Welcome Larry Rountree III, RB Missouri (Pick #198)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

I like this pick because I think it will bring the best out of the RB room. I also think the new offense will give multiple running backs the opportunity for lots of touches in the run and passing game, more motivation for these guys to put in the extra work. Lynn always just picked 1 bell cow and then would spell them
    when they got tired, it never felt like a true multi back system that took advantage of the different skill sets of our RB. I also think Lynn got in Kelley’s head last year with the early fumbles and then ST issues. Those are definitely things for Kelley to work on it but I didn’t like Lynn blasting a rookie for ST issues that have existed long before he got here. For a former RB I was never impressed with his work with the group as a whole.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LR3: 5-11, 211
      Malcolm Brown: 5-11, 222

If u want LR3 like Brown, he needs to pump up...

arnold pump up.jpg
      Arnold is really starting to gross me out.

I'm on on my knees Topcat, begging you to not post this again!

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
        I like this pick because I think it will bring the best out of the RB room. I also think the new offense will give multiple running backs the opportunity for lots of touches in the run and passing game, more motivation for these guys to put in the extra work. Lynn always just picked 1 bell cow and then would spell them
        when they got tired, it never felt like a true multi back system that took advantage of the different skill sets of our RB. I also think Lynn got in Kelley’s head last year with the early fumbles and then ST issues. Those are definitely things for Kelley to work on it but I didn’t like Lynn blasting a rookie for ST issues that have existed long before he got here. For a former RB I was never impressed with his work with the group as a whole.
        It was interesting that one of the things Stanley mentioned was roundtree was a very good pass blocker and he sees value for him blocking in our kicking game. Those block kicks need to stop and it was interesting to see that his attention to detail included that aspect when discussing the value of this pick.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

It was interesting that one of the things Stanley mentioned was roundtree was a very good pass blocker and he sees value for him blocking in our kicking game. Those block kicks need to stop and it was interesting to see that his attention to detail included that aspect when discussing the value of this pick.
          Seems to me that in the last twenty years a lot of newer footballers have forgotten that Football is Blocking and Tackling! If your not carrying the ball you better be doing something to help your team mate down the field.

:shifty:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Arnold is really starting to gross me out.

I'm on on my knees Topcat, begging you to not post this again!
            Okay, okay, I PROMISE not to post that pic ever, ever, ever, ever again...

...how about THIS one?:

arnold 2.jpg

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Ironic, wasn’t it?
              .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
              .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
              .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
              .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
              .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
              .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
              .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
              .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
              .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, okay, I PROMISE not to post that pic ever, ever, ever, ever again...

...how about THIS one?:

arnold 2.jpg
                If it refers to the Chargers returning to their rightful place on top of the AFC west, i'm all for it.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It sounds like Roubdtree was as much of a special teams pick as he was a running back pick.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think sometimes Lynn tried to adopt the Parcells style and it just didn't work for him. The mind games can make things a lot worse if you don't know what you are doing or who you are doing it to. Kelley did need/does need to stop screwing up, though. Maybe Staley and the new RB coach (who is supposed to be a real players coach) can turn him around. He is not a super talented back, so for him to stick around he needs to be mistake free.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      It sounds like Roubdtree was as much of a special teams pick as he was a running back pick.
                      No issue with that. Our special teams has been anything but special for about the last decade.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think sometimes Lynn tried to adopt the Parcells style and it just didn't work for him. The mind games can make things a lot worse if you don't know what you are doing or who you are doing it to. Kelley did need/does need to stop screwing up, though. Maybe Staley and the new RB coach (who is supposed to be a real players coach) can turn him around. He is not a super talented back, so for him to stick around he needs to be mistake free.

TG
                        Totally agree. Kelley needs to step up big time to keep his roster spot but I think Lynn throwing him to the dogs was the nail in the coffin for him. You’re supposed to be a players coach but cast more blame on a rookie with limited ST experience and no offseason instead of Stewart who had years of failure under his belt. Definitely not excited to see both how our run game changes and how our RBs develop in a new offense, I think any RB that makes the roster will be contributing on offense this year as well as on ST. Matchups not favoritism!

Comment

• GetBolted
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Butler, PA
                          • Send PM

Just watched game highlights of Mizzou vs LSU and Bama in 2020. Roundtree had some good runs in both games, he's a tough kid. If nothing else he's bringing some sand to the running back room.:ygdr:

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍