• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    It's interesting how when someone who revolutionizes the game its always the next so in so. When Magic Johnson was playing for the Lakers people were saying the new trend was 6' 9" point guards who can pass and shoot. Well turns out there are very few if a y that could do what Magic did at his size. It will be the same with Staley.
    You know it. Everyone who even tangentially knows McVay seems to get a head coaching job. People want to catch that magic. And coaches like LeFleur and Staley and maybe even Zac Smith of bengals reinforce it. Problem is, copies of the original are copies. And not everyone can replicate the success or put the work in that it requires. But McVay already has a better tree than Belicheck. We will have to get used to losing assistants every year now. That is the downside of having a coach like Staley.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

I’d like to see some Gruden emails on Derek Carr

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Anyone catch Carr's remark this morning?
        made me think/wonder, would gruden potentially have a case against the NFL or Mark Davis?
        I'm not too familiar with the legal world but maybe someone can enlighten me
        These were personal emails being used to blackmail him.
        JG wasn't employed by NFL in this span
        does any of this matter?
        IDK
        Chainy? Anyone?
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I don't know as well, but it seemed to be a very selective hit, which does bring up a fairness issue. Supposedly the NFL chief lawyer was in these email chains, nothing heard about him. My short term guess is that the team will play hard for the Denver game, but not sure if it can be sustained.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            made me think/wonder, would gruden potentially have a case against the NFL or Mark Davis?
            does any of this matter?
            IDK
            Chainy? Anyone?
            It was a weird timing too. They waited until the Raiders started losing games and meltdowns before leaking it out

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              does any of this matter?
              IDK
              Chainy? Anyone?
              There is no such thing as private email. As soon as you hit 'send' that email is totally out of your control and can end up on any server, anywhere. If you don't own the server or have a contract with the entity who does, they have no obligation to not use or share the email. It's their possession.

Don't say anything in email you're not comfortable with the whole world reading. I think in general a virtuous person is virtuous in both private and public, but if you choose to act different in those two spheres, consider email public.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Carr is a Raider so I cannot possibly hope he does well.

But as a person I like him and as a QB, I respect him. I thought what he said about Gruden at the initial presser on Weds? was really good and showed what a good human he is. He is in a really tough spot and has been really since Gruden was hired. But he has handled it all with class, from Gruden actively denigrating him, looking to trade for another QB to now having to answer questions about why Gruden is such a an arrogant, entitled jerk. I guess it reinforces to me that as much as I love football and take delight in certain teams failing, there are a lot of good people playing for teams I hate.

TG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Carr is a Raider so I cannot possibly hope he does well.

But as a person I like him and as a QB, I respect him. I thought what he said about Gruden at the initial presser on Weds? was really good and showed what a good human he is. He is in a really tough spot and has been really since Gruden was hired. But he has handled it all with class, from Gruden actively denigrating him, looking to trade for another QB to now having to answer questions about why Gruden is such a an arrogant, entitled jerk. I guess it reinforces to me that as much as I love football and take delight in certain teams failing, there are a lot of good people playing for teams I hate.

TG
                  Gruden never tried to trade him, that is media and fan speculation. They signed Mariotta last year and he sits firmly on the bench. Now since Gruden is gone, they are already releasing a QB from their PS. Gruden stocked too many.

For affirmation......i have said from everything ive listened to and read here in Vegas that Gruden and Mayock worked together on teh draft and personel,......and it was Mayock who insisted AB get released after his outbursts and yelling at Mayock but now it is revealed that Mayock now has 51% of final personel say while the interm HC has 49%.

With Gruden it was 51% for Gruden and 49% Mayock.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Slight nuance…didn’t say Gruden was looking to trade Carr, but he certainly (as reported by a lot of media) was continually looking for an upgrade. Probably semantics on my part, as you don’t bring in another QB and keep Carr. And perhaps it was just a tactic by Gruden? He had a jerky way of dealing with his QBs, like Parcells did. But it was pretty well known or at least reported that Gruden was looking for a better QB.

TG

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I don't know as well, but it seemed to be a very selective hit, which does bring up a fairness issue. Supposedly the NFL chief lawyer was in these email chains, nothing heard about him.
                      My speculation is that Goodell was absolutely livid and wanted Gruden destroyed after reading those emails disparaging him. Goodell has a lot of power and a gigantic ego. I think if not for Goodell this would have been handled in a much more discrete way. The NFL has successfully buried big stories in the past to protect high profile names and the NFL image.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Slight nuance…didn’t say Gruden was looking to trade Carr, but he certainly (as reported by a lot of media) was continually looking for an upgrade. Probably semantics on my part, as you don’t bring in another QB and keep Carr. And perhaps it was just a tactic by Gruden? He had a jerky way of dealing with his QBs, like Parcells did. But it was pretty well known or at least reported that Gruden was looking for a better QB.

TG
                        Cant believe everything that the "experts" say. They arent experts.

Florio imo is an idiot as is Greeny and that dude (forget his name right now) that Shannon Sharp does a show with. Most of it is speculation. Now if Shefter says something, might be something to it.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cant believe everything that the "experts" say. They arent experts.

Florio imo is an idiot as is Greeny and that dude (forget his name right now) that Shannon Sharp does a show with. Most of it is speculation. Now if Shefter says something, might be something to it.
                          Skip?
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡