Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Staley out there making bro-hugging dudes pro-days. Even if we don't draft em' now we can sign them later.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        Staley out there making bro-hugging dudes pro-days. Even if we don't draft em' now we can sign them later.
        I dedicate this to Brandon Staley.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I dedicate this to Brandon Staley.

Would not surprise me if Staley digs and breaks down all the nuances of anime lol.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

The more I listen to Staley, the more I expect big things from him. He's into the details of every facet of football. He's really a great communicator. With this year's roster and Staley's attention to detail we can expect a really good year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              The more I listen to Staley, the more I expect big things from him. He's into the details of every facet of football. He's really a great communicator. With this year's roster and Staley's attention to detail we can expect a really good year.
              Agree - completely

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

still not sure 'bout Staley.... as a purported defensive wiz/whisperer, he didn't get it done.

he talks about relationships and player rapport, but I see a guy who has strained relationships w/his players.... in rap terms, he's frontin' a bit.

and most of all, and I know everyone is in love w/his personnel moves, personally am still a bit wary there as well, and as am a believer in the separation of church and state.

hopefully Stalesco prevails, and know Tom is not the type to play intrepid/maverick GM, and.... have seen too many HCs get too much control over personnel, only to be the beginning of the end.

as have mentioned before, this roster has been left exposed on some fronts, and hopeful that BS is the man you all make him out to be, but not sure that is the case.... hope I'm mistaken.

and qualifier.... my guy, Joe Brady, has hardly fared any better.
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Can you share which players Staley has a strained relationship with? I just have not read anything about that or seen anything either. Seems like everyone who ever played for him loves the guy and he has been a draw for FAs (if you watch the Van Noy presser after OTAs he is not faking his love for coach)

Or do you maybe mean he has said guys like Davis and Tillery need to step it up?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Can you share which players Staley has a strained relationship with? I just have not read anything about that or seen anything either. Seems like everyone who ever played for him loves the guy and he has been a draw for FAs (if you watch the Van Noy presser after OTAs he is not faking his love for coach)

Or do you maybe mean he has said guys like Davis and Tillery need to step it up?

TG
                    I get the feel from what I've seen that Staley is a pretty straight up guy. The kind of guy who will tell you when you're messing up, and tell you how to fix it. But not in the media. He had plenty of opportunity last year as the defense failed time and again to blame players, but to my recollection he never threw anyone under the bus - he took the heat himself. Players like and appreciate that level of honesty and protection.

He hasn't said anything about Tillery or Davis that wasn't true, and he refrained from denigrating them publicly. He's basically said that they both need to step up, which is completely true. If they don't like that they should play better.

Part of the draw Staley has with players wanting to come here is 1) The players know they can count on him to put the best players on the field, 2) they know he's smart, 3) they know he's honest with them, 4) he has Herbie :thumbsup: . I'm convinced that most NFL players know what it takes to win in this league, and the do want to win. Only the losers just come for the money - we had years of that. Glad that's over!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Good post, Lefty. I agree.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                        Tillery?

Any guy who's job is on the line with have somewhat of a strained relationship with all involved.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Players need to have a little fear of the coaches in them. They can’t be allowed to get comfortable and decide they’re doing well enough.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X