• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Both Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins ran 4.57. there's a hell of a lot more to being a very good wide receiver than running fast in a straight line.
    Travis Benjamin ran a 4.37 but can’t catch a wide open deep pass in the bread basket to save his life.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

If Mayock had picked Moehrig in the 1st, and Leatherwood in the 2nd, that draft would look a lot cleaner.
      Getting Koonce and Diablo in the 3rd, then adding Gillespie and Hobbs in 4/5 look like solid picks.
      It's an arms race out west- he's loading up his back end( Isn't that what Staley said he'd do?)
      We'll see how it works out.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Raiders ranked #29th in consensus grade munchers. It's official: Drafting is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Not that it means much but our draft was extremely well received industry-wide. The only people that hated our draft are a few members here that seemed to think that "their guys" were the only players worthy of drafting.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Raiders ranked #29th in consensus grade munchers. It's official: Drafting is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.
            JH10 is not impressed. 3.76 is not 4.0. He still wins.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Not that it means much but our draft was extremely well received industry-wide. The only people that hated our draft are a few members here that seemed to think that "their guys" were the only players worthy of drafting.
              I give it a solid 'A'. Good chance of 3 starters plis roatuonal/ST players. I know people liked some of the DBs but they may not have the mental traits we want.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Its all a guess at this point. On paper its all about did you fill your greatest needs but THAT is the most subjective part of this. Our coaches know more on the new scheme than we or anyone else does so im sure they think they aced this, right?

I really love our top two picks...ecstatic we landed two players that could impact this year. All others are likely not starting material with the depth at wr, edge, lb, TE etc but that diesnt mean they wont play nor contribute. Just give them time to coach and then we really see what we have.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                  In the pre draft thread a couple weeks ago I said I thought there was a good chance Slater would fall to us. One or two teams would reach for a pick. I didn't add the second half of my thought, it's too bad the Raiders aren't picking in front of us or it would be them.

I doubt it's Mayock making these picks. I'm glad Gruden is signed for a decade.
                  Yep...how would u like being the GM, but sometimes get overruled on draft picks by yer HC? Good times...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

When I was Maycock in the TPB mock draft, I just told Gruden to shut his pie hole and go suck an empty Corona bottle. I believe that I kicked the real Maycock's ass with my first 4 picks.......the Raider Nation would have loved me picking last week.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      When I was Maycock in the TPB mock draft, I just told Gruden to shut his pie hole and go suck an empty Corona bottle. I believe that I kicked the real Maycock's ass with my first 4 picks.......the Raider Nation would have loved me picking last week.
                      I've actually read some of their boards and they think they had a great draft. They say if you flip flop rounds one and two who they picked and where they have one of the best drafts of the weekend. Go figure

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I've actually read some of their boards and they think they had a great draft. They say if you flip flop rounds one and two who they picked and where they have one of the best drafts of the weekend. Go figure
                        Flip Moehring and Leatherwood - I read the same thing

Thats the thing. We just do not know. If Leatherwood is an 8-10 year starter at OG - its a good pick

Comment

• Silversurfer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Los Angeles
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Flip Moehring and Leatherwood - I read the same thing

Thats the thing. We just do not know. If Leatherwood is an 8-10 year starter at OG - its a good pick
                          Hes a big dude, obviously not the popular pick but might hold down that position for awhile for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X