Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Hope he will partner up with Allen. . . I will judge this pick on how he does vs. 1 player and that would be Anthony Schwartz. . . Chargers could of drafted instead. WE'LL SEE??

This could potentially be one of TT's WTF picks or this kid could prove he's been overlooked and a solid weapon for Justin, and prove TT has turned the corner on that type of stuff, because I didn't see Palmer rated in the top 30 of WR's in this draft.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Hope he will partner up with Allen. . . I will judge this pick on how he does vs. 1 player and that would be Anthony Schwartz. . . Chargers could of drafted instead. WE'LL SEE??

This could potentially be one of TT's WTF picks or this kid could prove he's been overlooked and a solid weapon for Justin, and prove TT has turned the corner on that type of stuff, because I didn't see Palmer rated in the top 30 of WR's in this draft.
      I saw him rated all over the place including as high as the 10th rated wide receiver by pro football Focus.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I saw him rated all over the place including as high as the 10th rated wide receiver by pro football Focus.
        Ok but do you think he was rated above Anthony Schwartz and will have a better career??

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Ok but do you think he was rated above Anthony Schwartz and will have a better career??
          I think he's a far superior overall wide receiver than Schwartz. Schwartz is a speed demon with very suspect hands.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

I think he's a far superior overall wide receiver than Schwartz. Schwartz is a speed demon with very suspect hands.
            OK, I hope you're right!

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

OK, I hope you're right!
              One of the things Staley values most playing on the outside of receiver is getting off the line versus press man. Palmer is very good at it. Schwartz is not but if you play off man on Schwartz he can burn right by you.... But he may not catch the pass.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Yes. Schwartz is a gadget prospect with elite straight-line speed but not much wiggle.

Josh Palmer is an every down WR with a nearly complete route tree. He can play X, Z, H, and in the slot. He will eliminate press attempts with his diverse release, disguise routes with his excellent route stems, and is deceptively fast much like Michael Thomas/Deandre Hopkins.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I was the only person yesterday that like the pick when it was made.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes. Schwartz is a gadget prospect with elite straight-line speed but not much wiggle.

Josh Palmer is an every down WR with a nearly complete route tree. He can play X, Z, H, and in the slot. He will eliminate press attempts with his diverse release, disguise routes with his excellent route stems, and is deceptively fast much like Michael Thomas/Deandre Hopkins.
                    Holy crap - he’s Hopkins? Right on! He looks like a professional receiver to me - plays like an intelligent grown man. he had shit QB and scheme to show his full toolbox. Not a burner though.

Fehoko, TPB favorite, still languishing on the board. He’s been on Mel’s “best avail” list for quite awhile, now at #5. I didnt see in his tape what many saw but I’m not as good at evaluation so i figured I was just unskilled at the art of scouting. I didn’t see route precision, didn’t notice any burst, didnt seem to run by anyone on clips i saw. Beats me, so far the pros don’t see it yet either.

i just saw a blurb that LAR’s next Rd1 pick is in 2024. Fuck the Rams.
                    Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

If I had to come up with a high-ceiling player comp for Palmer it’s Michael Thomas.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Holy crap - he’s Hopkins? Right on! He looks like a professional receiver to me - plays like an intelligent grown man. he had shit QB and scheme to show his full toolbox. Not a burner though.

Fehoko, TPB favorite, still languishing on the board. He’s been on Mel’s “best avail” list for quite awhile, now at #5. I didnt see in his tape what many saw but I’m not as good at evaluation so i figured I was just unskilled at the art of scouting. I didn’t see route precision, didn’t notice any burst, didnt seem to run by anyone on clips i saw. Beats me, so far the pros don’t see it yet either.

i just saw a blurb that LAR’s next Rd1 pick is in 2024. Fuck the Rams.
                        Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal
                        Both Thomas and Hopkins ran 4.57 40 times. Both are very adept at releasing off the line of scrimmage and are excellent route runners. Burner speed is great but it sure is not the be all and end all.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Both Thomas and Hopkins ran 4.57 40 times. Both are very adept at releasing off the line of scrimmage and are excellent route runners. Burner speed is great but it sure is not the be all and end all.
                          It is not. I think the league has become over-obsessed with finding the next Tyreek but have over-simplified his athletic gifts to simply speed. If he simply was fast, he would not be Tyreek.

Keenan is too slow to ever get open by modern standards. And yet ...
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X