• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I will look for it. I hope he gets it, he’s a good guy. I just don’t see big bidding wars for big contracts for these guys - I see two guys whose agent made a demand for a larger commitment than the Chargers would consider. They then went out to FA and found out nobody would give them a large commitment. The disdain for the org seems once again overstated imo. I never said they are horrible players. But by their logic, we should not have let Storm Norton go, he was signed by another team too.

All teams let players go, teams can’t keep all players, even at $5m/yr. our rush defense has been in the 30s so clearly our LB was not a great answer to the riddle we have locally. I like the idea of trying Kendrick instead of watching the Murray-Tranq debacle for another year. Something had to change, Drue made that decision for them.
    Trying Kendricks there can't hurt, but I don't see a 6' , 227 pound guy being the solution to the rushing woes of this defense.
    And then we'll find out he's a liability in this pass defense that teams will expose.

Everything always looks great at the start with new pieces on this team.

As for White/Tranquil, i don't think the team was ever serious about resigning either,
    and the $7 million a year offer is sheer fantasy,

If true, it sure exposes the Charger organization as being incompetent: offering $7 million when Tranquil's market value is not even half of that.

Which way do you want it?
    Last edited by powderblueboy; 03-23-2023, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Trying Kendricks there can't hurt, but I don't see a 6' , 227 pound guy being the solution to the rushing woes of this defense.
      And then we'll find out he's a liability in this pass defense that teams will expose.

Everything always looks great at the start with new pieces on the team.

As for White/Tranquil, i don't think the team was ever serious about resigning either,

If true, it sure exposes the Charger organization as being incompetent: offering $7 million when Tranquil's market value is not even half of that.

I never said they offered $7m, I don’t know where that number came from as I don’t believe it. They saw Kyzir and Drue making a lot of tackles 5-10 yards past the LOS, thats not what they need. Kendricks has proven to be more effective against the rush, you looking at his yearbook or his actual game tape? I’m all for trying a different way based on what I saw of the last two - others are able to quickly shift from criticizing our LB group to lamenting their departure. Talk about wanting it both ways …

our problem today isnt Kendrick, its still Murray. I’ll take Bobby for the win!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Everything always looks great at the start with new pieces on this team.

Not much bigger but Kendricks is listed at 232 on the Vikes depth chart. He is still a better run defender than Tramquill and Murray

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not much bigger but Kendricks is listed at 232 on the Vikes depth chart. He is still a better run defender than Tramquill and Murray
          Why is Murray still around, I wonder. Has the guy done - shown - ANYTHING - in 3 years?

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Why is Murray still around, I wonder. Has the guy done - shown - ANYTHING - in 3 years?
            Led the team in tackles as a rookie.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If he were a 6th rounder, he would have been showing promise as a reliable backup lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Led the team in tackles as a rookie.
                He did do that,....but even that took a second half surge and been downhill since.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He did do that,....but even that took a second half surge and been downhill since.
                  He’s seemed slow to adjust to what BS defense requires of him. If true, 2023 could be when it clicks. Given the trade up to Rd1, he’s already disappointed but maybe he finds redemption.

I blame Hill
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I was surprised to the see the height and weight on Kendricks vs Tranquill. Tranquill is basically a pumped up safety and he always seemed undersized to me when I watched him play. Kendricks just looks and plays a lot bigger. At least to my eye

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I was surprised to the see the height and weight on Kendricks vs Tranquill. Tranquill is basically a pumped up safety and he always seemed undersized to me when I watched him play. Kendricks just looks and plays a lot bigger. At least to my eye

TG
                      Agree, I was a bit surprised he was 232 lbs. I'd have guessed 245
                      Maybe it's the number lol.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

wont matter who the LBer is if the DC is still the HC who is in way over his head. Heck even if he was demoted to DC I still wouldnt have faith in the D. It's not like this team has players like A-Aron Donald and Ramsey. we have the likes of an aging Mack and an oft-injured, oft-offsides, oft-bitching bosa. Vato, although pretty good, is no Ramsey.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          wont matter who the LBer is if the DC is still the HC who is in way over his head. Heck even if he was demoted to DC I still wouldnt have faith in the D. It's not like this team has players like A-Aron Donald and Ramsey. we have the likes of an aging Mack and an oft-injured, oft-offsides, oft-bitching bosa. Vato, although pretty good, is no Ramsey.
                          Derwin James exists. But wait, the things he does is not good enough for some people.

Comment

Working...
                          X