• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomdutchy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2021
    • Send PM

Listened to Staley's press conference and it's like a Seinfeld episode. Says nothing and repeats it. Lombardi sucks while having maybe the best QB ever and look at our Special Teams. Yeah they are special because they take the short bus to the stadium.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ight-situation

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

downvote

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
        Listened to Staley's press conference and it's like a Seinfeld episode. Says nothing and repeats it. Lombardi sucks while having maybe the best QB ever and look at our Special Teams. Yeah they are special because they take the short bus to the stadium.

No, this did not need a new topic.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2022
          • Send PM

My problem with Staley is he's all talk. We gave him the benefit of the doubt because he came from the "Sean McVay" coaching tree...how many coaches from the Belichick coaching tree have done anything? The Bill Parcells is the only coaching tree I have seen work. Anyway...for me...after last year and going for it on 4th down on those situations...well that was pretty much it for me. I realized then he is some kind of idiot or something. I want an old school coach. The guy the Jaguars have...who won a Superbowl...well...that is a good example of coach picking. Same when the Chiefs picked up Andy Reid....I mean great coaches who just had some kind of falling out making them available.

How about Sean Payton. That would be a good proven hire. I am thinking Dallas already has him line up of their current guy does not make the playoffs this year.

But hey...they won't fire him this year. If the Bolts make the playoffs and are competitive there...then I can become a supporter again for sure...and no more crazy 4th down calls that cost us a game or playoffs anymore.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
            My problem with Staley is he's all talk. We gave him the benefit of the doubt because he came from the "Sean McVay" coaching tree...how many coaches from the Belichick coaching tree have done anything? The Bill Parcells is the only coaching tree I have seen work. Anyway...for me...after last year and going for it on 4th down on those situations...well that was pretty much it for me. I realized then he is some kind of idiot or something. I want an old school coach. The guy the Jaguars have...who won a Superbowl...well...that is a good example of coach picking. Same when the Chiefs picked up Andy Reid....I mean great coaches who just had some kind of falling out making them available.

How about Sean Payton. That would be a good proven hire. I am thinking Dallas already has him line up of their current guy does not make the playoffs this year.

But hey...they won't fire him this year. If the Bolts make the playoffs and are competitive there...then I can become a supporter again for sure...and no more crazy 4th down calls that cost us a game or playoffs anymore.
            Did you watch any of the first two games this year? He is being criticized for NOT going for it on fourth down…

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Sean Payton is not choosing the Chargers over the Cowboys if rumors about him are true. Staley imo is easily a Top 2 HC in division as the other 2 division HCs suck. I believe by years in he'll be talked about as one of the best HCs in the AFC
              Some of the things I noticed Staley has changed are our approach when it comes to injuries(some misfortune cant be avoaid tho) by not letting any key starters start in pre-season. We're also hosting more joint practices than we have ever before with the last 3 head coaches. Free-agency is more important than with previous regiemes. Trades being made that are for Stars and not bottom level depth. Oh and yes he is the best HC at the podium not named Mike Tomlin

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

Don’t all coaches do that?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

The way Staley has turned around the defense this year has earned him another year with the franchise, IMO.

Now let’s see what he can do to turnaround early hiccups on offense.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Did you watch any of the first two games this year? He is being criticized for NOT going for it on fourth down…
                    It's comical. It's kind of fun, we can gripe about it no matter what he does. Win the Super Bowl and we'll forgive everything!
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

No offense, but is the SB your only measure for success? It's hard to win a Super Bowl, let alone making it there. There are many good HCs who haven't won one.

I've seen things from Staley to make me believe he can lead the Chargers to a SB. I have confidence in him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                        Sean Payton is not choosing the Chargers over the Cowboys if rumors about him are true. Staley imo is easily a Top 2 HC in division as the other 2 division HCs suck. I believe by years in he'll be talked about as one of the best HCs in the AFC
                        Some of the things I noticed Staley has changed are our approach when it comes to injuries(some misfortune cant be avoaid tho) by not letting any key starters start in pre-season. We're also hosting more joint practices than we have ever before with the last 3 head coaches. Free-agency is more important than with previous regiemes. Trades being made that are for Stars and not bottom level depth. Oh and yes he is the best HC at the podium not named Mike Tomlin
                        Agree, however if he knows Jerry Jones, which he should, he also knows Jerrah is a shit GM who makes a mess of his teams with over paying players he shouldn't and bad drafting. That may have an effect on Paytron going there if he doesnt want a huge meddling owner. Thats why Parcells left.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Peyton was on the Parcells Dallas staff, right? He knows exactly what he is getting in to. When McCarthy gets fired, pretty sure Peyton becomes the next HC. And I bet Dallas still under achieves and is a team that makes the playoffs but doesn’t do much.
                          TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍