Welcome Mark Webb, S, Georgia (Pick #241)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Strictly in the box Safety.
    No coverage skills.
    Have to contribute on Teams to make the team.
    Throw away pick.
    I thought a kicker made more sense...don't want to see a repeat of Bankrupt Bag's 70% figgie rate this year...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
      MARK WEBB | Georgia | DC | #23 | rJr | 6013 | 210 | Pittsburgh, PA | Archbishop Wood

Overview:

Won the Georgia Bulldogs team award for most versatile player as the starter at their STAR position. His role in the NFL will be just that as a matchup player who can provide a team with some versatility. Webb is well put together, displaying noteworthy strength to match up against bigger tight ends in coverage without being bullied at the catch point or on in-breaking routes. Most comfortable playing around the line of scrimmage where he can exhibit his strength at the point of attack against blockers in run support and capable tackling abilities. Adds versatility as a capable blitzer to provide a changeup in the defense. Limited athlete with stiff hips that leave him susceptible to being beat by quicker receivers in man coverage. An unfavorable matchup in the slot as a result of poor short-area quickness, incapable of moving his feet on a lateral plane in space to disrupt receivers from the slot. Webb’s impact will be best suited as a safety at the next level who can play in the box and be a piece that a defense can use to match up against bigger tight ends.
      Sounds like a poor man's Launchwhiffy...

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Good stuff.

Webb had always been a star player. Ironically, that’s the special position Webb eventually came to play at Georgia, STAR, which for the Bulldogs is an amalgam of safety and cornerback in nickel packages.
        Webb jumped 11-feet, 6-inches on his third broad jump, which was ties the top mark set by Jeremy Chinn at last year’s NFL Combine for defensive backs, and Webb’s 36.5-inch vertical jump and 80-inch wingspan garnered further attention.

“Of all the DBs, Mark Webb looked the most fluid,” said Jim Nagy, a former NFL scout who now serves as the Senior Bowl executive director. “Mark really helped himself out. People who think Mark Webb is a late-round pick are mistaken. He has position versatility.

“He’s still relatively inexperienced at the DB position. Plus, Mark is a great kid who interviews well. Mark is one of those guys who could be a better pro player than a college player.”

Webb carries 3.1 GPA and is 8 credits short of receiving a bachelor’s degree in housing management and policy. He didn’t take off from school during his Pro Day and Senior Bowl practices.

“It was rough to keep with things academically, but that’s important to me and my family that I graduate,” said Webb, who’s heard from Denver, the Los Angeles Chargers and the New York Jets. “Let’s see where things go. I feel good about this weekend.

Whatever I have to do, I’ll do to get on the field.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          https://www.phillyvoice.com/nfl-draf...-philadelphia/

Like Coach Staley, Mark Webb was an offensive player (WR) who switched to defense. Staley was a QB.
          No wonder we picked him up. Probably only an ST guy but nice to know that he did play the STAR position.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I thought a kicker made more sense...don't want to see a repeat of Bankrupt Bag's 70% figgie rate this year...
              There were a few different options available at that pick that seemed better suited. Obviously our new brain trust has an idea of what they want. Sure hope it works.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                Strictly in the box Safety.
                No coverage skills.
                Have to contribute on Teams to make the team.
                Throw away pick.
                No no.
                Mark Webb is going to play DS/Hybrid 3rd DS.
                Former WR. Only playing DB 4 years. He needs technique improvements and a ton of reps.
                Ascending, big, explosive, high football IQ, grinder that will make an impact on ST early.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No wonder we picked him up. Probably only an ST guy but nice to know that he did play the STAR position.
                  If he and Niemann can contribute on special teams - I am all for that.

For me - goals this offseason

1) upgrade OL
                  2) fix ST so they aren't a complete disaster and bleep show

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Yeah these moves make me remember to trust the process.I was never much of a trust in TT guy but I am gonna try and trust Staley's vision.opcorn:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

CBS Sports Chris Trapasso:

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No no.
                        Former WR. Only playing DB 4 years. He needs technique improvements and a ton of reps.
                        Ascending, big, explosive, high football IQ, grinder that will make an impact on ST early.
                        Thanks for giving us hope on these head-scratcher picks, Ninja.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No no.
                          “He’s still relatively inexperienced at the DB position. Plus, Mark is a great kid who interviews well. Mark is one of those guys who could be a better pro player than a college player.” - Jim Nagy, Senior Bowl executive director

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍