• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    You may be able to get it on the internet at http://bilasport.net/index.html
    You have to scroll down to get to the NFL games
    Thanks. I'll go crawl back in my cave.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

I'm convinced Staley has what it takes to lead this team to a Super Bowl. The Chargers are capable of making it there under his leadership by the time Herbert's rookie contract is up.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Mina Kimes is good
        Yeah, Mina gets it. Knows her stuff and she's sassy in a playful way...lighthearted.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Chargers made the long trip to D.C. for a Week One game that started at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time. They pulled off the victory and moved to 1-0 on the season. After the game, receiver Keenan Allen gushed about the coach who got them there.

“True leader,” Allen told me by phone regarding Brandon Staley. “Real player’s coach. He comes to work every day shows up with incredible energy. Gives us a game plan and we go for it. He’s one of the best I’ve been around.”

I later asked Allen, who has started his ninth NFL season, how this version of the Chargers differs from others.

“Differently coached I would say,” Allen said. “I think we were a little bit better schemed, no disrespect to the last coaches we’ve had. A little bit better schemed. A little bit better prepared.”

It helps to have a great young quarterback in Justin Herbert. One coach observed last night via text that Herbert is the best of all young quarterbacks in the NFL. I asked Allen when he knew that Herbert was the real deal.

“Shit, the first drive he had [against] Kansas City last year,” Allen said.

The win sets the stage for a Week Two visit from the Cowboys, and a chance for the Chargers to continue to put folks on notice that they could rival the Chiefs for the title of best team in the AFC West. The Chargers also could push the Rams for the title of best team in L.A.

Of course the comments after the story appeared to be mostly from Rams fans who said (a) Rams are a top 3 team and (b) the Chargers barely beat a poor team playing with their backup Qb and (c) Rams are waaaaay better than the Chargers.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            The Chargers made the long trip to D.C. for a Week One game that started at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time. They pulled off the victory and moved to 1-0 on the season. After the game, receiver Keenan Allen gushed about the coach who got them there.

“True leader,” Allen told me by phone regarding Brandon Staley. “Real player’s coach. He comes to work every day shows up with incredible energy. Gives us a game plan and we go for it. He’s one of the best I’ve been around.”

I later asked Allen, who has started his ninth NFL season, how this version of the Chargers differs from others.

“Differently coached I would say,” Allen said. “I think we were a little bit better schemed, no disrespect to the last coaches we’ve had. A little bit better schemed. A little bit better prepared.”

It helps to have a great young quarterback in Justin Herbert. One coach observed last night via text that Herbert is the best of all young quarterbacks in the NFL. I asked Allen when he knew that Herbert was the real deal.

“Shit, the first drive he had [against] Kansas City last year,” Allen said.

The win sets the stage for a Week Two visit from the Cowboys, and a chance for the Chargers to continue to put folks on notice that they could rival the Chiefs for the title of best team in the AFC West. The Chargers also could push the Rams for the title of best team in L.A.

Of course the comments after the story appeared to be mostly from Rams fans who said (a) Rams are a top 3 team and (b) the Chargers barely beat a poor team playing with their backup Qb and (c) Rams are waaaaay better than the Chargers.

TG
            A Staley McVay Ram Chargers LA Superbowl played in LA would be.........

Nice to see Staley get results in his first game, overcame a lot of questionable calls by the refs to pull out a road victory. Impressive. I think they may have found a potentially great coach.....I liked that their was lots of hype but I was waiting to see what it looked like and I could not be more impressed with this week 1 for the Coach.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• SoCalDan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

The most impressive thing is his knowledge of the game. He didn't wait and say "I need to look at the tape"

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

There was a really bad missed call on the Jones face mask that might have led to a Washington TD vs FG, too, though.

Ironically re watching the game the play that bosa sacks Fitz and causes a fumble looked very muck like his 2nd roughing penalty against Heinicke. Bad call. The first roughing was deserved. Bosa hit him way late and could have held up

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  There was a really bad missed call on the Jones face mask that might have led to a Washington TD vs FG, too, though.

Ironically re watching the game the play that bosa sacks Fitz and causes a fumble looked very muck like his 2nd roughing penalty against Heinicke. Bad call. The first roughing was deserved. Bosa hit him way late and could have held up
                  The first mask was missed, but the player was already going to the ground when it happened and it wasnt excessive mask pull. WFT was the benefactor of a lot more bad calls, phantom calls, and non-calls than that one play though. I didn’t think it was close at all in terms of gain vs pain on bad calls, it was pretty lopsided from my view.

Honestly think it was more than a 10 point gift to WFT. No one ever really knows of course … the fact is all the bad calls were fully baked in by mid-4th period and either team could have won. Chargers dug deep and took the game back home with them, WFT did not. Chargers soundly outplayed them imo looking at the overall 60 minutes, its not like it was a fluke.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Great podcast with Jourdan Rodrigue, beat writer for the Rams at The Athletic. She's been digging into the Brandon Staley scheme for the last year+.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Keyshawn ready to come back and play during the interview.

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

I'm not willing yet to crown this coaching staff quite yet. Lets see how they prepare this team when going up against another great coach ala the Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens who will all face down the road. I'm also interested in seeing how they keep the team focused as the wins pile up.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

For sure. Long way to go and lot to prove. But undeniable how well NFL (and former NFL) players respond to the guy. I thought he might be a little wimpy (sorry probably not a fair word, but you know what I mean) but he is not. There is a real edge to him. But he also doesn’t appear to need to use histrionics to get his point across. That really doesnt’ work long term and players tune it out. Seems like he goes more technical and a player cannot argue with that. The opposite of the “DO your job!” Approach. I imagine it is something similar to Belichick? (Very different personalities — Bill is a jerk — but similar approaches to correcting players?)

TG

Comment

Working...
                          X