POLL: The Most OVER-HYPED "Steal" Rookie Who Didn't Do Squat???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
    I remember when Dylan Cantrell was thought of as a good prospect. One of those hidden gems. He turned out to be Dylan CANTrell.
    LOL...good one, Powder! If CANTrell was still with us, I'd add that one to the Bolt Nickname Thread...

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

CANTrell hahaha
      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

LOL. Dredging the sewage of the '13 collegiate class for valuable resources was an engineering challenge that would have flustered Elon Musk. Again, that class is derided, memed and laughed about to this day.

Considering the duds the league was forced to pick over, TT crushed it, scoring:
        - A receiver who's still contributing all-pro results 7 years later. (63 career AV and counting)
        - A tackle who posted very solid PFF scores his first 3 years...before injuries took their toll (49 career AV)
        -A very mediocre linebacker (Te'O) who still managed to out-produce half of the players in the first round (22 career AV)
        -A 5th round special teams performer who lasted 3 years in the league

Your thought processing here needs vitamins. I suggest VitD...or 20 minutes sunlight daily. But on this last bit...I'm playing (a little). :beer:
        Fluker and Te'o sucked. There really is no other discussion to be had there. Te'o was also injured in addition to sucking. Fluker was an awful OT. They were not the worst busts ever, but that term I used previously of "medium bust" definitely applies to both of them.

Fluker has not earned more than $3M in any season since leaving the Chargers. Te'o has not earned more than $2.5M in any season after his time with the Chargers. I think that pretty much says what the league thought of those two players. Those are reserve dollar levels for first and second round picks. B-U-S-T.

Te'o was not anywhere close to a solid 2nd round pick like Hunter Henry. Fluker was not anything close to a solid 1st round pick like Mike Williams. In fact, Fluker was closer to Jerry Tillery--a player that occasionally made a good play, but often sucked. And here I am just talking about solid value, not good or great value.

Steve Williams always looked like he had potential given his speed, but he did nothing. His contribution was less than that of other 5th round picks in the Telesco era--King, Emanuel and even Quessenberry all have made more of a contribution.

As I have stated, we ended up with one good player from that draft and that can never be an A+.

If you want to see a good first three rounds, look at DET's draft in 2013. They drafted Ansah, Slay and Warford--2 3x Pro Bowlers and another good Pro Bowler. That is an example of crushing the draft in the first three rounds. By contrast, getting one great player and crap is not. Green Bay also drafted three Pro Bowl players in that draft including 2 on Day 3. A number of other teams also did better than we did in 2013. We did not have a top 10 draft that season.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I'm surprised that no one has even mentioned Ryan Leaf! Boy wasn't he overhyped. LOL! Maybe we should just have the top 5 charger rookie duds.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
            I'm surprised that no one has even mentioned Ryan Leaf! Boy wasn't he overhyped. LOL! Maybe we should just have the top 5 charger rookie duds.
            I don’t think he was a steal. We drafted him pretty high no. 2 in the first round. If we’re discussing biggest bust then yes he was overqualified.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍