• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Thats were your GM/Coaching comes into play. Gotta hit on drafts consistently to replenish the ranks.
    I agree. That was the model at Indy that kept them competitive. TT is on it.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Slater might be setting a new path to the pros for OL. If you're a talented guy, skip your last year of unpaid college and go into training with a top pro for a year. Jump up your draft round by a few and make more money. Be less beat up and better prepared to start on day 1. I think the pros would pay for that.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Slater might be setting a new path to the pros for OL. If you're a talented guy, skip your last year of unpaid college and go into training with a top pro for a year. Jump up your draft round by a few and make more money. Be less beat up and better prepared to start on day 1. I think the pros would pay for that.
        I think he's an exceptional talent who already showed enough tape for the pro's to view and was able to opt out, only because of the pandemic. I like the idea, but the college coaches won't and GM still like game tape.

Comment

• Blastttoff
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Those coaching academies and OL camps are not free. Rashawn had the financial means growing up from a wealthy family to afford them.
          Unless college players are being compensated generously, this path may not be an easy path to replicate.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post

Those coaching academies and OL camps are not free. Rashawn had the financial means growing up from a wealthy family to afford them.
            Unless college players are being compensated generously, this path may not be an easy path to replicate.
            He’s talking about post college working with Duke Manyweather down in Dallas.
            Training facilities like this are available on signing a future’s contract based on your first NFL contract.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yeah, any decent agent will happily front a top prospect the money to do this for a year and pay for the insurance in case something happens. Now, if you’re a fringe 7th rounder UDFA, it’s a different story.

but Slater was a projected first rounder.

Also, Sewell was the better prospect, did the same thing, and he’s not exactly lighting the NFL on fire.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Garrett is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now. I think going forward, we may still see Slater getting some help, but I bet you don't see it very often.

Today may have exposed Slater a little, and it certainly was his worst performance of the season so far, but there are a lot of good, experience vets who can't hold Garrett in check the way Slater did.

Even Norton had a pretty good game. Hats off to both of them.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Garrett is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now. I think going forward, we may still see Slater getting some help, but I bet you don't see it very often.

Today may have exposed Slater a little, and it certainly was his worst performance of the season so far, but there are a lot of good, experience vets who can't hold Garrett in check the way Slater did.

Even Norton had a pretty good game. Hats off to both of them.
                      His worst performance is the best performance by a Charger LT since ???

Norton got a game ball. Schofield came in and played well.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Garrett is the best non-QB in the NFL.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          Garrett is the best non-QB in the NFL.
                          That’s still Aaron Donald.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X