Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post
    It's really hard not to love what we have in Herbert, and a rebuilt offensive line. James is back, Tranquil is back. Everyone seems healthy! A new coach always brings optimism.

But, I also have Chargers football PTSD or something, too many times I've gone in full of sunshine and lollipops and come out the other side beaten to a pulp. So, I have a hard time being optimistic about what the season will bring anymore. I keep waiting to see who is gonna get injured, and when are Staley's coaching faults going come to the fore etc. I'll be ecstatic if everything comes together, don't get me wrong. But, I find hope very difficult.

<insert Debbie Downer gif here>
    I KNOW! I keep thinking Im setting myself up for a big let down. But what I saw from JH was nothing short of spectacular especially with that D2 caliber O line.

Think about Lombardi. The limitless options on exposing defenses. 3 excellent pass catching RB's, and probably the deepest WR corps in the NFL.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      Here are my reasons for saying ‘yes’:

1. Brandon Staley - His energy is infectious. His positivity and love for his players reminds me of Dick Vermeil—but Staley’s got 3X the football IQ. Really want to see his scheme in action, especially with DJ and K9.

2. Improved OL - Seems like I’ve been waiting forever for this. The last time I felt this good about our OL was when we had Goff, Dielman, McNeill, and Hardwick. I’m very hopeful for Slater; seems like a true pro.

3. Derwin James - Such a difference maker. And like Staley, he’s got that infectious positive attitude. We are a different D with him out there. Makes everyone around him better.

4. JH10 - Don’t get me wrong, I liked Rivers, but sometime his blood ran a little too hot, which got him into trouble. JH10 seems to have that ice water in his veins. When all’s said and done, I think Herbie’s gonna be the all-time Chargers QB. And that’s saying a lot.
      Vermeil is a really good comparison. Although I don't see Staley breaking down and crying all the time. But a really good one, BoltDude.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

More than ANY other year? Any of the the Coryell years? Any of the 2000’s early AJ years? I can’t say the euphoria has eclipsed all prior years in the history of my Chargerdom … no.

you guys are pretty giddy. Like the energy - go get em!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

1. Brandon Staley - His energy is infectious. His positivity and love for his players reminds me of Dick Vermeil—but Staley’s got 3X the football IQ. Really want to see his scheme in action, especially with DJ and K9.

2. Improved OL - Seems like I’ve been waiting forever for this. The last time I felt this good about our OL was when we had Goff, Dielman, McNeill, and Hardwick. I’m very hopeful for Slater; seems like a true pro.

3. Derwin James - Such a difference maker. And like Staley, he’s got that infectious positive attitude. We are a different D with him out there. Makes everyone around him better.

4. JH10 - Don’t get me wrong, I liked Rivers, but sometime his blood ran a little too hot, which got him into trouble. JH10 seems to have that ice water in his veins. When all’s said and done, I think Herbie’s gonna be the all-time Chargers QB. And that’s saying a lot.
          very nice roundup of 4 critical key points towards Charger success

#3 is a very real concern for me. I'm talking about his health and staying on the field. 2016 Meniscus tear to his knee, again in 2020 and in between stress fracture of his right foot in 2019.

We are all hoping for the best not only for Chargers but most definitely for Derwin James personally, he means soooo much to everybody and his teammates. However, Telesco needs to face the reality and facts of situation and realize he must address bpa depth as replacement now before training camp. Cap space is not an issue, James health is. I've been stewing on this since free agency opened and think its time to make a move. Bring in Richard Sherman. I'm hoping of course for strictly complimentary purposes but depth in secondary is just too thin for my liking, paired with injury history, time TT to pull that trigger. Great fit for Staley defense, despite wear and tear and his own injury risks ( 2017 tore his right Achilles' tendon then subsequently had bone spurs removed in the offseason 2018 and calf injury 2020) which maybe holding back other teams as well checking out his medicals..... but if your going to roll with James, in his contract year, might as well be a bit of gambler, the rewards outweigh the risks.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            More than ANY other year? Any of the the Coryell years? Any of the 2000’s early AJ years? I can’t say the euphoria has eclipsed all prior years in the history of my Chargerdom … no.

1979 to 1982
            2004 to 2009

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

This is the best I've felt about a new season since they hired Marty. I have high hopes!
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Every time I get excited shit goes bad so fuck that. I was on cruise control the last couple years until Justin showed up.

I want a ring. Bad.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

12 wins minimum.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

I voted "NO". We were clear Super Bowl contenders from 1979-1982 and from 2006-2010. Maybe one could say that in the first year of those runs, we did not know what we had, but the 1978 team won 7 of its last 8 games to finish 9-7 and the 2005 massively underperformed beginning with Brees, so there was also reason for excitement heading into 2006.

And while there is a buzz and excitement entering the season this year to see what we have with better coaching and OL personnel plus injured players returning, I cannot say that that excitement is more than excitement and anticipation leading into the seasons that I described above when we were a known Super Bowl contender.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

"Giddy". Guilty... Watching the 16 minute Herbert highlights from last year with that pathetic O'line about 15 times. Just envisioning this completely reworked line. Derwin potentially back finally. New young aggressive coaching staff. It feels kind of good to be giddy for once.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        This is the best I've felt about a new season since they hired Marty. I have high hopes!
                        I'm Feelin Good Vibrations....LOL!

:thumbsup:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Correct... PR had too much hot blood in him...

Comment

Working...
                          X