• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I watch that video and can't think of anyone that could be more of a polar opposite to the last couple of coaches we had.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

Staley will be a great head coach, once in a generation type, but there will be some growing paints. Up to this point, I have only questioned the pick of Joe Lombardi as offensive coordinator on his staff, but who knows, maybe Joe can redeem himself from his lackluster past as play caller as Brian Daboll did last year. Perhaps, we can perch him up in the booth ala Daboll to get max efficacy, haha.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You are right...we fans will need to be patient. No matter how great the head coach may be, a team that is installing a completely new defense, offense, special teams is not going to be a finished product for a few games. There are going to be mistakes and things might even look bleak at times early on. But I am pretty confident they will get better if Staley is strong enough to weather the storm.

Continuity did not lead to greatness here so ownership has blown the whole thing up like we wanted.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          You are right...we fans will need to be patient. No matter how great the head coach may be, a team that is installing a completely new defense, offense, special teams is not going to be a finished product for a few games. There are going to be mistakes and things might even look bleak at times early on. But I am pretty confident they will get better if Staley is strong enough to weather the storm.

Continuity did not lead to greatness here so ownership has blown the whole thing up like we wanted.

TG
          No we do not need to be patient.
          We have young star QB on rookie deal, window is open now.

If I would need to take bold statement TT will be out after this or next season and BS take HC and GM position.

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
            Staley will be a great head coach, once in a generation type, but there will be some growing paints. Up to this point, I have only questioned the pick of Joe Lombardi as offensive coordinator on his staff, but who knows, maybe Joe can redeem himself from his lackluster past as play caller as Brian Daboll did last year. Perhaps, we can perch him up in the booth ala Daboll to get max efficacy, haha.
            Lombardi calls plays from the booth.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Saying he'll be a "once in a generation" HC is just a bit overboard for a guy that hasn't had his first game as a HC yet.

I observed many unforced penalties in these preseason games. I sure hope he can put a stop to that when the regulars play.

Like every Charger fan, I hope you're right but I'll keep his crown on the closet shelf until he demonstrates that it fits him.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Absolutely loved what Staley said about Herbert learning a new system yet again and how practices are going to be. Watched that part three times. Also watch Staley’s presser from today. He is an extremely impressive leader. That cannot be denied.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

The victory brisket for all the players is very wholesome…and sneakily Pavlovian.

It’s good to see our bio-major star QB applying his education.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      The victory brisket for all the players is very wholesome…and sneakily Pavlovian.

It’s good to see our bio-major star QB applying his education.
                      make them want more of it...you win you get more! make them hungry for the win. GENIUS!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          Great episode. Derwin is really something special. I think in a few more games this D will be a lot better, just having some growing pains now but they are still playing well. Holding Dallas to 20 points is better than most of us thought it was going to be before that game started.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍