Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

I may be a bit overconfident. But, again, I don't see how the Chargers lose this game. Washington Football Team just is not that good. Herbert had some of his best games against really strong defenses last season: At Tampa Bay and at New Orleans. Remember that Washington Football Team could only win seven games in the worst division in football last season. And I just don't believe that a 39 year old journeyman quarterback with a new team is going to do much against the Chargers' defense. My prediction is that the Chargers' defense dominates WFT's offense and that Herbert and the Chargers' offense are able to score enough against WFT's defense to control the game.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post

Nope...
      WFT 0(24) Bolts 17
      There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Game Day! The Brandon Staley Era begins today. No more talky-talk.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

BF2B5F13-8184-4FFF-8C0B-918B01959FB0.jpegThis matchup always brings back one of my favorite memories of LT stiff-arming a Redskins player on his way to the end zone for the win in overtime.

Nov 27th 2005

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CRed View Post
            Last year Scott Turner's offense didn't score on an opening drive til the final game. This year we open with a TD drive on a long bomb to Dyami Brown.
            defensive play dominates the rest of the game for both teams with the final being 21-17 WFT goes 1-0.
            Does Turner Mini-Me call a lot of 1st down up the gut for nada? Kind of like daddy?

Comment

• CRed
              Registered Redskins Fan
              • Sep 2021
              • Maryland
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Does Turner Mini-Me call a lot of 1st down up the gut for nada? Kind of like daddy?
              Turner likes to go deep leaving us in 2nd and 3rd and long. Basically always letting defenses pin their ears back while our qbs were check down Charlie's.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Herbert is about to face the best defense he has played against in his young career...Bolt fans can really see what they have...
                talent wise.... may be......especially on DL......but last year, NE completely shut out our offense.... and MIA almost did the same...... great coaching/scheme may be more important than talent as long as you have at least average talent.....

This should be a good game...... we will learn alot about both teams today.....

Comment

• CRed
                  Registered Redskins Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Maryland
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

talent wise.... may be......especially on DL......but last year, NE completely shut out our offense.... and MIA almost did the same...... great coaching/scheme may be more important than talent as long as you have at least average talent.....

This should be a good game...... we will learn alot about both teams today.....
                  I wondered about the NE game. How the heck did they shut you guys down? Were players hurt?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I honestly have zero idea what to expect today. The coaching staff has kept everything under wraps and held everyone out of any preseason game (not that they would show much anyway). We kind of know the offense will look like a variation of the Saints and the D will kind of look like the Rams. How long will it take to work the kinks out and for the players to get comfortable? How quickly will the oline mesh and how will they handle the pressure today? How much better will ST be?
                    This is the way I see it...... we might see anything today...... this is a new era so our inconsistent past means nothing today.....

We need to try and stay positive and believe that this new era is heading in the right direction..... even if there are mistakes and screwups today......hard to be perfect when we have not actually played or been hit yet..... we might start out slow....we might start out hot....

less than 2 hours to go now.....

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CRed View Post

Turner likes to go deep leaving us in 2nd and 3rd and long. Basically always letting defenses pin their ears back while our qbs were check down Charlie's.
                      Ah yes, the good old deep bomb into double coverage...ANOTHER Turner Classic characteristic, both Norv and Norv Jr....Turner better hope his protection doesn't break down before Bosa and Sackwell get to PickzPatrick...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 09-12-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Nope...
                        WFT 24 Bolts 17
                        Whatever......my opinion......your opinion........Let's play the game........

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Set a fast pace early, Chargers.
                          Finish strong.
                          W. 31-17.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X