• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    You know the Pats will watch and emulate the Ravens game plan, along with the smother job they did on us last time we played. Time for some adjustments.
    It's the same thing they did last year so it's not going to be tough for them to plan it.

Let's see what the coaches can do with extra time to prep. We've been bad coming off a bye week for awhile.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

It's the same thing they did last year so it's not going to be tough for them to plan it.

Let's see what the coaches can do with extra time to prep. We've been bad coming off a bye week for awhile.
      We concentrated on cleaning up the pre-snap chaos and it hasn’t happened since. Here is to hoping with 2 weeks to work on this, we’ll come up with some way to combat it.

Comment

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I've got a feeling that 45-0 will be good motivation for us and that a bye week is more valuable for a sharp head coach like Staley than a less sharp head coach like Lynn.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
          Fuck McVay for blocking Staley from bringing Kevin O'Connell with him to LA.

I’ve been watching the Rams games and he’d be absolutely perfect for Herbert and the weapons the Chargers have on offense.

O’Connell’s plays actually uses the entire field including middle of the field not just the sidelines. And it doesn’t require the QB to always make something out nothing. Stafford gets many easy layup type passes in that offense largely due to play design.
          While I would have liked to have O’Connell as our OC, it’s important to point out a few things:
          1) Is it his play design or McVay’s?
          2) The Rams offense also came out completely inept against the Cardinals and the first half of the Seattle game. They couldn’t score in the first quarter against the Giants today.
          3) While I wasn’t high on Lombardi because of his Lions’ days, I think he’s doing much better as our OC this year. There are obvious issues but I think they can be corrected. For example, the annoying motion penalties that we got earlier in the year have disappeared now. The next challenge is working the middle of the field better and improving on early downs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Yes Wink outcoached Joe.
            Climb out of the Titanic lifeboat, would y'all ?
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              There are obvious issues but I think they can be corrected. For example, the annoying motion penalties that we got earlier in the year have disappeared now. The next challenge is working the middle of the field better and improving on early downs.
              One of the things Lombardi and Staley needs to work on is getting the 3rd and 4th WRs involved. Teams know KA and MW well enough, they have video tape of them being around for years. It's why this team has not been able to do better than they've done. Until the offense has the other wideouts involved in the catch production, the offense is prone to stagnation.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Too much drama... we'll learn from the loss, that's it.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

One of the things Lombardi and Staley needs to work on is getting the 3rd and 4th WRs involved. Teams know KA and MW well enough, they have video tape of them being around for years. It's why this team has not been able to do better than they've done. Until the offense has the other wideouts involved in the catch production, the offense is prone to stagnation.
                  The biggest problem I seen on O is the lack of production in early downs. We are in 3 rd and long way too often, requiring Herbert to make some incredibly difficult throws. Give him 3rd and shortl like the Ravens we’re in all game long and it will be much easier on him.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Funny you mentioned this since one of the criticisms yesterday was not targeting KA enough.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I didn't watch a lot of yesterday's game, and it sounds like Coach Lombardi had an off week in terms of playcalling.

It happens. When plays work, you're a genius, and when they don't you're an idiot.

As long as the team keeps improving, and keep Justin upright, we'll get better.

Justin is smart enough, he'll be motivated to get things straightened out.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Another reason I’m positive there will be a turnaround. Our red zone offense stunk the first two weeks. It has been great since.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The biggest problem I seen on O is the lack of production in early downs. We are in 3 rd and long way too often, requiring Herbert to make some incredibly difficult throws. Give him 3rd and shortl like the Ravens we’re in all game long and it will be much easier on him.
                          You hit the nail on the head. We need to do better on the early downs. I don't think we have the horses to do well by running on first downs all the time but you can use the short passing game on first and second down.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X