The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

More than half the Donkey players showed up recently at Russ's birthday bash.

Ain't that quant.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

They lost major players, but are still competitive...

We lost Allen on offense & Bosa on defense and both degraded a lot...

What that said about our current OC & DC? (I'd like to use the word, not decent enough....)

Go Bolts!!!

PS. It is puzzling that a few here want to cut Allen and Bosa next year.... :dunno::dunno:
        Actually, the defense wasn't that good before we lost Bosa.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Maybe, if possible, he should wear #28 again. Ever since turning to #25 in the NFL he's been nothing but a fumbling disaster.

I hope he fumbles a playoff game away for the Chiefs in January.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Derek Carr, quarterback, Las Vegas. For his mind-boggling, horrible throw at the end of the first half of the Raiders’ 17-16 loss to the Rams Thursday night. With 56 seconds left in the second quarter and the Raiders up 13-3, Vegas had third-and-five at the Rams’ 10-yard line. An incompletion here, and the Raiders go into halftime up 16-3. A completion and a TD in the final minute, and the Raiders go into halftime up 20-3. Instead, Carr threw an incomprehensible pop fly with four Rams and one Raider anywhere near the ball. It is one of the worst throws I’ve ever seen in a situation like that. Say the Raiders get a field goal there. Then, with five minutes left in the game, it’s 19-3 Raiders and the Rams need two touchdowns and two two-point conversions to tie the game and send it to overtime. As it was, the Rams scored two TDs and two PATs and escaped with a win. Carr’s mistake didn’t happen in the final couple of minutes, but it didn’t have to—the terrible pick reverberated till the end of the game.​ - FMIA/PK

This is after losing to Jeff Saturday's Colts.

Evaluating the Raiders: IF the Raiders draft QB #1 overall on offense and jettison Derek Carr and then jettison all the former Chargers on defense, they will become a worthy opponent.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Um....the 'Turds basically whooped us last time we played em.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

As I see it, it's not the number of players hurt, but the "who" is hurt. We have been playing without 3 of our top 4 WR's. No team has a bench that has 4 top WR's waiting to step in. If one of those injured had been from some other position or had been the number 4/5 WR that was injured we would have been okay. The other problem is that we only carry five WR's on the roster. Considering that a team has many players when they use four WR's, it seems very risky to only carry five.
                Here who is missing on K.C.:

Mecole Hardman (decent - think Josh Palmer), Clyde Edwards Helaire (decent - think Josh Kelly) , scrub #1, scrub #2, scrub #3, 4 , 5 & the chronically injured Lucas Niang all the way back to his TCU days.

No Bosas, no Slaters, no Keenan Allens or Mike Williams, no JC Jacksons,

hell even if some one the value of Trey Pipkens got injured on their team it would be an unprecedented setback.

They look good because they are one of the few healthy teams all year.
                I wish they had to go to San Fran next week ......... scheduling fortune for those lucky bastards in addition.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/12/1...losing-streak/

Russell Wilson sacrificed his legs. His heart. His head. Still wasn’t enough to end that awful Chiefs losing streak - Denver Post

And there’s no way to sugar-coat 14 consecutive losses to the Chiefs.

The bravest man in this 34-28 loss to the first-place Chiefs was Wilson, who nearly rallied the Broncos from a 27-point deficit, trying to pull off the biggest comeback in franchise history, right until the instant he was concussed by a tackle from Kansas City lineman Frank Clark at the end of a 14-yard scramble early in the fourth quarter.

“I looked down at him after the play,” Clark said, “and I see like him squealing and stuff like that.”

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/12/1...abriel-debate/

What’s the first thing general manager George Paton should do to fix the Broncos?

Kiz: I can’t see Penner and the new ownership team wanting to blow it all up and start from scratch only months after closing a $4.65 billion purchase. There would barely be enough football experience left at team headquarters to assemble a search committee. But I don’t see how Paton can retain coach Nathaniel Hackett, regardless of how the Broncos fought for their beleaguered coach during the comeback against the Chiefs. Give Hackett a mulligan? Fans wouldn’t buy it. Paton should already have begun the search for a new coach.​

Kiz: Do the Broncos have the draft capital to obtain Sean Payton in a trade from the New Orleans Saints, which retain his rights? And would Payton want to get back in the coaching game with Wilson, when maybe he could instead develop Justin Herbert in Los Angeles? Should Denver elevate defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero? Try to lure Jim Harbaugh back to the NFL? Or does the next coach not really matter unless Paton addresses critical personnel needs on this roster?

Gabriel: Depends on how high a bidding war goes, I suppose, and if New Orleans is committed to acquiring 2023 draft capital for him. The Broncos acquired a first-round pick for Bradley Chubb and also have two third-rounders, but that’s where the roster part of the conversation enters the equation. They have needs — tackle, perhaps receiver, edge, etc. — and need more high-end talent. So for a hypothetical Payon pursuit, the Broncos’ recipe may include future draft capital and/or the Walton-Penner Ownership Group offering Payton enough money that he doesn’t want to coach elsewhere. Evero’s going to get interviews this winter for a head coaching position, as will Harbaugh (if he wants them) and other veterans like Frank Reich and Dan Quinn. The coaching decision or decisions will happen first, but Denver’s roster needs are woven in as part of the conversation.

Lots of fascinating topics in Bronco Country. If you believe that Walton-Penner Ownership Group will want a better ROI on their $4.65 billion investment in 2023, then we agree.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

When the Broncos release Russell Wilson, their dead cap space will look like this:

2023: $107M
                        2024: $85M
                        2025: $49.6M
                        2026: $31.2M

That's just from Russ.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

I'm almost certain the Waltons will entertain bringing in Sean Payton to try to fix Wilson. They have enough players they can unload in a trade to the Saints, and I'm sure they will be willing to pay the money. They're not football people either, so they'll likely be more than willing to give Payton the control he seeks and then some. If this happens, it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍