• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhilaBoltster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Go look at my board in the draft section.
    I watch college game tape 9-10 months a year.
    Wow, that’s impressive. I do not.

I started a thread on “who you would have drafted if you were GM” on the Draft forum... which no one has responded to yet ...makes me kinda sad... how about you list your picks there and a few years from now we can compare notes?

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Wow, that’s impressive. I do not.

I started a thread on “who you would have drafted if you were GM” on the Draft forum... which no one has responded to yet ...makes me kinda sad... how about you list your picks there and a few years from now we can compare notes?
      Since you asked I will do so.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

I have a feeling you are way off Dragonice.....Panama has been on this board and priors we came from for quite some time... Not quite sure why you went there....age discrimination is a real thing...young doesn't = stupid nor does older = wiser.

That said. We just have to take all this stuff with a grain of salt. Its opinion. Its subjective. I'm excited about pretty much all the picks the more I read. Were there other players that might be "better"? Maybe but we can't really say how they would do in what Staley and crew is planning. I think Palmer is going to be a nice surprise...his speed isn't bad at all and frankly Allen isn't all world fast and he gets the job done and has been a top 10 receiver in this league when he's healthy and he's not fast. I look forward to hearing about Palmer. I have a "feeling" McKitty wasn't used as a pass catching TE much but that based on tape I saw (brief mind you) he looked fluid catching balls and is a big dude and can play two TE roles....may not be Henry but he will be a different contributor and may just surprise with the new offense Staley will be building. I think we have 2-3 starters out of our litter and depth to develop that will get play time. We filled big apparent gaps, but we all don't really know what Staley has planned so maybe he feels we had an A+.... FA isn't done yet though.....our roster is still fluid and I expect dept to be brought in as team shed vets.

I think if we just look at the work done to date for our O, D and ST I can give my subjective opinion. O could have finally achieve a major change in this OL that with Slater's addition gives strength to our traditional bandaid OL....they might have the fix that could bring us back to the TOP offense when we went 12-4. D has had a lot of adjustment but the new scheme is completely unknown now with Staley taking over; we definitely have talent and I have hope Staley can do half what he did with the Rams last year to get us midpack. Our ST has had some injections of talent thru FA and Draft but so much relies on coaching at this point....lord I hope Badgely has been eating his wheaties or the new kid ...competition here. Overall we have things that seem pretty well addressed by our Draft picks and the FA changes. Our D can't really be much worse in how they lost games in the 4th quarter consistently. The O I have to believe will be improved with the OL and run game. 7-9 could see a swing upward if the stars align.

I never said Panama's post was stupid, nor the younger generation was stupid. All generations have their own merits...and all are unique. But most certainly there is a lot of grade inflation in today's educational system and it effects how younger people think. There are other reasons I can think of for someone giving an A+.... maybe they are a bit of a homer, perhaps they are ultra generous, or they are in a really, really good mood.
        :More Q Please:

...or...they are speaking within some unique frame-work or context...that a reader might miss. Sorry for any offense, all.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I never said Panama's post was stupid, nor the younger generation was stupid. All generations have their own merits...and all are unique. But most certainly there is a lot of grade inflation in today's educational system and it effects how younger people think. There are other reasons I can think of for someone giving an A+.... maybe they are a bit of a homer, perhaps they are ultra generous, or they are in a really, really good mood.
          :More Q Please:

...or...they are speaking within some unique frame-work or context...that a reader might miss. Sorry for any offense, all.
          All good. FYI I am 50, very well educated, born and raised in Ontario Canada. Have been living in Panama for 15 years. I have been a bolts fan since 1979 and I was the only bolts fan I know of in my hometown. Just some background... This is not an add for a singles sight !!!! Hahahhahaha.

As far as the draft goes, we'll see how this one worked out in a few years. I do believe that Staley had a focus on all three phases of the team as well as unique skill sets he was looking to improve vis-a-vis matchups. It is merely the first of what I hope is many drafts of which he's a part of for our team.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

When Telesco says he drafts players, not positions, I believe him now, just funny how they aligned in 1st and 2nd rds.
            :ygdr:

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              When Telesco says he drafts players, not positions, I believe him now, just funny how they aligned in 1st and 2nd rds.
              :ygdr:
              He is lying if that was true he would have picked jeremiah owusu koramoah in the 2nd round

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

He is lying if that was true he would have picked jeremiah owusu koramoah in the 2nd round
                That's kinda what Webb is gonna do drafted in the 7th. If he pans out he could be the steal of the draft.

:beer:

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's kinda what Webb is gonna do drafted in the 7th. If he pans out he could be the steal of the draft.

:beer:
                  Lets hope webb is a steal
                  but i think JOK was a steal in round 2
                  And after that trade up for asante samuel giving up our 4th
                  1 slater
                  2 JOK
                  3rd samuel
                  3rd palmer
                  5th rumph
                  6th jaimes
                  6th rountree
                  7th webb

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

Lets hope webb is a steal
                    but i think JOK was a steal in round 2
                    And after that trade up for asante samuel giving up our 4th
                    1 slater
                    2 JOK
                    3rd samuel
                    3rd palmer
                    5th rumph
                    6th jaimes
                    6th rountree
                    7th webb
                    We didn't trade up for asante. and asante would not have been there for out third round pick.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

It’s impossible not to let your positional need influence your draft. And nothing wrong with it, you have to build a team and shore up the weak links. They certainly weren’t going to take a QB or a SS in the first round, for example. Also drafting for position can also mean which positions are more impactful, such as CB > ILB, if you believe that to be the case (I do).

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We didn't trade up for asante. and asante would not have been there for out third round pick.
                        I mean after drafting JOK then make a trade up for asante samuel it would have been nice

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Did someone say Asante was #2 CB in the draft?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡