• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
    What's clear is that he is learning on the job. All of our coaches have limited experience (HC, OC, DC). It is one of our biggest shortcomings. As a reference point, I wouldn't want the Bill Belecheat from his Cleveland days.
    Agree with you. The chargers keep hiring guys who lack HC experience even tho that has never worked in the entire history of the team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Well McVay just won a SB.

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Wrong LA team forum.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree with you. The chargers keep hiring guys who lack HC experience even tho that has never worked in the entire history of the team.
          Not worried about Staley being head coach. More worried about who he has manning the OC helm there. We've seen continuous improvement on our team over Lynn management and he still looks the best of the rookie coaches out there.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Not worried about Staley being head coach. More worried about who he has manning the OC helm there. We've seen continuous improvement on our team over Lynn management and he still looks the best of the rookie coaches out there.
            The problem for me is that KC game looked a lot like a Lynn (a person who should not be anywhere near NFL coaching position) managed game.
            Lead 17-7 we could finish them but instead change of momentum (yes I know refs but still) and find a Charger way to lose it (pick six on a play dialled for player who asked to be off at this set).

I am one of the biggest Staley proponent here but how the game was called in pivotal moments was more Lynn than Staley.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

The problem for me is that KC game looked a lot like a Lynn (a person who should not be anywhere near NFL coaching position) managed game.
              Lead 17-7 we could finish them but instead change of momentum (yes I know refs but still) and find a Charger way to lose it (pick six on a play dialled for player who asked to be off at this set).

I am one of the biggest Staley proponent here but how the game was called in pivotal moments was more Lynn than Staley.
              The Chargers have played exactly 4 quarters of good football out of a possible 8 and are 1 and 1 as a result.

In both games so far this year, the lack of success after halftime has been alarming..

It's almost as if they need to be behind or close to play well in the 2nd half.

I'm still firmly in the "not completely sold" on Staley camp (almost by myself) mostly because of the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this team.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Staley is still a young coach, but he is clearly one of the smartest young coaches in the league and he has a bright future. I guess we'll have hear the second guessing and hyperbolic takes until he wins a SB. If this team executed just one or two plays more against the Chiefs, we'd be 2-0. We didn't so in a bottom-line league everything is subject to scrutiny. But the team was in position to make those plays and I am not worried about him as a coach. I worry about our health and depth but we went toe to toe with KC in KC and were the better team. I expect we'll get better and better as the year goes on and will be peaking at the right time.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Staley has rebuilt and done a great job with the Defense but his loyalty to an inept Lombardi will screw him. Mark my words.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

The Chargers have played exactly 4 quarters of good football out of a possible 8 and are 1 and 1 as a result.

In both games so far this year, the lack of success after halftime has been alarming..

It's almost as if they need to be behind or close to play well in the 2nd half.

I'm still firmly in the "not completely sold" on Staley camp (almost by myself) mostly because of the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this team.
                    Defense has played all 8 quarters with success. Don’t blame the entire team. It’s the offense that got out coached in the 2nd half of both games.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      Staley has rebuilt and done a great job with the Defense but his loyalty to an inept Lombardi will screw him. Mark my words.
                      Like Lynn’s loyalty to George Stewart

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Chargers didn’t hire him. Wasn’t sure I had to say that

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Like Lynn’s loyalty to George Stewart
                          Did not matter, Lynn was just poor football mind.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍