How about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_JEpMO_MM

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

1. Team health
      2. HC Staley & staff a raging success.

**DJ is a generational talent. So's Herbert.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        1. Team health
        2. HC Staley & staff a raging success.

**DJ is a generational talent. So's Herbert.
        More than anything, health and coaching count.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Herbert healthy
          Interior defensive line develops a starter
          Bosa healthy
          Derwin James healthy

Comment

• Flanker7
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2021
            • Send PM

1. Team overall health to improve this year. Key players such as Bosa, James,... to be available for 14+ games
            2. No regression for Herbert in his 2nd year and in a new offense
            3. The new coaching staff to get on a good early start with W's to build confidence and trust
            4. The offense to score 20+ points and win time-of-possession per game, and the defense to hold

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              On offense, a real LT and a very good 2nd RB
              On defense, D. James on the field and K. White or U. Nwosu impressive
              think the last one mentioned is def of import, as not sure we are going to be overly impactful opposite Bosa ??

think Fackrell is more of an all around talent than somebody who's gonna shiver any QBs timbers, and Rumph is likely to have a steep learning curve. and isn't White more of an off ball LB than an edge rusher, and not sure that Nwosu hasn't already shown out/what he's got, which again is prolly a bit short of what we need/desire opposite Joey ??

....guessin' Edge will be a big/large priority come next year's draft.

and besides missing Melvin, think we're gonna miss what Denzel brought, which was a solid, hard hitting presence in the middle, and whom was much better in coverage than peoples gave him credit for.... when your scheme leaves you one on one w/a TE/RB deep over the middle, and your pass rush doesn't get there, think most ILBs are gonna be left exposed ??

really liked Zaven Collins in last year's draft and really like Palaei Gaoteote IV in next year's draft, as think we're expecting too much from K9 and are overrating the skill set of Tranquill some.

also think we're vulnerable w/Linsley (injury wise) in the middle, as Qberry isn't too bad of a backup, albeit if we get deeper into the playoffs, he might be exposed against the likes of a Vita Vea or the like.

the other soft spot in the roster me thinx is still @CB, as think we're gonna miss Hayward back there, and.... not that I don't like Facyson, cuz eye do, and not that I don't think that Mike D. can't play, cuz he can, it's just that we had a major injury (or two) back there last year, and just think the DB group is a man or two short to start with, and given we suffer most any injury of any sort and for most any duration of time, that could cost us a win or a coupla few (remember Cletis Gordon against Pitt.... it don't take much to spring a leak, 'specially come playoffs, and/or games that matter).

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think the last one mentioned is def of import, as not sure we are going to be overly impactful opposite Bosa ??

think Fackrell is more of an all around talent than somebody who's gonna shiver any QBs timbers, and Rumph is likely to have a steep learning curve. and isn't White more of an off ball LB than an edge rusher, and not sure that Nwosu hasn't already shown out/what he's got, which again is prolly a bit short of what we need/desire opposite Joey ??

and besides missing Melvin, think we're gonna miss what Denzel brought, which was a solid, hard hitting presence in the middle, and whom was much better in coverage than peoples gave him credit for.... when your scheme leaves you one on one w/a TE/RB deep over the middle, and your pass rush doesn't get there, think most ILBs are gonna be left exposed ??

really liked Zaven Collins in last year's draft and really like Palaei Gaoteote IV in next year's draft, as think we're expecting too much from K9 and are overrating the skill set of Tranquill some.

also think we're vulnerable w/Linsley (injury wise) in the middle, as Qberry isn't too bad of a backup, albeit if we get deeper into the playoffs, he might be exposed against the likes of a Vita Vea or the like.

the other soft spot in the roster me thinx is still @CB, as think we're gonna miss Hayward back there, and.... not that I don't like Facyson, cuz eye do, and not that I don't think that Mike D. can't play, cuz he can, it's just that we had a major injury (or two) back there last year, and just think the DB group is a man or two short to start with, and given we suffer most any injury of any sort and for most any duration of time, that could cost us a win or a coupla few (remember Cletis Gordon against Pitt.... it don't take much to spring a leak, 'specially come playoffs, and/or games that matter).
                Yep...Edge is a big need...Houston, we have a problem...

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

On teh subject of keys. Reminds me of the lines from Slapshot.

Steve Hanson "I got hit in the face w an object I don't know. A key chain. You know car keys ,house keys "
                  Ned Braden " Keys to the camper?"

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

We don't know a lot about the '21 LAC. How will they be used specifically? We know position assignments in most cases but not a lot more.
                    Staley says there will be a lot of personell packages and variations.
                    For example Bosa may drop in coverage, rush from wide, rush any int gap or set the edge. On the same play there may be a DT stunt, straight up DT rush, a not-Bosa OLB rush, ILB or DB blitz or any combination of the above.
                    Ir's hard to pinpoint shortages just looking at names on paper without having seen this team play.

It's a rock solid lock that HC Staley's team will not play like the '20 LAC on the field. Too many differences in personnel, coaching and game theory.
                    All that BS aside, the offense looks well stocked.
                    D ? I hate to make assumptions on Staley's turf but agree a FA DB might be a good idea. I like Sherman if it's reasonable.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Linsley's injury history isn't all that bad:

lindsley.JPG

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Reminds me a guy who told me that the Chargers will be in trouble if LT get out.
                        M. Turner was waiting for the job and he did it against IND.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍