Welcome Tre' McKitty, TE Georgia (Pick #97)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he is a pass catching TE, who can also run screens, go deep, and run with the ball.....and he can block.... watch is FSU highlights
    and solid on ST's.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
      Most seemed fine with Tremble at this spot but not with McKitty who is a much more natural pass catcher. Is the lack of golden domers getting to some of you?
      I didnt like Tremble either. McKitty shows poor routes, small target, poor hands. Small for a blocking TE. If he was a UDFA I wouldn't even notice him unless he made the roster.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He looks pretty smooth as a receiver, in the highlights. He does fill a position of need, more so than Palmer. You never know for sure, but potential is there.

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Most seemed fine with Tremble at this spot but not with McKitty who is a much more natural pass catcher. Is the lack of golden domers getting to some of you?
          I didn't want Tremble at this spot either, but it seems like we just spent a third round pick on a guy we hope can develop into Ladarius Green.

I think we can pick up a Ladarius Green type in FA.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I didnt like Tremble either. McKitty shows poor routes, small target, poor hands. Small for a blocking TE. If he was a UDFA I wouldn't even notice him unless he made the roster.
            Dane Brugler’s analysis: McKitty was not a productive pass-catcher over his time at Florida State and Georgia. But it wouldn’t be surprising to see him be a better pro because he runs solid routes and has a good-sized catch radius. And with his ability as a blocker, the Chargers can keep him on the field in any situation.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I've never criticized a Telesco pick before.

This was bloody awful. Could of had the guy in the 5th....and if you miss out - so what.

Their interior Oline is incredibly thin....maybe McKitty cat can fatten up and play there.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                It's really important to have a TE that can be on the field in any situation because it keeps the defense off balance.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

I completely blew the Herbert pick last year so I'm not saying shit. I hope both these guys surprise and do well.

Would like some depth on the line.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Yeah well, in the film I saw (not a lot but he didnt have a lot of catches either) I saw a guy with super mushy routes who didnt extend for catches.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      I've never criticized a Telesco pick before.

This was bloody awful. Could of had the guy in the 5th....and if you miss out - so what.

Their interior Oline is incredibly thin....maybe McKitty cat can fatten up and play there.
                      You don't know whether this is a good or bad pick yet. Have faith, be patient and see what it is that the Chargers' brain trust liked about this kid and Palmer before making any judgments. It does appear to me they are stacking the offense with weapons for Herbert, who have the skill sets that maximize Herbert's skills.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Dane Brugler’s analysis: McKitty was not a productive pass-catcher over his time at Florida State and Georgia. But it wouldn’t be surprising to see him be a better pro because he runs solid routes and has a good-sized catch radius. And with his ability as a blocker, the Chargers can keep him on the field in any situation.

So he might turn out better than unproductive as a pass catcher?

There's hope!
                        :exparrot:

I don't see the catch radius.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You don't know whether this is a good or bad pick yet. Have faith, be patient and see what it is that the Chargers' brain trust liked about this kid and Palmer before making any judgments. It does appear to me they are stacking the offense with weapons for Herbert, who have the skill sets that maximize Herbert's skills.
                          No, we don't. But Telesco has not exactly demonstrated an eagle eye for untapped talent.
                          With what odd pick has he succeeded?

Should have just kept Henry....they aren't doing anything with the money they saved. Taking away one of his favorite targets and replacing it with a little used tight end is not maximizing Herbert's skills.

San Francisco liked Kittle, but held off until the 5th because they had to address other needs. Bulaga goes down and the guard position is on tremendously shaky ground.

Bone head pick by Telesco, who might go down as the guy who failed on every 3rd round pick of his 9 year GM career, save the first.

Comment

Working...
                          X