• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Exactly, he was gassed. May not be an every down player. He won't get to us anyways. We gonna be picking in the playoffs spots which starts where,.. 25?
    If Davis only plays 1st and 2nd downs + obvious run situations, then he’d have a major positive impact on this team. It’s not just his size, it’s what he can do at his size. They don’t make too many like him.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      If Davis only plays 1st and 2nd downs + obvious run situations, then he’d have a major positive impact on this team. It’s not just his size, it’s what he can do at his size. They don’t make too many like him.
      Right on. It's HOF Giants GM George Young's 'planet theory'.

I subscribe too it.

The Planet Theory: Since there are only so many people on the planet with the size and quickness to succeed on the offensive and defensive lines in the NFL, you have to take those players early in the draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

taking a closer look @the roster/depth chart, think this draft is going to be a real litmus test for this FO.

are we gonna take the cheese and go skill position players early, and CB, RB and/or the like ??

or do we stick to what has raised the bar of late, which is to go OL, DL early ?? !!
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          taking a closer look @the roster/depth chart, think this draft is going to be a real litmus test for this FO.

are we gonna take the cheese and go skill position players early, and CB, RB and/or the like ??

or do we stick to what has raised the bar of late, which is to go OL, DL early ?? !!
          Depends on free agency. We will be pretty active id guess this year. Id guess we Sign 1 or 2 DL's , maybe a RB, CB, TE.

My guess is we draft a RT. Plenty of them i like early. Edge is a pretty good group as well and CB.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Matt Araiza is a unanimous All-American, 2nd Aztec with that distinction after Marshall Faulk. I think he's worth a 3rd, myself, hope he's available to the Chargers.

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I think comparing CB and RB is a mistake. One of those is a premium position and one of them is a dime a dozen. I won't be upset if the Bolts go CB early in the draft, if we take a RB I will be buying a new television after I throw something at mine.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think comparing CB and RB is a mistake. One of those is a premium position and one of them is a dime a dozen. I won't be upset if the Bolts go CB early in the draft, if we take a RB I will be buying a new television after I throw something at mine.
                Good RB's can be had in middle and late rounds...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

The Deion/Travis Hunter story is hilarious. I think it could screw the kids chance in the NFL. Huge risk for 1M. Blows of FSU who produces solid DB talent for Jackson State? Risky.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
                    The Deion/Travis Hunter story is hilarious. I think it could screw the kids chance in the NFL. Huge risk for 1M. Blows of FSU who produces solid DB talent for Jackson State? Risky.
                    Apparently, the lure of being mentored by Sanders, one of the top corners in NFL history, was too much to pass up for Hunter, also a CB:

Deion Sanders swipes nations top recruit, Travis Hunter, from Florida State

Deion Sanders promised a big surprise, and he appears to have delivered.

Travis Hunter, a running back/cornerback and the top-ranked recruit in the country according to Rivals, was previously committed to Sanders' alma mater, Florida State. However, Hunter has flipped his commitment to Jackson State, the Mississippi HBCU where Sanders is head coach.

The speculation that something wild could be up began Tuesday night when Sanders appeared on Barstool Sports' "Unnecessary Roughness" show. It's official. Travis Hunter, the nation's top overall CFB recruit, will be heading to Jackson State.

"Let me tell you guys this, Sanders said. "Signing Day is (Wednesday). I'm going on record to tell you guys we're gonna shock the country. I'm telling you right now. You heard it from me. We re gonna shock the country."

Luring the top recruit in the country certainly qualifies as a shock.

Buzz had been picking up throughout Wednesday morning. The live Signing Day show on 247 the college sports site that CBS acquired in 2015 reported that Hunter had scrubbed his social media pages of references to Florida State. They said that one source in Georgia, where Hunter is from, predicted Sanders had flipped him to Jackson State.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/15/signin...florida-state/
                    Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-15-2021, 04:11 PM. Reason: Edited for readabilty

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Definitely risky. Not sure that it’ll blow the kid’s NFL chances, though.

Oddly enough, a lot depends on De’Jahn Warren.

Last year Deion lured De’Jahn Warren, who was the top JC player—also a DB. I believe Warren is entering the draft. If the kid shows some skills in the NFL, it will bode well for Hunter.

Kinda like how Spencer Brown’s success with the Bills bodes well for Trevor Penning.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Not blow his chances to play in the NFL. But i think there is something to be said about the competition you face. But Deion mentoring is a huge deal. But im not sure its enough.

If im his dad....im begging him to go to FSU and face better comp.

My 2 cents

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Not blow his chances to play in the NFL. But i think there is something to be said about the competition you face. But Deion mentoring is a huge deal. But im not sure its enough.

If im his dad....im begging him to go to FSU and face better comp.

My 2 cents
                          Couldn’t agree more.

Maybe Prime’s telling the kid that he’ll be coaching the Noles in a year anyway, and that he’ll take him along and plug him as CB1.

Comment

Working...
                          X