• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

That scared the bezzezzuss out of me in the theater. But now that gif is frikkin hysterical. I can't stop laughing.
    Me and you both! The scared part I mean. I saw that movie while I was in the Army and I had to cover my eyes through many of the scenes. lol

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Honestly, I had to think a bit before I remembered what those initials were for. Lynn never earned "initial" status with me, and his last name was short enough. Besides that, fired coaches never come back to the team that fired him.
      Many years ago, Rams owner Dan Reeves fired HC George Allen, then later on hired him back again...then FIRED him again...a twofer...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

In baseball, Billy Martin is hard to beat !

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

One thing - besides the OL and Special Teams will be how does Staley coach

I hope he coaches to win instead of "not losing"

The coach at Arizona in college, my alma mater - trying to set a tone - and hell, they will be lucky to win 3 games this year, first drive from his own 26 went on a 4th and 1. They got. Now I am not saying Staley needs to do that from his own 26 the first drive of the game or season. But I do think he needs to use analytics to make decisions

for me , first touchdown of the season, go for 2, what the hell - try it

If you get down inside the 40, and its 3rd and 2, prepare for four down territory

I want a coach who isn't afraid of winning or being questioned.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
            One thing - besides the OL and Special Teams will be how does Staley coach

I hope he coaches to win instead of "not losing"

The coach at Arizona in college, my alma mater - trying to set a tone - and hell, they will be lucky to win 3 games this year, first drive from his own 26 went on a 4th and 1. They got. Now I am not saying Staley needs to do that from his own 26 the first drive of the game or season. But I do think he needs to use analytics to make decisions

If you get down inside the 40, and its 3rd and 2, prepare for four down territory

I want a coach who isn't afraid of winning or being questioned.
            I think Lynn and Staley are polar opposite. He won’t hold on to one point lead for several quarters and play scared so I think you’ll be happy. We will throw this sh*t out.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              But I do think he needs to use analytics to make decisions

Don't the analytics suggest teams should go for it even at your own 40, 3rd and 2. Coaches are getting bolder, but the data says they are still chicken shit.

I like your idea...but I double the force of it...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

As someone who trades, this is scary to me....

natalie portman dancing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

(also testing Giphy)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

As someone who trades, this is scary to me....

natalie portman dancing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

(also testing Giphy)
                  I don't get it
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't get it
                    She's a "Black Swan". It's a major stock market drop that comes out of the blue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

She's a "Black Swan". It's a major stock market drop that comes out of the blue.
                      Well, let's hope not. I'm mostly invested in things related to electric vehicles and this chip shortage isn't helping. Damn Covid!
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Don't the analytics suggest teams should go for it even at your own 40, 3rd and 2. Coaches are getting bolder, but the data says they are still chicken shit.

I like your idea...but I double the force of it...
                        Maybe its just my own theory - but if a coach starts the first game of the year doing things like: going for 2 after touchdowns, going on 4th down and running trick plays - it would build confidence in the team and they aren't "panicking" when you actually need to get a first down on 4th down or complete a two point play

And truly what better game of the season than this one to be more aggressive. First of all, its the first game so you have the rest of the season. Second, its an NFC opponent, on the road no less, so though it hurts win loss record, it doesn't hurt you in a tiebreaker scenario

Now does that mean I want Staley to show all his hands with trick plays - no. But I think after a TD in this game, go for two, And of course, if the situation presents itself - have a plan to go on 4th down at the right part of the field.

I am not sure Lynn prepared to fail - but it does seem like his decisions for tricky plays with Steichen (end arounds) and going on 4th were more spur of the moment and not thought out

Like I am not sure how many times with Lynn the offense was up and down, they finally get a drive together, get near mid-field and he would run an end around on first down, lose down and distance and punt

Or they get to the 40 with a first down and did Lynn tell the OC - -okay, this could be four down territory so based on down and distance, we might go for it or did he wait until it literally was 4th and 1 to decide when the decision should have been made that if it were 3rd and 3, they can run two plays to get it.

My hope is Staley thinks more like ahead than spur of the moment.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, let's hope not. I'm mostly invested in things related to electric vehicles and this chip shortage isn't helping. Damn Covid!
                          Speaking of chip shortage, I went to the local Honda dealership yesterday to pick up part. I’ve never seen an empty new car lot this bad since moving in the states back in 1996. I think they had two brand new cars left.

Comment

Working...
                          X