• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Is there not a one of us here who wouldn't take Staley over the Bolt's three head coaches prior to him? We have a bright, young guy who the players love. It would be a huge mistake to let him go. If he can just get Lombardi to quit playing turtle when we have a lead, things will be fine.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

..And many win the SB.
      It's case by case, either you got a good one or you don 't.
      Guaranteed Staley won't get the axe before the season is over.
      Probably not then but let's skip the premature rejection.
      He won't get the Ax til he has one year left on his deal but I think we are trending up regardless of the Debbie Downers in here. All we need is JL to just open it up a litttle bit more than usual.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Good luck with that…..I doubt he’ll land on another team that has as much talent as Chargers current roster.
        Staley will get a 2nd hire only if...

1. he gets a 2nd contract here

2. he has success here, multiple playoffs and playoff wins, but the team was expecting more.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
          Is there not a one of us here who wouldn't take Staley over the Bolt's three head coaches prior to him? We have a bright, young guy who the players love. It would be a huge mistake to let him go. If he can just get Lombardi to quit playing turtle when we have a lead, things will be fine.
          I don't really care who the coach is IF we don't make the playoffs, and that goes for every season ever played since 1983. the fact we haven't made the playoffs with this QB yet means nothing has been determined and Staley is just a HC who hasn't been to the playoffs going on year 2. Period.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Just caught the tail end of this week's "Let's Go" podcast on Sirius XM and Jim Grey and Larry Fitzgerald were very critical of Staley, the staff and even Everett during that whole sequence. Hammered them pretty hard. Also was listening to the Bill Simmons podcase and they were dissing on Staley pretty good as well.

I don't say this in support of whether they are right or wrong, just to simply illustrate that some in the national sports media may be starting to turn on Staley.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              Just caught the tail end of this week's "Let's Go" podcast on Sirius XM and Jim Grey and Larry Fitzgerald were very critical of Staley, the staff and even Everett during that whole sequence. Hammered them pretty hard. Also was listening to the Bill Simmons podcase and they were dissing on Staley pretty good as well.

I don't say this in support of whether they are right or wrong, just to simply illustrate that some in the national sports media may be starting to turn on Staley.
              None of this is a surprise. The chargers were a pre season favorite, second only to the bills, because of what they did in the off season. They see what we see. It’s not all clicking yet. Hopefully it will soon but until then the media is going to focus on the mistakes and find blame

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Nick Sirianni over Staley.

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Staley needs to have an OC who can FULLY UTILIZE Herbert's talents.

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2022
                    • Send PM

Staley blinked, now what?
                    Newbie Chargers fan since Ben retired (I root for players). Watched every snap Herbert played as a Duck. Applauded Staley hire cuz he seemed to convey only thing that matters is winning. To win is to unleash Herbert validated last season. The role of the D is to shorten drives and maximize sacks & turnovers. Simply stated, D your job is to quickly hand the ball to Herbert. Staley’s comments post Chiefs loss is nothing more than HC blinked.

Now what HC Staley? I say Herbert is cleared to play & will play versus Jags, cuz Herbert understands his role & the moment.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

I trust Staley more than anyone else in the NFL. I'd prefer he be in charge of personnel as well. Look at all the talent brought in since he became coach. I'm sure he'll eventually get the offense where he wants it. The guy was a college QB after all. Some media are complaining because he hasn't been going for it on 4th down as much. I don't think those were bad decisions. This team hasn't been running the ball as well and defense has been playing really good.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
                        Staley needs to have an OC who can FULLY UTILIZE Herbert's talents.

Go Bolts!!!
                        Staley’s biggest mistake was recruiting Lombardi over Steichen.

This one huge blunder might be the reason Staley gets the axe.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yep^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                          X