• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not sure how you can come to the conclusions in bold. They were 2-5 when this was written and are now 3-7. Same as Broncos. Getting rid of Gordon was easy. Can't get rid of Wilson like that with his guarantee and cap hit. Both teams are huge disappointments this year (as are the Chargers thus far). Before the season the AFC W was supposed to be a super division. Turned out to be the AFC E and NFC E.

Because you are clearly conflating A) this season and B) the future. Did you read the article on Raider GM Dave Zeigler I posted where he stated you can't judge a team in Year One on a 2-5 start? (see above)

Broncos can release Wilson, as they have been sold a bill of goods. By Russell Wilson. Bite the bullet and draft QB.

The Broncos can turn this around in one season: They have RB Javonte Williams coming back next season, the best WR corps in the division and their offensive line has talent. It just needs bolstering. The defense and special teams need nothing.

Nathaniel Hackett and Russell Wilson are the two main problems with the Broncos. Hackett was hired before the new ownership group took control and GM George Paton has the juice to can Hackett.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      The Raiders just hired Hiram Kreutzer as the new equipment manager at their training facility in Henderson Nevada

Raider.jpg

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Because you are clearly conflating A) this season and B) the future. Did you read the article on Raider GM Dave Zeigler I posted where he stated you can't judge a team in Year One on a 3-6 start?

Broncos can release Wilson, as they have been sold a bill of goods. By Russell Wilson. Bite the bullet and draft QB.

The Broncos can turn this around in one season: They have RB Javonte Williams coming back next season, the best WR corps in the division and their offensive line has talent. It just needs bolstering. The defense and special teams need nothing.

Nathaniel Hackett and Russell Wilson are the two main problems with the Broncos. Hackett was hired before the new ownership group took control and GM George Paton has the juice to can Hackett.
        Denver is definitely doing something right on defense. They lost Avon Miller and Bradley Chubb and haven’t missed a beat. We have Bosa go out and the defense is crippled. So kudos to them on the draft and development tip.

not sure how you get rid of Wilson with his guarantee and how that impacts their cap. Somebody with a better understanding of that would need to explain. Wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a qb to develop. But everybody was saying Denver would be a playoff team before the season and it ain’t happening so….

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

How are they going to pull this off?
          Broncos new ownership group is a member of the Walmart family, Lewis Hamilton, and Condi Rice. They will find a way out as they have infinite sources. Peyton Manning is also an advisor to the group with an option to join a minority ownership. I've never seen a braintrust like this in my life.

TO BE CLEAR: Broncos are trending up.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/lis...nership-group/

Odds the Broncos pull this off? 100%

Broncos.png

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Well if Niang is trash so are most of your guys that are hurt. His problem is not ability it's durability.

They were down THREE WRs against the chargers and still beat them. The difference between LA and KC is the Chiefs have the depth to withstand some injuries, unlike obviously the Chargers You need to either get a better training staff or acquire tougher players.

Same old Chargers and charger fans. Another year of you saying "we should have beat KC!".

No you shouldn't have.
            I believe you are correct about the Chargers depth. There are questions about the physical profile of the players selected as well, from my point of view. Plus, questions have lingered for a decade of John Spanos or Tom Telesco making picks for the Chargers. I am a Chargers fan and I am trying to step back and take an objective view.

Comment

• Tges58
              Registered Chiefs Fan
              • Mar 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I believe you are correct about the Chargers depth. There are questions about the physical profile of the players selected as well, from my point of view. Plus, questions have lingered for a decade of John Spanos or Tom Telesco making picks for the Chargers. I am a Chargers fan and I am trying to step back and take an objective view.
              I don't know, your team has a lot of good young players so it's obvious whoever is making the picks isn't exactly clueless judging talent. Were these players that get hurt injury prone in college? Maybe they need more steak and potatoes, or maybe some gold old wholesome KC BBQ

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Well if Niang is trash so are most of your guys that are hurt. His problem is not ability it's durability.

They were down THREE WRs against the chargers and still beat them. The difference between LA and KC is the Chiefs have the depth to withstand some injuries, unlike obviously the Chargers You need to either get a better training staff or acquire tougher players.

Same old Chargers and charger fans. Another year of you saying "we should have beat KC!".

No you shouldn't have.
                As I see it, it's not the number of players hurt, but the "who" is hurt. We have been playing without 3 of our top 4 WR's. No team has a bench that has 4 top WR's waiting to step in. If one of those injured had been from some other position or had been the number 4/5 WR that was injured we would have been okay. The other problem is that we only carry five WR's on the roster. Considering that a team has many players when they use four WR's, it seems very risky to only carry five.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Denver is definitely doing something right on defense. They lost Avon Miller and Bradley Chubb and haven’t missed a beat. We have Bosa go out and the defense is crippled.
                  They lost major players, but are still competitive...

We lost Allen on offense & Bosa on defense and both degraded a lot...

What that said about our current OC & DC? (I'd like to use the word, not decent enough....)

Go Bolts!!!

PS. It is puzzling that a few here want to cut Allen and Bosa next year.... :dunno::dunno:

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

They lost major players, but are still competitive...

We lost Allen on offense & Bosa on defense and both degraded a lot...

What that said about our current OC & DC? (I'd like to use the word, not decent enough....)

Go Bolts!!!

PS. It is puzzling that a few here want to cut Allen and Bosa next year.... :dunno::dunno:
                    Still competitive…at 3-8…

Comment

• TTThunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They said DV defense is #1 and offense #32.... (The statement I quoted mentioned DV defense only. I then added our offense and defense for comparison...)

(Had we have DV defense, we would have been 11-0....)

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And got stomped by Carolina today.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And got stomped by Carolina today.
                          Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 6.12.01 PM.png

Watched Danger Russ put up 53 yards in the first half yesterday. Hackett and this bill of goods they
                          bought from Seattle gotta go.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡