• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

I thought Norton was alright. Sweat got by him once but Sweat had another 7 pressures last night.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Popper’s quick thoughts:

Los Angeles Chargers starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga has been placed on the injured reserve list with a back injury, the team announced Friday. He will miss at least three weeks.

In a corresponding move, the Chargers signed guard/tackle Michael Schofield III, who was released by the Baltimore Ravens in August. Schofield played for Los Angeles from 2017-2019, starting 39 of his 49 regular and postseason games.

This story will be updated.

Who will the Chargers turn to with Bulaga out?
      Daniel Popper, Chargers beat writer: Storm Norton, who the Chargers signed from the XFL in 2020, is the next man up at right tackle. He replaced Bulaga for the second half Sunday against Washington and played pretty well. He allowed a strip sack to Montez Sweat, but outside of that rep, he held up well in pass protection. The Chargers do have the option of kicking left guard Matt Feiler out to right tackle and inserting rookie fifth-round pick Brenden Jaimes into the starting lineup. Feiler played right tackle when he was with the Steelers. For now, though, they prefer to only make one change instead of two. Plus, rookie left tackle Rashawn Slater and Feiler displayed fantastic synergy, both in pass protection and run blocking, against Washington. I cannot see the Chargers breaking up that pairing on the left side at this juncture.

More impacted with Bulaga out: Pass game or run game?
      Popper: When you lose a starting tackle, the primary concern is pass protection. Despite his injury history, Bulaga was a steading force on the right side. Norton is very unproven. The Chargers will have to target their help and chip blocks to he right side to aid Norton while Bulaga is out. Norton is now the glaring weak point on an offensive line that played really well in the opener. Opposing defenses will be aware of that.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I can see McKitty being active now on game day if they need someone to help Norton out more. As for OT in the third, would that person be an immediate step above Norton and Pipkin? That’s the question. And given Staley’s input into these personnel issues, it seems like the answer is probably not.
        I would hazard a guess, that one of the OL that was picked after McKitty at #97 and before the Chargers 4th round pick at #118 would be a step above Pipkins or Norton. It wouldn't be difficult.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Posted this a while back. Tend to agree with Wu though. Might not want to break up the good chemistry between Slater and Feiler.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I don't know what to say...this is the second olinemen we've had that's been a high paid lemon. Bulaga is done because no ones gonna pay him what he thinks he's worth and do you think he'd play for $2 million a year going forward?

:wtf:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

At least the Cowboys are without their top 2 edge rushers for this week. Norton did pretty well filling in against a much better unit last week and he has gotten all the first team reps in practice this week, so at least for 1 week I’m not overly worried. Let’s see how Smith and Sarrett develop him over the coming weeks and how Lombardi calls plays. I’m sure Linsley will be shifting help that way more often, especially with how amazing that left side looked last week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                I don't know what to say...this is the second olinemen we've had that's been a high paid lemon. Bulaga is done because no ones gonna pay him what he thinks he's worth and do you think he'd play for $2 million a year going forward?

:wtf:
                2 mil a year is pretty good considering you are not playing and nursing ailments.
                Depends on if he wants to continue to have those ailments.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Blastttoff
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

Bulaga was ok, Storm Norton kinda held his own.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Could be worse - Ronnie Stanley from the Ravens is out. And he is a LT.
                    Wow. I didn't know that. The Ravens have been decimated and it seems like it is their best and key players they are losing. Bet they wish they had Brown back now. BTW I read Brown is struggling in the KC offense (so far) and does not look like the same player.
                    TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

2 mil a year is pretty good considering you are not playing and nursing ailments.
                      Depends on if he wants to continue to have those ailments.
                      Not when you've been making $10 mil sitting on the sidelines. He's made more in the last 2 years than he will make for the next five years.

:hello:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I still think Bulaga adds value….he just needs to get healthy to help us down the stretch during our playoff run :chuckle:

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

there's no value in a player that is not available.

Comment

Working...
                          X