Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I am only one mentioning both Chris Harris and Callahan. The Broncos are getting younger at the position after drafting Surtain, Caden Sterns developing, and bringing in Kyle Fuller. Staley worked with these players and knows what they have in the tank. This is the NFL, where one man's trash is another man's treasure.

As far as Renaldo Hill, his squad allowed the most points in the history of the league in the 4th Quarter the past 16 games in his first season and the Chargers might have an opportunity to jump on Vic Fangio, who might come on the market with salary off-sets? I do that 10/10 times.

I assign Hill to assistant head coach and OLB coach. Hill has a chance to learn from the master, Vic.

2021 4th Quarter POINTS.jpeg
    What title would Fangio have with the Chargers? I don't think the Chargers are going to dump Renaldo Hill after one season, nor do I think they would hire Fangio under a different title and hand him control of the defense over Hill. Plus Staley is heavily involved in the defense, and he is the HC now, he may not want Fangio for reasons we don't know about.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What title would Fangio have with the Chargers?
      Defensive coordinator. He's earned it.

I don't think the Chargers are going to dump Renaldo Hill after one season, nor do I think they would hire Fangio under a different title and hand him control of the defense over Hill.
      Let me know what Hill has done to earn a position as the unquestioned defensive guru and the unchallenged D.C. and I'll listen. I hardly consider Hill dead weight, by the same turn, nor do I consider his position as unassailable or beyond reproach.

Plus Staley is heavily involved in the defense, and he is the HC now, he may not want Fangio for reasons we don't know about.
      Tampering rules also apply to Staley saying anything about Fangio, at all. I rate Fangio as the best DC in the league, and salary off-sets make it economically viable. His record in turning defenses into Top 5 defenses is without peer in the league.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I've seen a couple others here mention Callahan before.

Kyle Fuller has been awful for Denver this year. He was on a 1 year deal and likely won't be back.

I rarely go to others forums but wanted to read some comments on our game and yeah, some were saying Callahan, Fuller and another I forget should not be be brought back.

I don't think you mentioned him as someone you want to sign, I'm just saying. He got 9 mil to stink it up there.

And I'd take Fangio in a heart beat as DC just not sure how Hill would feel about it is all in saying.
        Gotacha. IMO, the Broncos were doomed when they banked their defense on EDGE Von Miller, then the story about Miller telling his mistress to get an abortion broke, and the season began to unravel, Miller is traded. Vic can't fix a broken locker-room. Not when his QB is a knothead like Drew Lock.

The quickest way to securing a second coaching job for Vic, is to join the Chargers and help them win a title. Then, the HC interview will come again.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Gotacha. IMO, the Broncos were doomed when they banked their defense on EDGE Von Miller, then the story about Miller telling his mistress to get an abortion broke, and the season began to unravel, Miller is traded. Vic can't fix a broken locker-room. Not when his QB is a knothead like Drew Lock.

The quickest way to securing a second coaching job for Vic, is to join the Chargers and help them win a title. Then, the HC interview will come again.
          He wont get an offer for head coach unless it's in the college ranks! Best for him to walk right over and Get assistant head coach/DC in five minutes flat!

:coffee:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

What title would Fangio have with the Chargers? I don't think the Chargers are going to dump Renaldo Hill after one season, nor do I think they would hire Fangio under a different title and hand him control of the defense over Hill. Plus Staley is heavily involved in the defense, and he is the HC now, he may not want Fangio for reasons we don't know about.
            I think this coaching staff could use someone with more experience:

rookie head coach, rookie defensive coordinator, 3rd year offensive coordinator.......good idea moving Hill to assistant head coach.

McVay started off with Wade.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Let me know what Hill has done to earn a position as the unquestioned defensive guru and the unchallenged D.C. and I'll listen. I hardly consider Hill dead weight, by the same turn, nor do I consider his position as unassailable or beyond reproach.

Tampering rules also apply to Staley saying anything about Fangio, at all. I rate Fangio as the best DC in the league, and salary off-sets make it economically viable. His record in turning defenses into Top 5 defenses is without peer in the league.
              All good points, but he looks mean and ornery: hard pass for the Spanos

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

All good points, but he looks mean and ornery: hard pass for the Spanos

That is a must for a D coordinator, I think.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That is a must for a D coordinator, I think.
                  Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen looks wimpy and their defense is good.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I never heard of Hill before he was named DC. Fangio in a minute, and its not personal - just business. Hill can coach one of the units and understudy the master - shit rubs off. Fangio leaves in 2 yrs for a HC role somewhere and maybe Hill is ready.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I never heard of Hill before he was named DC. Fangio in a minute, and its not personal - just business. Hill can coach one of the units and understudy the master - shit rubs off. Fangio leaves in 2 yrs for a HC role somewhere and maybe Hill is ready.
                      Perfect scenario.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Hill was working under Fangio when we hired him. He was the DBs coach. Ed Donatel is the DC there but Fangio has some influence.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Hill was working under Fangio when we hired him. He was the DBs coach. Ed Donatello is the DC there but Fangio has some influence.
                          Well then maybe shit dont rub off on everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X