Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Did someone say Asante was #2 CB in the draft?
    Yes someone did something to the effect of Samuel was the #2 on most boards.
    Then offered only one where he was.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

I mean after drafting JOK then make a trade up for asante samuel it would have been nice
      What is the cost moving up from #77 to #48?

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.
          We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.
            I agree, must have been some other trait we don’t know about that knocked him out?

This may help a little, know it made me feel better -

Comment

Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider

sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.
                  I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol
                    Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

:beer:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

:beer:
                      Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......
                        It does when the pass is completed and they stay in bounds.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.
                          I agree. We truly dont have a clue what characteristics are being used on these potential draft picks to rank them. We dont get paid as professionals to do it either. Its subjective. We are armchair GMs. If you get the player you want you can argue it doesnt matter what round you get them in...we have been fed the structure for value but its not even agreed upon by coaches and GMs. It makes us feel better thinking we did great or poorly but how others ranked players but it means nothing now...we have players and where they were drafted I assure you doesnt matter to Staley. He just wants performance and buyin and who cares if the 6th rounder outperforms a 2nd rounder...its the wrong measurement as soon as they are drafted.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍