• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Zach Martin isn’t a lock to play and La’el Collins just got suspended. Possibly 2 backups on the right side to block Bosa. Dallas with Dak the last 2 seasons has put up plenty of stats, but only 2 wins in 6 games. One was against the Giants and the other was the huge comeback against ATL when the Falcons forgot how onside kicks work. I expect a back and forth game but I think our defense gets more stops. Will be a big test for Asante and Davis, excited to see how Staley draws this one up.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Michael Gallup will be out the next 3 to 5 weeks and will miss our game.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Michael Gallup will be out the next 3 to 5 weeks and will miss our game.
        That is a key loss. He is a quality WR3.
        The losses to the cowgirl OL, especially if Martin isn’t able to go/full strength, could be a big liability.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Zach Martin isn’t a lock to play and La’el Collins just got suspended. Possibly 2 backups on the right side to block Bosa.
          Remember guys it was exactly 1 year ago we kept saying Bosa kept tiring out too easy. Well yesterday was a hot game (90's) yet Bosa brought it all 4 quarters. The sack, fumble, the QB chase down from behind, the QB hits and hurries. Staley's system is freeing up Bosa!

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

As I called last night: Martin was re-instated today from Covid protocol.

Consider how Dallas o-line parallels to Charger situation:

-Right tackle is out after just one game (Collins/Bulaga)
            -Other four starters playing good or great (Cowboys/Chargers)
            -One good (or likely good) backup in the wings at guard (McGovern/Jaimes)
            -Backup tackle situation scary(Cowboys/Chargers)
            -Slater (drafted 13th overall) looking great right of gate like Tyron Smith (drafted 9th overall)
            -Case for moving a starting guard over to fill for injured RT (Martin/Feiler)
            -Fans (Cowboys/Chargers) bitching that team should have done more for backup tackle spot

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Dallas moved the ball at will against a really good TB defense(against run and the pass) that was able to basically shut down the chiefs offense in SB..... Chargers will have to score well over 30 points to win.... may need 40 to outscore them..... Wash does not have a great offense..... and most of game they had a 2nd string QB......

The washington receivers were consistently open yesterday.... with better QB play, they likely would have beaten us..... and we are not great at stuffing the run either.....

If Dallas's O moved the ball at will, they would have won. Tampa's D found a way to make timely stops and Dallas lost again.
              That's what Dallas is good at, they demonstrated this well last year.

Come off a losing season, lose again to start off the new season and everyone jumps on your bandwagon.....it could only happen to Dallas.

And with better qb play, Washington would beat Dallas, and most other teams, on a consistent basis

I like the Charger defense a lot more then what Dallas runs out there; and i like Herbert more than Dak.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think the Chargers O will be able to do whatever they want against the Cowboys D. Hopefully the Chargers D can make them one dimensional. Zeke didn't do anything against the Bucs, but I do worry about the Chargers run D. Cowboys K was awful against the Bubs. Should be a good game, I saw some books had the Chargers at -2.5, I had to jump on some of that.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We would expect nothing less from you.
                  I thought the exact same dammed thing when I read his post. What else would we expect from Captain Doom & Gloom????

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

The philosophy of Dallas OC Kellen Moore will be opposite of what we saw in Washington yesterday.

WFT was very conservative - more runs than passes and lots of short passes. This made it difficult to sack their QBs, or create interceptions, but also made them straight-forward to defend.

Cowboys generally push the ball down the field, which means more splash play opportunities--for both teams.

Dallas will certainly look to run more than they did against Bucs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                      I think the Chargers O will be able to do whatever they want against the Cowboys D. Hopefully the Chargers D can make them one dimensional. Zeke didn't do anything against the Bucs, but I do worry about the Chargers run D. Cowboys K was awful against the Bubs. Should be a good game, I saw some books had the Chargers at -2.5, I had to jump on some of that.
                      Charger run D did well in the 1rst half.
                      Justin Jones did not play in the 2nd half and they got pushed around....maybe the two things are related.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Biggest ? I have right now is... How good was Collins against TB? If a big drop off there plus Gallup out is huge. Chargers catching Dallas at home now is a nice break.
                        Need to run hard at Demarcus Lawrence and chip or double him every passing play he lines up against Storm.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

I expect our defensive plan will be very different this next game. I expected a lot more run focus from WFT and we still only allowed 126 yards on the ground and 133 in the air for 5th in the league in yards. I expect to give up more yards next week but I think our D matches up better to causes challenges for Dak too. Should be a faster pace game. Turn Bosa loose.

Comment

Working...
                          X