• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Coach Staley did a great job of saying what should be incredibly obvious, but often not done well in team sports. He could have easily stepped into deep shit if he said something that someone could misconstrue.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Coach Staley did a great job of saying what should be incredibly obvious, but often not done well in team sports. He could have easily stepped into deep shit if he said something that someone could misconstrue.
      So true. And you can tell he’s speaking from the heart. He’s got no notes or PR folks feeding him lines. He’s just a genuinely good dude.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The “you know” bugged me a little when I was reading it.
        You know indeed.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If you ever had to give transcribed testimony and read it back to yourself afterwards, it is pretty humbling. We never sound as good as we think. And Staley was speaking from the heart and extemporaneously, so I give him a pass on the little annoying stuff. He seems like a great person.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Thanks. I was just going to post this.
            Agreed - when I first read the clip I was thinking, he did say "you know" a lot. and I hear, people say "umm" when speaking

but when you listen, he is trying to formulate thoughts so the "you knows" and "umms" help his thought process

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

I am of the opinion that removing filler words from transcipts is a good thing. Usually when people leave them in it makes me suspicious of the intent of the transcriber.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Here’s Staley talking about some of the reasons he went for it on 4th down. It was not considered a gamble to him.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Here’s some additional observations from Albert Breer:
                  How Buffalo's unselfishness is on display as the team keeps winning. Plus, the Chargers' situational awareness and more notes from Week 5.

• We focused plenty in the morning column on Chargers’ coach Brandon Staley’s propensity for going for it (don’t call it gambling!) on fourth down. But there was something else that really leapt off the screen to me late Sunday afternoon—and that’s just how aware the Chargers were situationally. It was Austin Ekeler’s sliding by the boundary after picking up eight yards to the Browns’ 3 on third-and-2 with less than two minutes left. And it’s what happened after that, too, with Cleveland out of timeouts. Go back and watch, and you’ll see how the Chargers’ tackling was picture-perfect, and how the players were focused on defending the sideline and getting guys to the ground before they could make it there. It was a clinic in fundamentals, a clinic in situational football and a pretty good indicator on how swiftly that staff has made an impact on the roster. “You hit it, I felt like our play at the end of the half too, when we fumbled and were able to get a really good stop on defense to force a field goal—that would've been a killer if they would've scored before the half, and we were able to hold them to three,” Staley told me postgame. “And I just felt like in the second half, we really played as a team, and I felt like specifically at the end of the game, both sides of the ball did what we had to do. We did what we had to do and finished the game playing our best. I think you're right about that.” Bottom line, if you look closely, it’s usually pretty easy to pick out the most well-coached teams in the league. I think the Chargers are now in that category.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

How Buffalo's unselfishness is on display as the team keeps winning. Plus, the Chargers' situational awareness and more notes from Week 5.

After the debacles of last season, reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

After the debacles of last season, reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
                      I'll play you a song.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

that hasn;t been said about a chargers football team for 15 years

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          Staley in a nutshell: "it’s a sacred mantle for someone to call you coach"

Man we are really blessed to have a good coach .

1. He is compassionate
                          2. He is fearless
                          3. He is honest
                          4. He is a strategist
                          5. He is sincere
                          6. He is a visionary
                          7. He is competitor
                          8. He is a motivator
                          9. He is a winner

Lastly this guy is a good person, I am proud that he is our coach

Much love to Coach Staley he is going take us to a Super Bowl and it is going to be sooner than any of us imagine

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍