Welcome Larry Rountree III, RB Missouri (Pick #198)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes, to Jobu.
    Killing a donkey should suffice.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• therber219
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2017
      • Iowa
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      My gawd...... I just thought of it.... What the hell are RB's going to do with running lanes? And JH having a clean pocket. I absolutely love this Oline on paper. Do we have to sacrifice a chicken? Or do something to line up the cosmos so we can have an actual season with minor injuries? I
      I actually already sacrificed a chicken. It was a beautiful chicken too, just off the rotisserie. I set it on a plate and turned my back for a minute, and in came my dog.... Chicken gone
      Not sure if it works the same since it wasn't intentional, but here's hoping!

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Killing a donkey should suffice.
        A “horse faced” human?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

I know not everyone is high on Larry.
          Here are a few things that might give you some warm fuzzies.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

love his lateral agility

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              love his lateral agility
              Contact balance.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Good stuff, Ninja. I like Roundtree's vision--if the hole isn't there, he quickly cuts back and finds one, usually to the outside. I also like his burst through the hole--nice acceleration. The two plays I saw of his pass blocking, he wasn't too shabby--stays with his man and nice recovery even if temporarily beaten. Finally, a capable receiver out of the backfield with a decent twitch to juke defenders and create separation. I'll bet KA and Ekkie can show him some more moves to up his game even more. Seems like a pretty solid RB on our committee...

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

I actually already sacrificed a chicken. It was a beautiful chicken too, just off the rotisserie. I set it on a plate and turned my back for a minute, and in came my dog.... Chicken gone
                  Not sure if it works the same since it wasn't intentional, but here's hoping!
                  I hope that was one special rotisserie chicken.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Thank you.

The senior bowl video is pretty impressive. Like his vision, cutting and I saw some decent routes for a RB. I hope Rountree can replace the often injured just enough not to play but not enough to be placed on IR Justin Jackson. I have had enough of him using a roster spot and almost never seeing the field.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Rountree's Sr Bowl reps at QB protection looked solid. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good stuff, Ninja. I like Roundtree's vision--if the hole isn't there, he quickly cuts back and finds one, usually to the outside. I also like his burst through the hole--nice acceleration. The two plays I saw of his pass blocking, he wasn't too shabby--stays with his man and nice recovery even if temporarily beaten. Finally, a capable receiver out of the backfield with a decent twitch to juke defenders and create separation. I'll bet KA and Ekkie can show him some more moves to up his game even more. Seems like a pretty solid RB on our committee...
                        My reaction to the selection of Rountree was "meh". The videos reinforce my view of him.

I agree that he has good vision, but the physical act of him changing direction is not all that impressive. He is not absolutely horrible or anything, but he shows no great ability in terms of speed, quickness, or power in terms of breaking tackles. He is not sudden or explosive. In his game video versus Arkansas, it seemed like he never fell forward, demonstrating less power than I expected in that game. He does block well, though.

I disagree with your capable receiver out of the backfield comment as Ekeler is excellent out of the backfield and Jackson is good. Both of them have better twitch and ability to separate than Rountree.

Kelley is better physically than Rountree, but he never seemed to recover mentally from his early season fumbling issues after he had a good start to the season, so maybe Rountree will beat him out. I could also see Rountree as being the better special teams player. To me, however, it looks like Jackson is fairly safe as the #2 RB.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

My reaction to the selection of Rountree was "meh". The videos reinforce my view of him.

I agree that he has good vision, but the physical act of him changing direction is not all that impressive. He is not absolutely horrible or anything, but he shows no great ability in terms of speed, quickness, or power in terms of breaking tackles. He is not sudden or explosive. In his game video versus Arkansas, it seemed like he never fell forward, demonstrating less power than I expected in that game. He does block well, though.

I disagree with your capable receiver out of the backfield comment as Ekeler is excellent out of the backfield and Jackson is good. Both of them have better twitch and ability to separate than Rountree.

Kelley is better physically than Rountree, but he never seemed to recover mentally from his early season fumbling issues after he had a good start to the season, so maybe Rountree will beat him out. I could also see Rountree as being the better special teams player. To me, however, it looks like Jackson is fairly safe as the #2 RB.
                          I wasn’t thrilled with the pick either. But after some reflection, it makes sense for a few reasons.

1. Competition for Kelley
                          2. Special teams capacity
                          3. Sturdy/hard nosed with limited (if any) injury history
                          4. Injury insurance
                          5. Well balanced RB (but doesn’t excel at any 1 skill)

The Roundtree pick keeps us from having to scour the waiver wire if we get another situation like last year. The competition between him and Kelley will be interesting and will push the whole room to improve. I agree that Kelley is a better physical specimen but none of that matters if you can’t find the lanes. Last year (and last year’s blocking) was certainly a shock to his running habits. Kinda feel bad for the guy who doesn’t make the final 53. I’m sure they’re all eager to run behind a real OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X