Welcome Larry Rountree III, RB Missouri (Pick #198)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

He is not going to be our 4th RB..... He and Ekler will end up carrying the ball the most(unless either become injured).... Ekler more on the pass catching side and Roundtree doing the pounding..... it has been a long long time since Chargers have had a fast, elusive, and powerful tackle breaking back....... Even though Roundtree is our only every down all round type of RB, this team will still rotate at least 2-3 of them trying to keep all of them healthy and keep defenses off balance.....our other RB's are pure rotational part time backs....
    What do you consider Josh Kelley?
    He is an everydown RB. LR3 and JK are the same size, possess common explosive traits, and COD agility. JK is quite a bit faster in pure long speed.
    I like LR3 but he’ll have to earn his roster spot on ST first before he gets any carries. This is great because he excels as a STer while his work ethic and talent dictates his role on the team.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

He is not going to be our 4th RB..... He and Ekler will end up carrying the ball the most(unless either become injured).... Ekler more on the pass catching side and Roundtree doing the pounding..... it has been a long long time since Chargers have had a fast, elusive, and powerful tackle breaking back....... Even though Roundtree is our only every down all round type of RB, this team will still rotate at least 2-3 of them trying to keep all of them healthy and keep defenses off balance.....our other RB's are pure rotational part time backs....
      We shall see. Like they said he better shine on special teams coverage untis or he'll be finding a quick exit. Each of our last three picks was primarily made to increase the competition for special team spots. Of course they were made with an eye on earning a spot in regular rotation clear as well.

Comment

• alex8080
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Roundtree is your Malcolm brown

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Job 1 for Rountree (and picks in rounds 4-7), find Special Teams Coordinator Derius Swinton and climb in his back pocket.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            This year more than ever, I have read more contradictory assessments of draft picks than I can ever remember. A lot of them are totally contradictory. Some read like the analyst just looked at a stat sheet and based the review on that alone. Maybe COVID did this?

Regardless, hard for me to put much stock in any of these published reports

TG
            I could not agree more! I would come across the profiles from two different sources involving the same player, but you would not know it from reading the profiles. It is very odd to not find at least some similarity between the profiles when they are talking about the same player??

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

210 seems a little light

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Job 1 for Rountree (and picks in rounds 4-7), find Special Teams Coordinator Derius Swinton and climb in his back pocket.
                Very well said.
                If I was a day 3 pick, I’d be testing/calling Coach Swinton on a daily if not hourly basis.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
                  Roundtree is your Malcolm brown
                  LR3: 5-11, 211
                  Malcolm Brown: 5-11, 222

If u want LR3 like Brown, he needs to pump up...

arnold pump up.jpg

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This is your new Goal Line RB the way he hits the holes will put points on the board at the goal line and get first downs for 3rd down and 1.
                    Love this pick for those reasons...............................
                    Austin is the man and love JJ (when healthy) but the goal line and 3rd and 1 has limited us in the past. This guy hits the holes hard and breaks tackles he will move the sticks in those situations.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                      This is your new Goal Line RB the way he hits the holes will put points on the board at the goal line and get first downs for 3rd down and 1.
                      Love this pick for those reasons...............................
                      Austin is the man and love JJ (when healthy) but the goal line and 3rd and 1 has limited us in the past. This guy hits the holes hard and breaks tackles he will move the sticks in those situations.
                      With the talented added to the Oline, we will be improved in both those areas.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What do you consider Josh Kelley?
                        He is an everydown RB. LR3 and JK are the same size, possess common explosive traits, and COD agility. JK is quite a bit faster in pure long speed.
                        I like LR3 but he’ll have to earn his roster spot on ST first before he gets any carries. This is great because he excels as a STer while his work ethic and talent dictates his role on the team.
                        Josh Kelley is a big ? HOWEVER he should come in to camp and try and become our #1... We need a RB with the ability to rush for a thousand yards and put up 10 TD's and it would appear that our Running game is our biggest weakness right now. Let's hope this changes in training camp. I believe Austin only rushed for 1 TD last season, and Joshua Kelly and Hmmmm Anthony Lynn didn't seem to jell. Let's hope our new HC does better with the RB's. Roundtree II did say he just needs to get his foot in the door and he has a lot to show and prove. That's a good attitude heck maybe he could be our starter.? Austin is better when he is in a 3rd down back role and on the slot.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Josh Kelley is a big ? HOWEVER he should come in to camp and try and become our #1... We need a RB with the ability to rush for a thousand yards and put up 10 TD's and it would appear that our Running game is our biggest weakness right now. Let's hope this changes in training camp. I believe Austin only rushed for 1 TD last season, and Joshua Kelly and Hmmmm Anthony Lynn didn't seem to jell. Let's hope our new HC does better with the RB's. Roundtree II did say he just needs to get his foot in the door and he has a lot to show and prove. That's a good attitude heck maybe he could be our starter.? Austin is better when he is in a 3rd down back role and on the slot.
                          The failures in our run game was more of an issue with our Oline than our RBs previously.
                          Look for all our existing RBs perform much better.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂