• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    She does write well. She is the one who Cam insulted (in some eyes) when she asked him a question at a presser some years back. And she is the one who made racist tweets even more years back (in some eyes) when the inevitable research into her took place after Cam insulted her.

Mina Kimes (I probably butchered that and I am sorry) is also a very talented sports writer.

TG
    I completely forgot about that. As long as both learned from the experience going forward, I’m more forgiving.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

After reading this it almost sounds like Staleys defense might have had something to do with McVay wanting to change QBs after seeing how it played it in practice after getting shut down a few times previous.

I hope our player pikck up this system quick and it is successful, I am worried there might be some period of adjustment.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

She does write well. She is the one who Cam insulted (in some eyes) when she asked him a question at a presser some years back. And she is the one who made racist tweets even more years back (in some eyes) when the inevitable research into her took place after Cam insulted her.

Mina Kimes (I probably butchered that and I am sorry) is also a very talented sports writer.

TG
        I forgot about the Cam Newton thing - he kind of brushed off her question. And not trying to read too much into it - but almost like "hey look at the girl asking me a question"

And I am just thankful twitter was not around when I was a kid as I said some pretty stupid things

Mina Kimes is good - enjoy her so much more than her cohorts like Orlovsky, Spears or Golic Jr (I am not sure Golic Jr has ever said anything of analytical value in his time on ESPN when I have listened)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

After reading this it almost sounds like Staleys defense might have had something to do with McVay wanting to change QBs after seeing how it played it in practice after getting shut down a few times previous.

I hope our player pikck up this system quick and it is successful, I am worried there might be some period of adjustment.
          The Rams picked up the defense without OTAs and a modified training camp. Granted, having two studs like Donald and Jalen Ramsey helps

But with the OTAs, meetings and training camp - hopefully the Chargers defense is further "ahead" of the Rams defense from 12 months ago.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

There was not a long adjustment period for the Rams. And this defense is very dissimilar to Wade's which the Rams had been running under McVay. And the Ram offense has been on a downward slope since the superbowl year. McVay had to do something. Certainly not going to admit it was him, but other defenses have figured out how to shut them down.

I do think that Staley knows how to counter the Shanahan offense and the RPO offense pretty well now. It takes an elite QB to routinely beat his defense.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Other teams will be quick to copy/adjust to the scheme.

My hope is that the key is the coach not the scheme. If he is constantly teaching the players and constantly updating the scheme he can stay ahead of the trends instead of fading into obsolescence.

Part of it is that the NFL has been slow to adapt while the college game adapts a lot faster so there is some slack between the NFL game and college game. A lot of young coaches are finally pushing it forward.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Actually, the thing most stacked against Staley is that most fans and hence the NFL hate defense. If he does too well the NFL will change the rules or tell the refs to call things differently to preserve all the high scoring offense.

TG

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Actually, the thing most stacked against Staley is that most fans and hence the NFL hate defense. If he does too well the NFL will change the rules or tell the refs to call things differently to preserve all the high scoring offense.

TG
                  Aha!! But Staley wants to be aggressive and sling it on offense.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I really like this new coach the Chargers got themselves. I wish him the best. Players seem to love him.
                    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 09-11-2021, 10:59 AM.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

OIP!!!! So glad to see you. Hope you are well, Brother.

TG

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

OIP!!!! So glad to see you. Hope you are well, Brother.

TG
                        Thanks man, Well is a relative term, I'm physically well. Hope you are doing great.

Now I need a way to watch the game. I cut all cords/satellites
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Thanks man, Well is a relative term, I'm physically well. Hope you are doing great.

Now I need a way to watch the game. I cut all cords/satellites
                          You may be able to get it on the internet at http://bilasport.net/index.html
                          You have to scroll down to get to the NFL games
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X