Wore #53.
    Out of Rice.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• maurile
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Very sad news. I was seated next to him at a wedding reception about ten years ago and had a great time talking to him. Super nice guy, and very smart.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

That years offensive linemen were what propelled the Chargers to the SB, Both on the field and off. Locker room and all. That’s what I read about that year. Let’s see some of that again. An offense line.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

I passed along this sad news to my friend who was a coach with the Bolts and worked a lot with Courtney. He said you would be hard pressed to find a better person and better player to coach. Far to young. RIP Courtney.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

They were the core. All 5 of them. No other group, both offense or defense throttled all those wins in a row. It’s common knowledge that that one group ruled the locker room. God I miss them. They were the IT factor of that season. 5 boring offensive lineman were the kings of that entire SB team.So cool that that core of less than a sexy part of the team were the rock, the foundation. I can’t say enough about this. So rare in today’s NFL. I wonder if anyone knew that. Others on the team acknowledged that after the season. RIP captain. You and the others were “the Kirk...the creator.” (Star Trek reference).

And of course, Stan Humphries and them all gathered for a steak dinner each week. Stan picked up the tab. I so miss them in today’s world of high priced flashy super stars.
            Last edited by Caslon; 05-01-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X