• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

We've done well running left in general.

All the bad games on offense the last two years came against press coverage. That's what we need to address.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Another reason I’m positive there will be a turnaround. Our red zone offense stunk the first two weeks. It has been great since.
      I have to laugh at this one. We only got to the red zone once in the last game but we're 1 for 1 there.

:beer:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I have to laugh at this one. We only got to the red zone once in the last game but we're 1 for 1 there.

:beer:
        Even if you don’t count the last game, it’s still amazing what happened games 3-5.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

There are a lot of things that go into being a good to great team. We have fixed and gotten better at some, but at the expense of others. You can't spend extra time on everything. In fact, it almost always comes at the expense of something else. It is not like you can just go out and practice any way you want, as long as you want. That is covered by the CBA, so there are pretty strict limits on it.

We can spend extra time working on classroom stuff. I don't believe that is covered by the CBA during the season. Making sure they eliminate the mental mistakes, which has been a big part of the problem.

You can't do much if anything about how physical you are though, unless you are on the field. There are some non-contact drills and such that can help somewhat, but I don't think NFL players have much margin for improvement doing that. Mostly, you have the 17 contact practices that you are allowed to have during the season. We may have to burn a few weeks worth to go back to basics, although they hopefully have already done that since, you would probably need to give a little extra recovery time for that.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

I’ve seen enough, it’s time to get rid of him. His play designs are absolutely awful.

He’s just as bad as he was with Detroit. In New Orleans Sean Payton runs the offense completely so it makes him look better than he is.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
              I’ve seen enough, it’s time to get rid of him. His play designs are absolutely awful.

He’s just as bad as he was with Detroit. In New Orleans Sean Payton runs the offense completely so it makes him look better than he is.
              Peyton a better play caller anyways yes.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Peyton a better play caller anyways yes.
                It’s not just about play calling, it’s mostly the play design that I hate with Lombardi. The receivers are running shitty routes with very little creativity.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It’s not just about play calling, it’s mostly the play design that I hate with Lombardi. The receivers are running shitty routes with very little creativity.
                  Those are some of the same routes as NO runs. Lombardi didnt bring whole new offense. For us it is but for him it isnt. Its been in progress for the Saints.

If Telesco dont makee at least 1 move before Tuesday then im a bigger skeptic. I dont think he has been worse than somee GMs as all GMs miss on picks but he doesnt go the extra mile to upgrade so if we fail this year, im willing to say fire him. But he has made some good moves. Just wish he would utilize trades in his strategy when we need it.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Missing on Kevin O'Connell was likely key....
                    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Those are some of the same routes as NO runs. Lombardi didnt bring whole new offense. For us it is but for him it isnt. Its been in progress for the Saints.

If Telesco dont makee at least 1 move before Tuesday then im a bigger skeptic. I dont think he has been worse than somee GMs as all GMs miss on picks but he doesnt go the extra mile to upgrade so if we fail this year, im willing to say fire him. But he has made some good moves. Just wish he would utilize trades in his strategy when we need it.
                      It also almost feels like Herbert is going through the same thing as Mahomes. Maybe to a lesser extent. Just thinking about Staley’s comments on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍