• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Ahhh i see what you were trying to do. lol Pretty cool.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Im not sure what the discussion is for this thread? lol So lets just make it a hype thread.....

That is AWESOME!!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        In 1961, I was a 26-year-old daddy of two. I couldn't afford tickets to the Chargers but it happened that I was assigned to install some equipment at the Chargers Headquarters at the El Cortez Hotel and the OL coach (I think his name was Joe Madro) liked me and gave me two tickets to that first game at Balboa stadium. Now, I'm an old man of 86, and I've followed the Bolts all these years. Had season tickets while I lived in San Diego. In fact, I bought them two years after I had been transferred to San Francisco.

Each year along the way I thought I had a pretty good idea about what kind of a season we'd be seeing - but not this year. There seem to be more ifs than ever this year and we've been able to learn very little in this preseason.

New coaches, new OL, new kind of defense and offense and our very own second-year QB. It seems that we could end up with very few wins and it seems we could end up with very few losses.

The first six games look tough and I expect those games will have an awful lot to say about the final W/L record.

Here's hoping all those ifs turn out to be in our favor.

Go Chargers!
        Very well put. Congrats on making your 86th birthday!

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Im not sure what the discussion is for this thread? lol So lets just make it a hype thread.....

awesome!

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post

Don't Don't DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE...
            "Ya just another victim kid,ya just another victim!" House of Pain.Cant stop tha hype train man,either get on board or get run down!ChooorrrrGerrrrrrsss!!!!!

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
              Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
              • Jun 2013
              • Palm Springs
              • I know nothing
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              In 1961, I was a 26-year-old daddy of two. I couldn't afford tickets to the Chargers but it happened that I was assigned to install some equipment at the Chargers Headquarters at the El Cortez Hotel and the OL coach (I think his name was Joe Madro) liked me and gave me two tickets to that first game at Balboa stadium. Now, I'm an old man of 86, and I've followed the Bolts all these years. Had season tickets while I lived in San Diego. In fact, I bought them two years after I had been transferred to San Francisco.

Each year along the way I thought I had a pretty good idea about what kind of a season we'd be seeing - but not this year. There seem to be more ifs than ever this year and we've been able to learn very little in this preseason.

New coaches, new OL, new kind of defense and offense and our very own second-year QB. It seems that we could end up with very few wins and it seems we could end up with very few losses.

The first six games look tough and I expect those games will have an awful lot to say about the final W/L record.

Here's hoping all those ifs turn out to be in our favor.

Go Chargers!
              Congrats on 86. I'm only 77, don't think I'll make 86, but been one hell of a ride so far.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post

Congrats on 86. I'm only 77, don't think I'll make 86, but been one hell of a ride so far.
                When I was 77, I didn't expect to live this long either but here I am. So, hang in there! One day at a time.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

If you are just going thread to thread to post anti charger shit....you are basically just trolling. I think i was pretty cool to turn your thread into our pre game discussion. A first here. Having an opponent's fan start a pre or game thread. Please dont troll other threads.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Why? We've actually watched him play.

Comment

• Redskins1
                      Registered Redskin Fan
                      • Aug 2021
                      • Send PM

If you are just going thread to thread to post anti charger shit....you are basically just trolling. I think i was pretty cool to turn your thread into our pre game discussion. A first here. Having an opponent's fan start a pre or game thread. Please dont troll other threads.
                      My apologies....no trolling intended..

Comment

Working...
                      X