• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Great post. I tried to answer from my opinions.... One question you did not ask is what does Staley bring from a tone/culture standpoint. On that one I give high marks for recognizing and speaking about Chargering and trying to do something about it. About playing to win not just to compete. And it looks like free agents flock to the Chargers and most say it is because of Staley.

TG
    I think I agree with most of your responses but I think we'll be in a better position to answer all this after a full year 2.

To be fair, I actually DO think the tackling looks better this year than in years past.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I think I agree with most of your responses but I think we'll be in a better position to answer all this after a full year 2.

To be fair, I actually DO think the tackling looks better this year than in years past.
      Maybe, watch SF tackling tonight. Well coached and motivated. DeMeco Ryans

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

You can be sure of one thing, this coming Sunday, Chubb and Hunt will put the tackling to a big test,

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You can be sure of one thing, this coming Sunday, Chubb and Hunt will put the tackling to a big test,
          Exactly, not much changed since Jax game. Texans were weaker team. In NFL there is that much you can win based on talent, to win more you need something extra, good coaching, vision, cheating .

I have overeacted after the Jax game but Texans game has not calmed me down.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Exactly, not much changed since Jax game. Texans were weaker team. In NFL there is that much you can win based on talent, to win more you need something extra, good coaching, vision, cheating .

I have overeacted after the Jax game but Texans game has not calmed me down.
            You've seen just how tough to tackle both Chubb and Hunt are right? I don't think anything short of a masterful gameplan is going to stop the Browns on Sunday. Get ready for high angle tackles by Kenneth Murray and dives at ankles by Drue Tranquil.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Chargers play SF on November 13. That is a frightening defense. As good as any I’ve seen. Stafford was sacked 7 times and pressured on most of his other pass attempts.

I hope Herbert is fully healed and can absorb some blows. Salyer will have to contain Nick Bosa.

And then our defense will have to cover Deebo. Too bad Joey won’t play. I’m sure the NFL thought that would be a great rivalry to showcase when this was planned.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Where was the SF defense against the Broncos? I mean they played well but they did not dominate or make up for the putrid offense. And Garropolo is still not right injury wise and always plays his best games against the Rams. He may be injured again and out by Nov 13. Samuel is just a beast and that defense has some totally dominating and downright scary players on it.
                TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

You've seen just how tough to tackle both Chubb and Hunt are right? I don't think anything short of a masterful gameplan is going to stop the Browns on Sunday. Get ready for high angle tackles by Kenneth Murray and dives at ankles by Drue Tranquil.
                  am not comfortable w/the either of Tranquil or Murray playing 100 percent of the snaps @LB.... would like to see 4 LBs out there a time or coupla few, as think it's not just tackling, but we might be much better served playing the all of Van Noy and Reeder, along w/the current duo of Tranquil and Murray.
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Chargers play SF on November 13. That is a frightening defense. As good as any I’ve seen. Stafford was sacked 7 times and pressured on most of his other pass attempts.

I hope Herbert is fully healed and can absorb some blows. Salyer will have to contain Nick Bosa.

And then our defense will have to cover Deebo. Too bad Joey won’t play. I’m sure the NFL thought that would be a great rivalry to showcase when this was planned.

The Rams OL is decimated. They were playing their third string center and back-up guards.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Rams OL is decimated. They were playing their third string center and back-up guards.
                      The dude the Rams miss more than any other is Andrew Whitworth.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The dude the Rams miss more than any other is Andrew Whitworth.
                        He's retired.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Browns fan, you are right. We should just forfeit, that way we do not run the risk of injuries.

Comment

Working...
                          X