• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig440
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Actually, I think his statement is pretty funny. Social problems plus his greed puts me in this camp as well. Keep it short and simple and move on and hopefully we win the division this year.

:2cents:
    Since this thread is off track for now. I will say the person in your avatar has really good posture.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

AFAIK, that means Hill is out of the division, so he is off topic, lol. But Reid does find players.

Other news, there are more than 5 but less than 20 bidders for the Broncos.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

My Velo vision sees the Chargers winning the AFC West, with the Raiders being No. 2. I think Josh McDaniels is going to be a great coach the second time around, having learned from his immaturity when he coached the Broncos. I like the Chargers better though. I think the Chargers will have a better defense. I don't see that much of an upgrade with Chandler Jones replacing Ngakoue. Maxx Crosby was a good find in the 4th round, but I don't see him as elite, not on Bosa's level anyway. I'm not convinced that Russell Wilson is going to instantly turn the Broncos into an elite team. I'll see it when I believe it.

And I think the departure of Hill is going to damper on the Chiefs' offense, unless they get a WR in the draft who as a rookie plays like Chase or Waddle. I just think the Raiders are going to have a better offense than the Chiefs. So I'm going with 1. Chargers 2. Raiders 3-4. Broncos-Chiefs, take your pick. I do believe the Broncos and Chiefs will both be above .500 and the AFC West will be the best division. Whether all four teams make the playoffs: I can't say really, but with all the teams in the division playing each other twice I think it's probably not likely that four teams from the AFC West make it, but I certainly think that three of them can make it.

I see the AFC Championship Game between the Bills and Chargers in Buffalo. I'm giving the Bills the homefield edge and the No. 1 seed just because the AFC West is so tough that the Chargers may have one more loss than the Bills. I can't pick a winner between the Bills and Chargers.

I think the AFC East is going to be a tougher division than people realize. I think the Jets are going to improve and beat some good teams. The Dolphins are also going to be a tough team, but will be limited by Tua. He will be just good enough to make the Dolphins an above .500 team but not good enough to make the Dolphins elite. And Belichick will always have the Patriots playing at competitive level, but I don't see them as an elite team.

As with Russell Wilson in Denver: Deshaun Watson in Cleveland, well I see it when I believe it. But the AFC North is going to be a wicked Division and could be even better than the AFC West if Watson does turn the Browns into a contender and Baker Mayfield ends up in Pittsburgh (which I personally would love to see). I think the Bengals will still be the team to beat in that division though. I don't think the Bengals will be as good as the Chargers or Bills though. Let's be honest, the Bengals over-achieved, got hot, in the post-season to get all the way to the SB last season. I just don't see them repeating that success, as much as I do like Burrow, and the Burrow to Chase connection.

The AFC South is going to be pathetic IMO. The Colts with their 3rd QB in as many seasons, an aging Matt Ryan? It has mediocre written all over it. The Titans will win the division IMO, but they have limitations at QB too, and that will show up in the playoffs again, like it did in January. Jax and Houston, I'm not going to even include them in the conversation.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I'm not convinced that Russell Wilson is going to instantly turn the Broncos into an elite team. I'll see it when I believe it.
          The Broncos are the dark horse (no pun intended) because if Wilson plays within the confines of the "system" the Broncos are a good team. How long until he deviates though?

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

The Broncos are the dark horse (no pun intended) because if Wilson plays within the confines of the "system" the Broncos are a good team. How long until he deviates though?
            That is the thing though, Wilson is not a system QB. He is a chaos QB. Put him in the system and he makes plays like the INT in the SB to lose the game.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That is the thing though, Wilson is not a system QB. He is a chaos QB. Put him in the system and he makes plays like the INT in the SB to lose the game.
              a lot like Mahomes...chaos QBs that make things happen when they are running around for 6 seconds. except Mahomes used to have a twitchy WR in hill.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

He 's gonna be a good test for our defense. The Pats were just waiting for him to make a mistake.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Wilson is a huge upgrade. The disrespect for Wilson and Mahomes is absurd. That’s why Staley is pulling out all the stops to massively upgrade the defense. He sure as hell isn’t arrogantly underestimating the QB talent in our division.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Wilson is a huge upgrade. The disrespect for Wilson and Mahomes is absurd. That’s why Staley is pulling out all the stops to massively upgrade the defense. He sure as hell isn’t arrogantly underestimating the QB talent in our division.
                    There is no doubt he is a really good QB. But to believe that putting him in a system that is not beneficial for him will not have any negative impact is just not accepting reality. Same with Myhommy, to believe that losing Hill will not have an impact is just denial.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

There is no doubt he is a really good QB. But to believe that putting him in a system that is not beneficial for him will not have any negative impact is just not accepting reality. Same with Mahommy, to believe that losing Hill will not have an impact is just denial.
                      Why is Denver's system not beneficial to Wilson? Honest question. I never felt that Wilson was a one-trick pony kind of QB. I mean, he's made the vast majority of his plays from the pocket, not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. He's got some nice weapons in Denver, and to predict that his play is going to suffer because of Denver's "system" just doesn't ring true to me.

As for Mahomes, the loss of Hill will hurt, true. But they've acquired JuJu and MVS, as well as upgraded their running game with Jones...and they still have Kelce. I don't see a *major* drop off next year. And, again, to underestimate them would be a mistake.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Why is Denver's system not beneficial to Wilson? Honest question. I never felt that Wilson was a one-trick pony kind of QB. I mean, he's made the vast majority of his plays from the pocket, not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. He's got some nice weapons in Denver, and to predict that his play is going to suffer because of Denver's "system" just doesn't ring true to me.

As for Mahomes, the loss of Hill will hurt, true. But they've acquired JuJu and MVS, as well as upgraded their running game with Jones...and they still have Kelce. I don't see a *major* drop off next year. And, again, to underestimate them would be a mistake.
                        Wilson makes his bread and butter from broken plays and long passes from them. Its not that he is a bad QB its just he does not have the deep playmakers that he had in Seattle. Denver may change their O around to maximize Wilsons skillset but we will have to wait and see. Since he is so different from the other QB's the Donkeys have had in recent years it will be a big adjustment by the WR's as well, they will need to change their thinking to broken plays and off schedule running around in the secondary. You may be right and Wilson could go 20-0 and have the greatest QB season for all time. I am just not buying it.

If you watch Myhommy and see how defenses play him, there is a huge drop off in his performance when he is kept in the pocket and forced to read defenses. Again not saying he is bad, just making the note that he is not the same guy as when he is running around in a broken play and finding Hill wide open 50 yards down the field. JuJu and MVS are nice additions but they are not Hill by a long shot, even more so when it comes to big plays from broken plays. Myhommy will take a step back this year without Hill, that is not to say he will be bad but he will not be as explosive.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Someone mentioned before that Staley has a good track record against Wilson as DC and position coach kn Denver/Chicago, so that feels good.
                          I'm sure Staley is well versed in the Wilson game on a pro level so we should be fine on defense moving forward.

As far as mahomes, he will likely drop off a bit, then have hige games, just to choke in the playoffs again.
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X