• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

The uncertainty about this coaching staff & injuries is the biggest wildcard. Depth is nice, but some teams can remain afloat while other teams sink rapidly into the abyss.
    No roster is complete.
    The last two coaching staffs were successful until injuries piled up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Scares me? Nothing. What worries me the most? Not making yet another SuperBowl. And Spanos not selling the team in my lifetime lol.

I been a fan since as long as i can remember from Hadl, Mike Garrett, the Ghost, etc. My memories of them arent real clear but i did see them play as a youngster.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Knocking on wood first….DJ getting injured early in the season again. I will literally groan.

honestly I think Lombardi coaching way back in 14/15 is a long time ago and he has had a lot more exposure to better OC work since then. I think Staley is a clear play to your strengths guy but attack people all ways. I have faith we will have a balanced attack that wont be as predictable. Herbie makes defenses have to defend the entire field and our OL is NOT the 2020 shitpile that made herbie the most pressured qb. To me even though we have 4 new starters the talent level of this OL is so far improved…we cannot possibly be as shitty protecting and run blocking as 2020.

The 4th quarter D slide I sure hope will be fixed as i felt a lot was coaching errors and lack of management to close. Staley has an intuitiveness to coaching I think is going to earn us a few more games this year. He knows how to design a game plan around talented chesspieces….finally!

i am hyped for WTF . Will be sure to post some pics from the visitors side..we are pretty close so should be a fun experience gor my 14 yr olds first game.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
          The offense moving away from what made it great and exciting (the vertical passing game) scares me the most going into the regular season. That is, in my view, why all of the emphasis on Palmer and the cutting of Jonson are both bad for the team. We will see how that plays out soon enough. And I truly do hope I am wrong about Palmer.

A slightly lesser concern is the not so great looking so far STs.

A third concern is that we will not generate enough of a pass rush.

I feel pretty good about the OL as I think Jaimes and Norton will be okay if/when called upon. Basically, as long as Pipkins is inactive every week or someone at least triple duct tapes him to the bench when active, I feel pretty good about the OL.
          I agree on these. I think Staley overloading on DBs might effect other areas on the roster that could be in need.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            Knocking on wood first….DJ getting injured early in the season again. I will literally groan.

honestly I think Lombardi coaching way back in 14/15 is a long time ago and he has had a lot more exposure to better OC work since then. I think Staley is a clear play to your strengths guy but attack people all ways. I have faith we will have a balanced attack that wont be as predictable. Herbie makes defenses have to defend the entire field and our OL is NOT the 2020 shitpile that made herbie the most pressured qb. To me even though we have 4 new starters the talent level of this OL is so far improved…we cannot possibly be as shitty protecting and run blocking as 2020.

The 4th quarter D slide I sure hope will be fixed as i felt a lot was coaching errors and lack of management to close. Staley has an intuitiveness to coaching I think is going to earn us a few more games this year. He knows how to design a game plan around talented chesspieces….finally!

i am hyped for WTF . Will be sure to post some pics from the visitors side..we are pretty close so should be a fun experience gor my 14 yr olds first game.
            Have fun at the game with your son, hopefully it has a happy ending. WTF is an ascending team, I'm picking them to win the NFC East. Too bad they picked up Fitz and didn't stick with Haskins, Fitz is a shifty cat. Go Bolts!

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

Keen, sensible post. But some fans prefer not to expect much, as it feels safer.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The Hollywood factor, having early success and then then it goes to the heads of these kids and everything falls apart.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  The Hollywood factor, having early success and then then it goes to the heads of these kids and everything falls apart.
                  You are on to something there. I do fear after winning 3 straight Super Bowl titles the team might get cocky and complacent. :tongue:
                  Last edited by DragonIce; 09-03-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

You are on to something there. I do fear after winning 3 straight Super Bowl titles the team might get cocky and complacent. :tongue:
                    I’ll deal with it.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Uh, I’ll buy that t-shirt.

Comment

• steelbtexan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Scares me? Nothing. What worries me the most? Not making yet another SuperBowl. And Spanos not selling the team in my lifetime lol.

I been a fan since as long as i can remember from Hadl, Mike Garrett, the Ghost, etc. My memories of them arent real clear but i did see them play as a youngster.
                        As a kid I loved watching Hadl in the powder blue #21.

Gilman was brilliant.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by steelbtexan View Post

As a kid I loved watching Hadl in the powder blue #21.

Gilman was brilliant.
                          Welcome to The Powder Blues!

Comment

Working...
                          X