Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think there are other position groups that are just as important, as wary of drafting based on premium positions and/or based on needs, and so.... would focus on positions that ensure we maximize our gifts in Herbert, i.e. WR, TE and RB, along w/OG if you move Feiler in @RT.

also would like me some ILB as Drue is not a starting LB in my makeup of choice.... also think our CHJ 2.0 is already on the roster w/ASJ.
    re: Edge, am guessing we get one in FA and then another via the draft.... ?? and, as always.... am always on the lookout for Dlinemen.

Corner * hard not to come away w/someone from this draft as like Josh Jobe, Coby Bryant and Derion Kendrick.... other names include Tre'Vius Hodges Tomlinson, Jack Jones, Derek Stingley and Martin Emerson.

RT * unless Evan Neal drops and falls in your lap, don't think Daniel Faalele is worth counting on, for the if and when you might draft him, as think the more likely move is to move Feiler to the other side of the line, from left to right.

Edge * personally like the likes of a Brenton Cox and/or Boye Mafe, along w/Zion Tupuola Fetui, if he for some reason comes out despite his injury, and would be looking @FA as well.

@OG Zion Johnson is the guy I'm looking @for starters.

don't have an RB yet, but do very much like the either of Garrett Wilson or George Pickens round one if they are still on the board, and not sure we'd have a shot @TE Cade Otton round two ??

have mentioned the Dlinemen I like, w/the likes of Zaach Pickens, Demetrius Taylor, Tuli Letligasenoa and/or Keenan Stewart.

got the one guy @LB in Palaie Gaoteote, and am keeping Kyle Hamilton in my cluster regardless that some think he's good enough to go one overall.

We have several prospects that overlap beach. I’m not for spending high draft capital on WRs though (3rd or after). We have a loaded WR room and not sure what we’ll do with MikeDub.

CB is a loaded deep position group. Stingley (LSU), Gardner (UC), Banks (OHST), McCollum (SHSU), Emerson (MSST), Elam (UFL), Young (RUT), Kendrick (CLEM), Bryant (UC)
    - THT is too slight, Jobe had 12 PI calls in 2020 alone.

OT group has some things to prove in 2022. Neal (BAMA), Munford (OHST), Walker (PSU), Green (TAMU), Kirkland (UWA), Lucas (WSU), Brown (WISC), Ryhan (UCLA), Cross (MSST), Faalele (UMN) is the wildcard

EDGE - Kayvon Thibodeaux (UO), George Karlaftis (PUR), Drake Jackson (USC), Zach Harrison (OHST), Boye Mafa (UMN), Brenton Cox (UFL), Myjai Sanders (UC), Aiden Hutchinson (MICH), Kingsley Enagbare (SC), DJ Coleman (JSU), Adam Anderson (UGA), Nick Bonito (OU)

IOL - JOHNSON (BC), Linderbaum (IOWA), Ekwonu (NCST), Patterson (ND), Parham (MEM), West (ASU), Schott (IOWA), Salyer (UGA)

TE is a day 2 priority for me. Kolar (ISU), Stogner (OU), Otton (UW), Mallory (UMIA), Wydermyer (TAMU), Turner (UNR), Ruckert (OHST), Barry (JSU), Ferguson (WISC)
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

CB is a loaded deep position group. Stingley (LSU), Gardner (UC), Banks (OHST), McCollum (SHSU), Emerson (MSST), Elam (UFL), Young (RUT), Kendrick (CLEM), Bryant (UC)
      - THT is too slight, Jobe had 12 PI calls in 2020 alone.
      Jobe is the kinda guy that you and some others might knock me off of a coupla few times over the draft season, and.... knowing me, will prolly stick w/him when all is said and done.... do like his physicality/intangibles and would like to add that to the mix, and.... if we can get some "value" w/him day two, then would be even better, albeit agreed, some 'Bama guys don't really pan out or more just hang out in the NFL without really becoming stalwarts, i.e. Tony Brown, a guy I was keen on years ago, and was actually an UDFA Charger, in the same class a Facyson.

have seen him as high as late first, which is good value if he comes into his own, and.... if his PIs continue and he drops to day three, might still be worth a gambit ??

as far as LTs nephew, agreed again that he might be too much of a risk, despite his talent, and given that we prolly don't need slight added to the mix in our DB room.

and re: your guy Zyon, isn't he similar to Jobe, in that he's physical, but lacks speed and ball skills (or has he overcome those perceptions) ?? and is he too tall, as the prototypical size there is the 5'11"/six foot guys ??

the other guy I'm watching is Coby Bryant, who like some others, might be better suited to a zone D, given that he lacks that high end/long speed that plenty of teams covet @corner ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

We have several prospects that overlap beach. I’m not for spending high draft capital on WRs though (3rd or after). We have a loaded WR room and not sure what we’ll do with MikeDub.
        would agree in principle as there are most oft a gem or coupla few still on the board come round three, albeit the same can be said for later in round one most drafts as well, and just my sense for this next year's draft, that we are well positioned/suited to consider wideout at the back of the first.

as mentioned before, don't want to take any chances w/Herbert and our SB window, and don't want a Keenan injury or a lack of development from the either of Tyron or Palmer to derail any of our upcoming seasons, and as have seen more than a coupla few SBs decided by a QB making a clutch throw to one of his receivers.

and not exactly sure who that guy is, but do know that the likes of a Garrett Wilson and/or George Pickens seem very enticing atm.

and re: MW, think the both of him and Guyton might well play themselves out of and beyond our salary range for them by the close of this season, and that given Palmer might well spell MW, we still will likely be looking for a Guyton replacement, and would just as soon go all in @that position given and considering what/who we have @QB.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

IOL - JOHNSON (BC), Linderbaum (IOWA), Ekwonu (NCST), Patterson (ND), Parham (MEM), West (ASU), Schott (IOWA), Salyer (UGA)
          and not gonna (re)sift thru the rest of your prospects quite yet, albeit do def like Zion for an OG, and like Linderbaum in the OC, and as.... the simulators kill me @this point in the season, as so many of the players listed/lost in never never land end up being day two guys, if not sneaking into the back of the first.... easy to get a really nice board w/the preseason draft simulators.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Jobe is the kinda guy that you and some others might knock me off of a coupla few times over the draft season, and.... knowing me, will prolly stick w/him when all is said and done.... do like his physicality/intangibles and would like to add that to the mix, and.... if we can get some "value" w/him day two, then would be even better, albeit agreed, some 'Bama guys don't really pan out or more just hang out in the NFL without really becoming stalwarts, i.e. Tony Brown, a guy I was keen on years ago, and was actually an UDFA Charger, in the same class a Facyson.

have seen him as high as late first, which is good value if he comes into his own, and.... if his PIs continue and he drops to day three, might still be worth a gambit ??

as far as LTs nephew, agreed again that he might be too much of a risk, despite his talent, and given that we prolly don't need slight added to the mix in our DB room.

and re: your guy Zyon, isn't he similar to Jobe, in that he's physical, but lacks speed and ball skills (or has he overcome those perceptions) ?? and is he too tall, as the prototypical size there is the 5'11"/six foot guys ??

the other guy I'm watching is Coby Bryant, who like some others, might be better suited to a zone D, given that he lacks that high end/long speed that plenty of teams covet @corner ??

I’m definitely a fan of both of UC’s CBs in Gardner and Bryant. I’d be happy to come away with either dude.

Zyon is a legit 4.4 prospect at 6’4”/200#. Insane instincts, physicality, ballskills, and toughness (played 2021 spring season with broken arm). Competition level is his big question mark. SHSU did win the 2020/2021 FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Jobe and THT just have red flags for me. Jobe can make a jump up my board with a great 2021 season.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

would agree in principle as there are most oft a gem or coupla few still on the board come round three, albeit the same can be said for later in round one most drafts as well, and just my sense for this next year's draft, that we are well positioned/suited to consider wideout at the back of the first.

as mentioned before, don't want to take any chances w/Herbert and our SB window, and don't want a Keenan injury or a lack of development from the either of Tyron or Palmer to derail any of our upcoming seasons, and as have seen more than a coupla few SBs decided by a QB making a clutch throw to one of his receivers.

and not exactly sure who that guy is, but do know that the likes of a Garrett Wilson and/or George Pickens seem very enticing atm.

and re: MW, think the both of him and Guyton might well play themselves out of and beyond our salary range for them by the close of this season, and that given Palmer might well spell MW, we still will likely be looking for a Guyton replacement, and would just as soon go all in @that position given and considering what/who we have @QB.
              What do you think of Treylon Burns (UAR) and Drake London (USC)? If Pickens (UGA) is healthy I’d put him up with these two in my early draft a WR too high cluster.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Karlaftis would be most likely option available too where Chargers slotted in 2022 Draft. I’d be good with that.
                On to 2nd rd. Like to go RB myself.
                • Zonovan Knight, N.C. State (Junior)

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

On to 2nd rd. Like to go RB myself.
                  • Zonovan Knight, N.C. State (Junior)
                  “Good” Knight is a top 5 RB prospect.
                  EXCELLENT vision, contact balance, burst, power (breaks tkls), cutting ability, and ball security. Looking to see him improve in both passpro and receiving opportunities in 2021. Day 2 prospect.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

“Good” Knight is a top 5 RB prospect.
                    EXCELLENT vision, contact balance, burst, power (breaks tkls), cutting ability, and ball security. Looking to see him improve in both passpro and receiving opportunities in 2021. Day 2 prospect.
                    Looks like he could be a bell cow if he polishes all his tools. Could last until Chargers selection late in the 2nd rd.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

My way way too early mock before I close the scouting book for a couple months….

1) GEORGE KARLAFTIS (DE/DT) - PUR - 6’4” / 275# - JR
                      2) AHMAD GARDNER (PCB) - UC - 6’2” / 188# - JR
                      3) ZONOVAN KNIGHT (RB) - NCST - 5’11” / 210# - JR
                      4) OCHAUN MATHIS (EDGE) - TCU - 6’5” / 247# - RJR
                      5) BEN BROWN (IOL) - UMS - 6’5” / 315# - RSR
                      6A) ZYON MCCOLLUM (DB) - SHSU - 6’4” / 195# - RSR
                      6B) WILL MALLORY (TE) - UMIA - 6’5” / 245# - SR
                      6C) D.J. DAVIDSON (IDL) - ASU - 6’5” / 320# - RSR
                      6D) TREVOR PENNING (OT) - UNI - 6’7” / 321# - RSR
                      7A) ELIJAH COOKS (WR) - UNR - 6’4” / 215# - RSR
                      7B) TRE SWILLING (DB) - GT - 6’ / 196# - RSR

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Personally, I’m looking for a repeat of this years draft next year but probably in reverse. CB, OT in the first two rounds. And always looking for pass rush early if somebody falls to you.
                        I’m gonna have to agree with you there.

We’re gonna see what a difference it makes to have a legit blue chip LT in Slater. Bulaga will be gone and not sure Pipkins is the answer at RT. Look for TT to upgrade to a polished technician like Slater on the right side.

I think we’re gonna find that Asante is a very good corner, but his highest calling is in the slot. He’ll be our Troy Hill. We won’t resign CHJ so Asante will fill that position. The last 2 years have been WR drafts, but 2022 will be the year of the CB. We can nab a starter in the 2nd or 3rd, easy.

However, A lot depends on Nwosu. Is he the answer opposite Bosa? Will we re-sign him? If not, it’ll be very tempting to get an edge in R1-2.

So basically, RT, CB, EDGE at 1, 2, 3.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I’m gonna have to agree with you there.

We’re gonna see what a difference it makes to have a legit blue chip LT in Slater. Bulaga will be gone and not sure Pipkins is the answer at RT. Look for TT to upgrade to a polished technician like Slater on the right side.

I think we’re gonna find that Asante is a very good corner, but his highest calling is in the slot. He’ll be our Troy Hill. We won’t resign CHJ so Asante will fill that position. The last 2 years have been WR drafts, but 2022 will be the year of the CB. We can nab a starter in the 2nd or 3rd, easy.

However, A lot depends on Nwosu. Is he the answer opposite Bosa? Will we re-sign him? If not, it’ll be very tempting to get an edge in R1-2.

So basically, RT, CB, EDGE at 1, 2, 3.
                          I think we’ll retain either Nwosu or Fackrell then invest another pick (2) on an EDGE prospect. Where in the draft? I have no clue as if I ever do. I really like Karlaftis as a dominant position flexible EDGE combo base 4T/5T. George has the size/skillset/motor to be a force inside and outside. He should be a top 10 prospect. Mathis should be a day 2 prospect. If they both show solid ascending play.

OT is a question for me. We have Bulaga on an affordable contract if he performs well. Is Pipkins in year 3 getting his game up to Starter level mentally and physically? He’s a player I’ll be watching this preseason. He should get quite a few snaps. I do hope we invest 2-3 draft picks on the OL in 2022. Keep adding young talent to the group.

I agree that Asante will play .05 but I think he can be a man-follow matchup defender when he has time to develop.
                          I’d like to see us invest another 2-3 draft picks on our DB group.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X