Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatmiser
    replied
    Absolutely loved what Staley said about Herbert learning a new system yet again and how practices are going to be. Watched that part three times. Also watch Staley’s presser from today. He is an extremely impressive leader. That cannot be denied.

TG

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
    Staley will be a great head coach, once in a generation type, but there will be some growing paints. Up to this point, I have only questioned the pick of Joe Lombardi as offensive coordinator on his staff, but who knows, maybe Joe can redeem himself from his lackluster past as play caller as Brian Daboll did last year. Perhaps, we can perch him up in the booth ala Daboll to get max efficacy, haha.
    Staley will be a great head coach, once in a generation type, but there will be some growing paints. Up to this point, I have only questioned the pick of Joe Lombardi as offensive coordinator on his staff, but who knows, maybe Joe can redeem himself from his lackluster past as play caller as Brian Daboll did last year. Perhaps, we can perch him up in the booth ala Daboll to get max efficacy, haha.
    Saying he'll be a "once in a generation" HC is just a bit overboard for a guy that hasn't had his first game as a HC yet.

I observed many unforced penalties in these preseason games. I sure hope he can put a stop to that when the regulars play.

Like every Charger fan, I hope you're right but I'll keep his crown on the closet shelf until he demonstrates that it fits him.

Leave a comment:

• SBbound
    replied
    Lombardi calls plays from the booth.

Leave a comment:

• Eurobolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    You are right...we fans will need to be patient. No matter how great the head coach may be, a team that is installing a completely new defense, offense, special teams is not going to be a finished product for a few games. There are going to be mistakes and things might even look bleak at times early on. But I am pretty confident they will get better if Staley is strong enough to weather the storm.

Continuity did not lead to greatness here so ownership has blown the whole thing up like we wanted.

TG
    No we do not need to be patient.
    We have young star QB on rookie deal, window is open now.

If I would need to take bold statement TT will be out after this or next season and BS take HC and GM position.

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    You are right...we fans will need to be patient. No matter how great the head coach may be, a team that is installing a completely new defense, offense, special teams is not going to be a finished product for a few games. There are going to be mistakes and things might even look bleak at times early on. But I am pretty confident they will get better if Staley is strong enough to weather the storm.

Continuity did not lead to greatness here so ownership has blown the whole thing up like we wanted.

TG

Leave a comment:

• jaguarmanftype
    replied

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    I watch that video and can't think of anyone that could be more of a polar opposite to the last couple of coaches we had.

Leave a comment:

• BayAreaBoltz
    replied
    This fires me up. Which I needed after seeing our team has no depth and our special teams is basically the same as prior years.

So I'll hold on to this.

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    THe Chargers’ media staff is just awesome. They do a terrific job with this stuff. I think we all like Staley and like him more after that video. I am such a geek I froze my screen to read that chart that Popper tweeterized. I found it kind of comical. “Block!” “ Break tackles!” “Kill blocks!” “ Tackling!”
    Also, why is special teams blank??

TG

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Establish the run [during 2 minute drill]!

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Insert Anthony Lynn-joke here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X