• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    We are seeing what we have been asking for. A coach that uses analytics in combination with experience…
    A major NFL site didn’t mention the Chargers at all among teams that are into analytics. Found that a bit odd. They listed about 16 teams total in various categories relating to analytics. Not that it matters all that much in the overall scheme of things.

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

I don't think I've seen this posted yet.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

I love coach Staley, but this vid reminds me of this:
        squirrel.jpg

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Lynn was too much of a moron. He made a lot of bad decisions. After the playoff game against the Ravens he had the team fly back to the west coast before going back east to Foxborough. When that happened, the players weren't in good rhythm for the game against the Patriots. I don't know why he had the team fly back and forth, when he could of have the team stay on the east coast.
            You don’t know why? It was actually the right decision. This isn’t like the regular season where you know who your opponent is ahead of time and can plan accordingly. Remember that was the same year that we stayed in Cleveland after beating Cleveland because we knew that we were playing in London the following week. We couldn’t stay in the East coast for the playoff game against NE because you need to be able to set up the necessary equipment ahead of time, as well as find an appropriate location to stay at. It takes more than a short week to get those logistics together. Whereas with a set schedule, you know months in advance and can plan accordingly. I promise you that someone like Bill Belichick would have flown back to the East coast if a playoff game was in the West Coast the following week. Brandon Staley would have done the same thing if he was in Lynn’s position.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Here's my compliment to our HC...
              Brandon Staley is the Justin Herbert of coaching.
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Here's my compliment to our HC...
                Brandon Staley is the Justin Herbert of coaching.
                I’m in on this take. Live it actually. We didn’t know how Herbert was going to be and he exceeded expectations. Smart, detailed, hard worker, good dude and team guy. I could be talking about either of them. Both seem exceptionally talented. Unicorns. Together.

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

So far Staley has impressed me so much that I think we actually can do this and I think despite Spanos curse, Staley and Herbert will take us there.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Really like Ekeler’s interviews. He’s very honest. He opens praises Staley and Slater and rightfully gives some hard truths about how Norton basically sucks and the RBs have to help him a lot.

One of the best signings that Telesco made was signing Ekeler to a team friendly extension during the Gordon holdout phase.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                      Serenity now!
                      • Sep 2021
                      • North Carolina
                      • Teacher
                      • Send PM

How well this guy really knows the X's and O's of this great game and how to get the best out of these players way better than Lynn ever did has really impressed me.Don't get me wrong I think Lynn did a solid enough job here but Staley just seems to work with them better so far imo.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
                        How well this guy really knows the X's and O's of this great game and how to get the best out of these players way better than Lynn ever did has really impressed me.Don't get me wrong I think Lynn did a solid enough job here but Staley just seems to work with them better so far imo.
                        I think STaley is just better at his job than Lynn or McCoy or Norv.

I think we see it in our professions that we ourselves might be better than others but others are better than I am.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think STaley is just better at his job than Lynn or McCoy or Norv.

I think we see it in our professions that we ourselves might be better than others but others are better than I am.
                          I think Staley is better at his job than most head coaches in the NFL. He's just smarter; it was apparent Monday night against GruBrad.

Comment

Working...
                          X