Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post
    Herbie and Keenan got connected really fast last year, Mike and Herbie started coming along later in the year. I love the crossing route MDub took to the house (and almost took the same play to the house another time)...Year two they are going to be tight and i expect MW's numbers to be much better. If he produces this year then maybe he is worthy of a new deal. Staley must see something he really likes in Dub and i am looking forward to what our WR's can accomplish in 2021. Go Bolts!
    I would be ok with franchising him for a year. I just wish he was a bit more consistent. This is a big year for MW. I hope he lights it up.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Did we need another thread for this?

This has been an ongoing topic by some for the past 2 years.
      Sorry....My bad... Hand slapped by the board patrol :shock:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers cannot cut him for cap space - his 15.7m is guaranteed

Now they can extend him and lower the cap number a bit . Corey Davis got 37.5/3. I am good giving Mike Williams (its not my money) like 54/4 to get him signed longer term. The fourth year is funny money as it is. Give Williams enough guarantees and spread it over 4 years.
        His cap hit won't go down this year. Like you said, his salary this year is guaranteed. He will make 15.7 mil this year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree with all of this. However, he doesn't always win on the 50-50 balls. He had one INT'd on him in the end zone last year, I believe it was the at Denver game. I wish we had a great YAC man. We haven't had that since T. Williams left. Maybe T. Johnson or J. Guyton become those guys. It doesn't look like YAC is Palmer's strong point either. He's more like MW, winning at the point of the catch.
          That's why they call them 50/50 balls. But MW is more like 70/30, maybe 75/25.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's why they call them 50/50 balls. But MW is more like 70/30, maybe 75/25.
            That is Mike Williams strong part of the game wining the 50/50 balls, but when is the last time you see him consistently bet the guy cleanly off the line of scrimmage that is why he is in a bunch of 50/50 balls situation. When Mike Williams does get separation more times than not it is off a double move where the QB assist with pump fake. Keenan Allen can do double moves and be wide open just based on him able to setup and sell the route. Mike Williams you want that guy for that 50/50 ball and down near the goal line hard to see them extending him after this season just one thousand yard season in 4 years he getting 14 mill this year he isn't going to come back for less, he may have a break out season but I wouldn't extend based on the previous production, his numbers should of shown gradual improvement year to year or steady good numbers his numbers are all over the place some result of injuries and other part is just him.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

The biggest thing hold Mike back is Keenan's health. Keenan is a vacuum cleaner out there.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Play 2021. Let's see what MW does for us.
                The OL & coaching staff is like going to a new team.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

his fate will be sealed in FA 2022.... Staley is clear on what his terms are.... you must provide (good) value,

will Mike be the best value @wideout for next season's SB fave ??
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

So is anyone going to post what MW was thinking? On the edge of my seat over here ...
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Mike Williams has to do a better job of getting himself open, and creating separation. He can win jump/contested balls. But how many other passes does he get? He just doesn't get that open, at least not enough.

If he can be moderately to very productive, then I think they can find a role for him to be brought back. But we had Guyton and Johnson last year, who were not a lot better than Williams in terms of consistency, but they were about the same. If the choice is between 2 rookie contract guys with speed (and upside) and a top draft choice on his 2nd contract, who is going to get the nod?

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

personally, won't be surprised if Tyron is our WR2 come 2022... JP WR3, KJ 4 & Guyton 5
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          personally, won't be surprised if Tyron is our WR2 come 2022... JP WR3, KJ 4 & Guyton 5
                          Quite a projection for an UDFA WR with 20 receptions.
                          Palmer and Guyton are both better blockers.
                          I like TJ. Here’s to him having a monster breakout year and making your assertion a reality
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂