• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig440
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Well if one of our OL was to go out for a while I'm glad its him. He is the weak link and always hurt.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I hope we look at Jaimes thoroughly
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You know who we have on the roster who played tackle at a very high level the last few years? Jaimes. I get they want to transition him to guard, size and all, but I don’t even know if big-n-tall Norton is better than him. I dunno, maybe pro edge rushers would blow past him but Norton certainly has his matador moments, and Jaimes was about the only positive OL we had in preseason.

If Norton starts getting shellacked, play Jaimes, we may have a solid RT already.

Edit: Whoops 21, we must have been posting at the same time.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
          Well if one of our OL was to go out for a while I'm glad its him. He is the weak link and always hurt.
          Yeah agree. Just sucked since the rare times he was healthy, he was actually decent to good. Did admirably in the first half. Also sucked that so much money was sunk into him.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Schofield is depth at guard. I think we move Feiler to RT before Schofield plays RT again.
            Where does the 4th round rookie, Brenden Jaimes, fit in this reshuffle?

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

I hope he recovers. I think hes the best RT we have. Hard to replace that kind of experience.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

There were some good OL prospects available at No. 97 (the 3rd round comp pick) where Telesco drafted TE Tre' McKitty. McKitty is a project, he's 4th on the depth chart and wasn't active for Week 1 v. WFT. We had a discussion in the summer about that pick. Even though Telesco picked OL in the 5th with Jaimes, there would have been nothing wrong with picking OL with the 2nd third round pick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  I hope he recovers. I think hes the best RT we have. Hard to replace that kind of experience.
                  Trying to look at the glass half full -- give him time to recover. Its early in the season. If he needs four weeks, give him five weeks. And hopefully the team is in a position in Nov and Dec that a healthy Bulaga will be a nice boost to the OLine

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Where does the 4th round rookie, Brenden Jaimes, fit in this reshuffle?
                    I see him a guard depth with the potential to be a starting guard next year.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      There were some good OL prospects available at No. 97 (the 3rd round comp pick) where Telesco drafted TE Tre' McKitty. McKitty is a project, he's 4th on the depth chart and wasn't active for Week 1 v. WFT. We had a discussion in the summer about that pick. Even though Telesco picked OL in the 5th with Jaimes, there would have been nothing wrong with picking OL with the 2nd third round pick.
                      I can see McKitty being active now on game day if they need someone to help Norton out more. As for OT in the third, would that person be an immediate step above Norton and Pipkin? That’s the question. And given Staley’s input into these personnel issues, it seems like the answer is probably not.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The problem with Baluga is all offseason and during training camp his back had time to heal. Apparently it didn’t so not too confident 4-5 weeks off will fix it. Back injuries are really bad news for OL, most especially the Tackles. He might be another Schwartz

Prediction: Norton plays the rest of the season and ends up a serviceable RT. Not great. Definitely the worst of the starters, but serviceable and gets the job done.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          The problem with Baluga is all offseason and during training camp his back had time to heal. Apparently it didn’t so not too confident 4-5 weeks off will fix it. Back injuries are really bad news for OL, most especially the Tackles. He might be another Schwartz

Prediction: Norton plays the rest of the season and ends up a serviceable RT. Not great. Definitely the worst of the starters, but serviceable and gets the job done.

TG
                          Could be worse - Ronnie Stanley from the Ravens is out. And he is a LT.

Comment

Working...
                          X