• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The Chargers have become boring. I kind of hesitate to write this, but I am beginning to question Staley's creds as some sort of a wunderkind. Is this team better than it was at the end of last season? That team won four consecutive games to close out the season and Herbert was on fire. The Chargers are not going to grow a fan base in Los Angeles playing this kind of football. I'm more disappointed than anything. The team is underperforming, and that falls on coaching.
    I am not going jump off the Staley wagon yet

They are still Telescos players and he is a horrible below average GM

Though I thought the game plan today byStaley was terrible

But for this team to get better - they need to bleep can Telesco on his backside tomorrow

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

The Chargers have become boring. I kind of hesitate to write this, but I am beginning to question Staley's creds as some sort of a wunderkind. Is this team better than it was at the end of last season? That team won four consecutive games to close out the season and Herbert was on fire. The Chargers are not going to grow a fan base in Los Angeles playing this kind of football. I'm more disappointed than anything. The team is underperforming, and that falls on coaching.
      Give him a chance to correct things.

But yes, way too much fanfare up to now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not going jump off the Staley wagon yet

They are still Telescos players and he is a horrible below average GM

Though I thought the game plan today byStaley was terrible

But for this team to get better - they need to bleep can Telesco on his backside tomorrow
        I think the team is a bit soft. I think under Lynn with the emphasis on the run they were a bit tougher at least on offense. I do like our new group of receivers. Running backs. Not so much. I think it was time for Lynn to go though...team was stuck in a rut. Time will tell with Staley. Give him at least 3 years or so. There are no instant fixes in this league. We need to draft up some mean SOB's like marty had.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

I think the team is a bit soft. I think under Lynn with the emphasis on the run they were a bit tougher at least on offense. I do like our new group of receivers. Running backs. Not so much. I think it was time for Lynn to go though...team was stuck in a rut. Time will tell with Staley. Give him at least 3 years or so. There are no instant fixes in this league. We need to draft up some mean SOB's like marty had.
          Marty needed two seasons to sort things out; and then a solid free agency & a few immediate pieces in the draft.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Dunno how stayley will pan out. What I do know is he's another experiment in the long list of experiments the cheap ass Spanos clan chooses to put us through

Norv (proven loser)
            Mccoy (no HC experience)
            Lynn (basically no hc experience - interim coach)
            Staley (no hc experience)
            ​​​​​​
            Can we try something different for a change?

Since we won't be changing coaching staff anytime soon, can we at least get a new GM? The current one has been here long enough with mediocre results at best.

​​​​​​

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Opie on the clock

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Marty needed two seasons to sort things out; and then a solid free agency & a few immediate pieces in the draft.
                Ya but we have TT at the helm lol

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I still think Staley has a bright, bright future as a HC, but it wasn't realistic to think he wouldn't have some growing pains. I'm disappointed that our ST still aren't fixed. Our offensive coaching staff has had no answers for the 3 good D coordinators we faced 3 of the past 4 games, and we lost against all of them. Our run D is the worst in the entire league and has hurt us numerous times. Not all on Staley (injuries, lack of depth/talent at certain positions) but he is the HC and it ultimately is his responsibility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I still think Staley has a bright, bright future as a HC, but it wasn't realistic to think he wouldn't have some growing pains. I'm disappointed that our ST still aren't fixed. Our offensive coaching staff has had no answers for the 3 good D coordinators we faced 3 of the past 4 games, and we lost against all of them. Our run D is the worst in the entire league and has hurt us numerous times. Not all on Staley (injuries, lack of depth/talent at certain positions) but he is the HC and it ultimately is his responsibility.
                    Agree, I thought we would be better on defense but I can see we need more talent,....plus growing pains on both sides. Still need OL, RB, WR and IDL pass rusher and CB.

Hoping 2022 we canake a deep playoff run but not giving up on this year. Just not sure we go far. If we get injuries in certain places, it's curtains.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Los Angeles
                      • Send PM

Should have not let the team off till Wed and put in the work to practice. I feel like this team never does well when having too much time off.
                      Obviously other factors into the loss but just frustrating to watch.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

Too much of a 'players coach'. Needs to emphasize teaching, new schemes, and most importantly ACCOUNTABILITY. The slow decision on the kicker was an early indicator of a problem with BS's leadership. I was expecting a jump with a defense. Very disappointed. I also do not think he is using Bosa correctly.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Jesus Fucking Christ.
                          We are 9 games into Coach Staley’s career.
                          Give it a rest.
                          Are there things to be improved? Yes
                          Were you expect to go to the SuperBowl this year? Then you were ridiculous.
                          We are 1 or 2 more offseasons away from developing the new schemes, acquiring personnel for said schemes, developing existing personnel in said schemes, and implementing the championship caliber culture Staley is trying to install.

I’ll steal but pluralize Bill Maher’s quote “whinny little bitches!”

I’m upset we haven’t played well in 3 of our last 4 and I don’t think we’ve played a complete game yet this season.
                          It is too early in the season and definitely in Staley’s career to make preposterous assertions.
                          Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-15-2021, 09:04 PM. Reason: Spelling as normal
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂