Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwin James or Bosa or Herbert getting hurt. Isn't Derwin due? Injuries in general. Its a long season and other things can be worked out, but not if a guy is not there.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I am a little bit scared Joe Lombardi might be terrible and break Justin Herbert.

Injuries are always scary and have been a major problem.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
        Derwin James or Bosa or Herbert getting hurt. Isn't Derwin due? Injuries in general. Its a long season and other things can be worked out, but not if a guy is not there.
        If we can trade the health for 1 starter = 1 PowderBlues Forum member getting injured. Any takers!

I'll sacrifice getting paper cut for 10 healthy Baluga snaps.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

If we can trade the health for 1 starter = 1 PowderBlues Forum member getting injured. Any takers!

I'll sacrifice getting paper cut for 10 healthy Baluga snaps.
          Don't do it! ha

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            I am a little bit scared Joe Lombardi might be terrible and break Justin Herbert.

We all saw how Anthony tried that and failed! Kid's a survivor.

:coffee:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
              As a lifelong Charger fan, I've seen it all. Rooting for the Chargers since 1980 has made me the unrelenting cynic I am today. Memories of so many missed FGs, dropped INTs, boneheaded penalties, and near misses along the way.

As a result, I go into every season with a "glass half empty" mentality. Of course.

This year, though, I am excited. Or, I have been.

Staley is a breath of fresh air in terms of personality and having a coach who can scheme (and I mean scheme in the modern era). When is the last time we had those qualities in a head coach? Jalen Ramsey's endorsement of Staley made me incredibly hopeful.

As we head into this season, my annual Charger cynicism is starting to bubble up. The underwhelming OL backups being a heartbeat away. A kicker winning the job with a subpar preseason. The special teams showing no progress at all to this point. Needless to say, I'm skeptical.

But my biggest fear, from the moment we hired him, is Joe Lombardi. I've got this odd feeling that he will be a headache for us. Or, he might get by, but only because of Justin Herbert.

Seeing Joe's brief and disastrous track record as an OC with Detroit freaks me out (and I'm sure people will find a way to dismiss it). Reflecting on our original 53-man roster and knowing the players cut and kept that bothered me most are on Joe's side of the ball (cutting Tyron Johnson, keeping Trey Pipkins) and wondering if, as Staley's former coach, Brandon is given far too much credit to Joe in making decisions. Add to those things our one-injury-away-from-disaster OL, as well as our meager depth at RB, and this could be an infuriating year on that side of the ball (stalled drives, delays of game, stupid play calling).

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. And Herbert covers a multitude of sins.

But Joe Lombardi scares me most going into this season.

What scares you most?

Top to bottom, these fears I mentioned before the season started have become a reality.

- Two starting OL down to underwhelming backups.
              - A subpar kicker winning the job (and is now out)
              - Special teams showing no improvement (thankfully we went out and got a veteran at the BYE, but it still sucks)

And...my biggest concern stated back then: Joe Lombardi.

This is not a better version of Justin Herbert and our offense.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

An injury to Ekeler. Over half of our offense wrapped up in one guy. One guy who's motor is always running at 100%.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Yep...or, that Herbie may be forced to scramble too many times and get hurt, because Lombo dials up such lame plays...

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

storm norton scares me the most. that guy is a revolving door and has NO feet whatsoever, like he has 2 left feet or something. give him one simple juke and he falls outa his jock.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Poor special teams coaching and results.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...or, that Herbie may be forced to scramble too many times and get hurt, because Lombo dials up such lame plays...
                        That is a big fear. I actually did (before yesterday) want to see Herbert run more. But yesterday, while successful, is not something I want to see happen that often. I'd like to see a few more open receivers and options for him to throw to (including the deep ball).

Comment

• JackRussel
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We all saw how Anthony tried that and failed! Kid's a survivor in BP

:coffee:
                          It's not certain that he'll do exactly the same next time
                          Last edited by JackRussel; 12-02-2021, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X