• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Jerry Jones was on NFL Network and said he loves the Cowboy gameplan and "San Diego" is going to have something to say about that...... (no one corrected him...lol)

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

This is the correct move by the Cowboys. Parsons’ biggest liability is pass coverage, as seen in the Tampa game. I was hoping Herbo would get a chance to exploit it, too, but now it looks like it ain’t gonna happen.
      His strength is as a front 7 pass rusher, not in coverage..... and he is blazing fast.....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...defensive-end/

Micah Parsons, the Cowboys' 1st round rookie linebacker, is going to play defensive end today in the absence of the Cowboys two DE starters (DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory). Parsons is listed at 6-3, 245 lbs. Interesting that Rashawn Slater fell to the Chargers at #13 on draft day after the Cowboys at #12, and picked Parsons over Slater. There were a lot of mocks and speculation that the 'boys were going to draft Slater at #12. Now the #12 pick, Parsons, and the #13 pick, Slater, may be going up against each other today.

The 'boys do have some options at LB that is allowing them to put Parsons at DE: Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith - both players that no long ago were considered pretty good.

My thought: Desperation move by the Cowboys. Parsons is not a DE, and playing out of position is an advantage for the Chargers' OL, though I have read elsewhere the Cowboys "trained" Parsons as a pass rusher this off-season and D. Lawrence was reportedly "impressed." Parsons apparently was a DE in high school, and came to Penn State as a DE, and was switched to LB out of need.
        I was intrigued with Parsons playing some as OLB or DE in pass rushing situations. In the end, maybe why Cowboys went his direction, luckily for the Chargers :disco:

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If the Chargers get ahead, won't matter how fast he is as a pass rusher. They can just keep pounding on him in the run game. Pull Feiler right into him. This truly does look desparate. I can see doing it if he was a seasoned pro and he would probably be ok at it. But this is asking a lot of a guy in his second game .

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Chargers will win this one 38-28.

I don't care how the Cowboys fiddle with their DL/LB, our OL is very good. Herbert will have time to pick them apart. The Cowboys offense will also give Dak some time. Should be some fireworks today.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Chargers will win this one 38-28.

I don't care how the Cowboys fiddle with their DL/LB, our OL is very good. Herbert will have time to pick them apart. The Cowboys offense will also give Dak some time. Should be some fireworks today.
              I agree.... I expect both teams to play well and score points..... and plenty of them...... I think Chargers are a better overall team.....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Let me break it down for ya...

wu is set up in his lucky seat at the epic sports bar.
                There are 40+ screens, two projection screens.
                Every game is visible from my perch.
                We are on the big 200" screens lateh.
                Now about those loud Cowboy fans.
                Soon.
                Time for silencio, DAL...

:uplol:
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Today is Herbert’s coming out party. Today, this is the national TV game. Last year, he was gaining a reputation, but how may people saw him play? Today, he is being showcased. Go for it Herbie. 300+ yards passing, 3 TDs. 100+ yards for Slayer too as he showcases his under appreciated skills.

31- 24 Bolts.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Parson has almost no length or experience for playing on the EDGE. Run the ball right at him.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Redskins1
                      Registered Redskin Fan
                      • Aug 2021
                      • Send PM

2 hours before kickass I mean kickoff...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        Parson has almost no length or experience for playing on the EDGE. Run the ball right at him.
                        Yep. A liability. Running the ball makes for a shorter game, too. Less chances for Cowboys offense to get in a rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Joey Bosa, please no roughing the passer penalties today,
                          He seems to have a tendency to get pushed down towards the ground sometimes by the offensive lineman and then dives towards the QB's knees...bad habit...Understand it..but bad. He's had a few of those personal foul calls at the QB's lower legs.

Comment

Working...
                          X