• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Nwosu has no moves. He’s a straight bull rusher but there’s lots of OL bulls in the NfL
    really? I saw him more as a speed rusher to bend around the end, not bull rush.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

really? I saw him more as a speed rusher to bend around the end, not bull rush.
      Maybe his new coach will teach him a move?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I agree with the Charger Brother who posted if the Chargers wanted Mel back they would have signed him by now. And the former captain point is a good one. New team, new tone, don’t want anyone messing with that. And a vocal guy like Ingram coming back but doing it late after all the culture and pecking order has been established is not a winner. I think this has less to do with his ability than the intangibles. He and Houston are very similar players at this point, so maybe if they feel the need, they add Houston late?

BTW, always liked Melvin and thought he was a very good (not elite) player who gave it his all and was a complete player when he was on the field. But probably won’t ever be a Charger again.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Nwosu has no moves. He’s a straight bull rusher but there’s lots of OL bulls in the NfL
          He has speed and power and does have moves, Jam. He just doesn’t (didn’t?) see the field much. Cannot figure out why, but then I don’t know why Parham got so few opportunities or Joe Reed or Stephen Anderson or why Jenkins was considered an all pro safety by the former staff. Maybe the Gus defense asked him to do more in space than he is good at off the ball or maybe he was undersized for the stupid LEO position?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I agree with the Charger Brother who posted if the Chargers wanted Mel back they would have signed him by now. And the former captain point is a good one. New team, new tone, don’t want anyone messing with that. And a vocal guy like Ingram coming back but doing it late after all the culture and pecking order has been established is not a winner. I think this has less to do with his ability than the intangibles. He and Houston are very similar players at this point, so maybe if they feel the need, they add Houston late?

BTW, always liked Melvin and thought he was a very good (not elite) player who gave it his all and was a complete player when he was on the field. But probably won’t ever be a Charger again.

TG
            And here's another version. Melvin Ingram still wants to shop around, especially with teams freeing up cap room with June 1st cuts.

LAC can wait it all out, a tentative role is already set up with this veteran player.

Stunts with Joey...coming soon.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
            X