• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We are seeing what we have been asking for. A coach that uses analytics in combination with experience and game feel to make non conservative decisions. The fake punt was a great call based upon alignment and it was executed well. It took an outstanding play both physically and mentally for it to not pan out. So his decisions wont always work but they will work most of the time. Just waiting for one to hurt them to see all the complainers come out. They will. But I am so happy we have a coach like this. And he is not doing it out of desparation or because this team is so talent depleted it is the only way they can win. He is doing it deliberately, carefully, intentionally. It has to be driving other coaches nuts. As a fan I always hate it when the other team goes for it. Don't you?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      We are seeing what we have been asking for. A coach that uses analytics in combination with experience and game feel to make non conservative decisions. The fake punt was a great call based upon alignment and it was executed well. It took an outstanding play both physically and mentally for it to not pan out. So his decisions wont always work but they will work most of the time. Just waiting for one to hurt them to see all the complainers come out. They will. But I am so happy we have a coach like this. And he is not doing it out of desparation or because this team is so talent depleted it is the only way they can win. He is doing it deliberately, carefully, intentionally. It has to be driving other coaches nuts. As a fan I always hate it when the other team goes for it. Don't you?

TG
      Loved the fake punt call. Right decision regardless of outcome.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Might want to pump the brakes there! Remember we all liked Lynn in his first year.
        Not me. Even though we had a decent season I didn't like his coaching style. We never put teams away. He always coached to not lose rather than to win. Thank god he's gone. Thank god we have a coach that is instilling a new mindset in this football team.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

About 20 years ago, I first heard about Kevin Kelley a HS coach in Arkansas.
          Hunter Henry played under him if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

Hunter Henry played under him if I'm not mistaken.
            Really? I wasn’t aware of that.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Baltimore plays Monday Night. They get a short week to prepare for the Chargers.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Not me. Even though we had a decent season I didn't like his coaching style. We never put teams away. He always coached to not lose rather than to win. Thank god he's gone. Thank god we have a coach that is instilling a new mindset in this football team.
                Lynn was too much of a moron. He made a lot of bad decisions. After the playoff game against the Ravens he had the team fly back to the west coast before going back east to Foxborough. When that happened, the players weren't in good rhythm for the game against the Patriots. I don't know why he had the team fly back and forth, when he could of have the team stay on the east coast.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Lynn was too much of a moron. He made a lot of bad decisions. After the playoff game against the Ravens he had the team fly back to the west coast before going back east to Foxborough. When that happened, the players weren't in good rhythm for the game against the Patriots. I don't know why he had the team fly back and forth, when he could of have the team stay on the east coast.
                  I bet he doesn't last long in Detroit. I'm sure Goff is wondering wtf he did to get tossed to the abyss that is Detroit.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

This is no accident fellas.

Watch the Staley interview and Ekeler interview from today. Pay attention to Ekeler’s explanation of “our way”. Staley is doing things completely different in a next gen kind of way. The team is buying into it and it’s working.

I repeat, this is not an accident.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      We are seeing what we have been asking for. A coach that uses analytics in combination with experience and game feel to make non conservative decisions. The fake punt was a great call based upon alignment and it was executed well. It took an outstanding play both physically and mentally for it to not pan out. So his decisions wont always work but they will work most of the time.
                      Maybe the best part about ALL of this is that Staley is showing his players-- by going for it on 4th down, and the fake punt, etc., that he believes in them to get the job done. If that won't make a player run through a brick wall for you, nothing will. How can you *not* be loyal to your coach, when he trusts you this much?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

If you hated Lynn, you must've detested McCoy. Lynn was no tactician, but he was a "leader of men", which McCoy wasn't, and the team needed.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If you hated Lynn, you must've detested McCoy. Lynn was no tactician, but he was a "leader of men", which McCoy wasn't, and the team needed.
                          ;;Oh yeah. McCoy, Gilbride, Riley, even Norval.

Comment

Working...
                          X