Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Except that he was not a one trick pony. He was good on all routes. That is why he finished last season with a PFF rating of 78.4.

Staley has been great with in game strategy regarding going for it on 4th down, but the play calling by Lombardi has absolutely been off at times in every game and the strategy of moving away from the deep passing game and the personnel that fit that game that Herbert does so well has not been a good one. .

Bla bla bla. 3-1 and 2-0 in the division while leading the AFC west, enough said.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadh orse::deadhorse:

Comment

• Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Bla bla bla. 3-1 and 2-0 in the division while leading the AFC west, enough said.
        It is precisely because we are a good and talented team that small errors could in both personnel retained and scheme could be the difference between a Super Bowl championship and something less or even much less.

I struggle to imagine how any Charger fan could have watched the Anthony Lynn horror show last year and not recognize that reality.

You can pretend that the substantial loss of the deep passing game does not matter, but it is not difficult to foresee that a "cheap" deep passing TD could make the difference in games against better teams. (The 1994 Chargers might know a thing or two about that.)

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Oh hush

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            Oh hush
            Seconded.

If it’s okay to talk about Palmer in this thread, I thought he did a great job last night, called on for key blocking assignments, did not see he missed any. Gotta start somewhere.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Seconded.

If it’s okay to talk about Palmer in this thread, I thought he did a great job last night, called on for key blocking assignments, did not see he missed any. Gotta start somewhere.
              "Everybody blocks."

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                WustinSlurbert
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

I'm starting to see a lot more people hyping up Josh Palmer these days. Seems to me he has a bit of juice. I saw enough flashes to believe in him. Could be the X-Factor to Herbert winning this year's MVP/getting to the playoffs.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post
                  I'm starting to see a lot more people hyping up Josh Palmer these days. Seems to me he has a bit of juice. I saw enough flashes to believe in him. Could be the X-Factor to Herbert winning this year's MVP/getting to the playoffs.
                  Seemed to be heading in that direction late last year…

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I like the guy - he seemed to play like a pro from day 1. Successful WR in the NFL is not simply running fast. He seems to practice the craft - a poor man’s Slayer who maybe ends up not being so poor.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

this Staley guy...maybe he knows a thing or too

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Daniel Popper of The Athletic has Joshua Palmer and Nasir Adderley as his breakout players for 2022.

The first is wide receiver Joshua Palmer. The 2021 third-round pick had a really nice rookie season, finishing with 33 catches for 353 yards and four touchdowns. More than half of his production — both receptions and receiving yards — came in the final five games of the season. He really started to blossom down the stretch as he found his footing in offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi’s scheme. Palmer has earned the trust of Justin Herbert. Williams, Allen and Herbert raved about Palmer’s development this offseason. He is an ideal fit in the system, with his strong hands, polished route-running and ability to play and win outside and in the slot. Unfortunately for Palmer, there are a ton of quality receiving options on the Chargers offense, and his production potential is limited because of target share. But he has worked hard to groom that rapport and chemistry with Herbert by staying after practice regularly ever since he stepped foot in the Chargers building as a rookie. I am expecting big things from Palmer in 2022.
                        The Chargers under Tom Telesco have always used Labor Day as a deadline for any contract extensions.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

As for Palmer, not enough balls to go around. You don’t see Slayer saying “Take my Job.”
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X