• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s not an opinion that the 2009 season was tougher than the 2006 season. You were wrong about that. Nor that Kaeding missing two easy FGs that cost us the game. You were wrong about that as well. You’re like chaincrusher sometimes honestly because you tend to have bias towards certain things and ignore the circumstances of what actually happened. In this case your love of Marty and your dislike of Norv.

And yes, post the VJ Revis play.
    From my recollection, that play with VJ and Revis wouldnt have been a TD. It was around the 20 yardline ,give or take 5 yards and it was a PI imo. Certainly would be today. But it dont matter, it dont change anything. Keading choked as well. In two different playoff seasons, only came thru in one playoff game.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

From my recollection, that play with VJ and Revis wouldnt have been a TD. It was around the 20 yardline ,give or take 5 yards and it was a PI imo. Certainly would be today. But it dont matter, it dont change anything. Keading choked as well. In two different playoff seasons, only came thru in one playoff game.
      It was an end zone toss. Rivers threw a ball up that VJ should have caught.

Kaeding failed in both the 2004 and 2009 playoffs. Both against the Jets. I don’t blame him for missing the difficult kick to tie the game against the Patriots in 2006. His best game was against the Colts in 2007.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

It was an end zone toss. Rivers threw a ball up that VJ should have caught.

Kaeding failed in both the 2004 and 2009 playoffs. Both against the Jets. I don’t blame him for missing the difficult kick to tie the game against the Patriots in 2006. His best game was against the Colts in 2007.
        Then its not the same play im thinking of. The one im thinking of wasnt in the EZ.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-17-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The not the same play im thinking of. The one im thinking of wasnt in the EZ.
          You know what, you’re right. It wasn’t an end zone toss. It landed near the 17 like you said. See the 3:45 mark. What unbelievable stupid bad luck on our part. VJ had the ball in his hands too!

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Robert Griffin III is right, you know,

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

The Donkeys have the lamest, most dumb ass promos in all of the football world.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

You know what, you’re right. It wasn’t an end zone toss. It landed near the 17 like you said. See the 3:45 mark. What unbelievable stupid bad luck on our part. VJ had the ball in his hands too!

VJ had an incident with the cops the morning of that game. I think Rivers ended up having to drive him to the game. Bet that affected his play.

2006 team was better than 2009 team tho. LT had an mvp season in 2006 and wasn’t nearly that guy by 2009. Sproles also looked slowed a bit but he wasn’t as he went on to play well for NO. We didn’t have the ground game in 2009 that we had in 2006. Kaeding was seeing dead people by the 4th quarter of the Jets game

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

VJ had an incident with the cops the morning of that game. I think Rivers ended up having to drive him to the game. Bet that affected his play.

2006 team was better than 2009 team tho. LT had an mvp season in 2006 and wasn’t nearly that guy by 2009. Sproles also looked slowed a bit but he wasn’t as he went on to play well for NO. We didn’t have the ground game in 2009 that we had in 2006. Kaeding was seeing dead people by the 4th quarter of the Jets game
                  IDK.....for me it isnt hard to focus on other things went something else goes wrong. And thats his job. Im sure others here have got a ticket going to work or whatever and performed well.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Damn Jets-fan cop.
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

I’m going to disagree about the elite teams in 2006 especially NE, Baltimore, and Indy. All three of those 2006 teams would have been beaten badly by the 2009 ones. NE for example was a wildcard team that had no receivers. Baltimore had an old McNair as their QB. Indy couldn’t stop the run until they traded for Booger and Bob Sanders came back. Peyton also had a down year by his standards.

And everything else you mentioned just proves that Norv did more with less than Marty in 2009. Having less talent and facing tougher opponents.
                      I don't agree with the comparison of the 2006 and 2009 teams. I thought Brady was tentative in his return back from injury in 2009, and the Patriots went 10-6 that year. That was probably one of the worst years the Patriots had with Brady and Belichick. The Ravens' defense in 2006 was a lot better in 2006 than it was in 2009. Peyton was lucky to pull that one out against Baltimore in the Divisional Round in 2006. He had a couple of passes heading right into Ed Reed's arms that would have been pick-sixes, but Ray Lewis knocked them down before getting there. It was just bad luck for the Ravens in that game, and the Colts had to kick five field goals to win it. The Colts going from Tony Dungy to Jim Caldwell was not an upgrade, either.

What's really unfortunate is I think we would have blown the Colts out in the 2006 AFC Championship Game and destroyed the Bears in the Super Bowl. Man, that hurts.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The dominant thinking regarding the Chiefs is that Mahomes and the offense will take a step backwards without Tyreek Hill. But I think the opposite is just as likely to happen. The Chiefs added two solid veteran WRs in Valdes-Scantling and Smith-Schuster in free agency, and drafted rookie speedster Skyy Moore. For the first time, it looks to me like Mahomes could have a well-rounded receiving corps for the first time. It used to be just Hill and Kelce, after these two, the Chiefs' receivers were meh. But suddenly they have some solid depth. They still have Mecole Hardman, who is entering his 3rd season. Both Valdes-Scantling and Hardman have sub 4.4 speed. I think this is going to be the best set of receivers Mahomes has ever had to work with. And then there is Kelce.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The dominant thinking regarding the Chiefs is that Mahomes and the offense will take a step backwards without Tyreek Hill. But I think the opposite is just as likely to happen. The Chiefs added two solid veteran WRs in Valdes-Scantling and Smith-Schuster in free agency, and drafted rookie speedster Skyy Moore. For the first time, it looks to me like Mahomes could have a well-rounded receiving corps for the first time. It used to be just Hill and Kelce, after these two, the Chiefs' receivers were meh. But suddenly they have some solid depth. They still have Mecole Hardman, who is entering his 3rd season. Both Valdes-Scantling and Hardman have sub 4.4 speed. I think this is going to be the best set of receivers Mahomes has ever had to work with. And then there is Kelce.
                          This scares me a little bit. Our DBs last year couldn’t stop a 4.6 speed Kelce to save their playoff hopes yet alone sub 4.4 speed wideouts. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                          X